Friday, February 01, 2013

2nd Annual Reader Fitness Challenge


Welcome to the Second Annual Reader Fitness Challenge!  As many of you know, I started my weight loss journey in January of 2012.  I have definitely had my challenges, but I'm excited about the successes as well.  What I love about this challenge is that it is all about supporting one another.  I look forward to hearing your stories and supporting each other into a healthy 2013.

Here's the challenge:
For the next 6 weeks, my family and I are challenging each of you take steps to become healthier.  Whether that is changing your eating habits or starting an exercise program, we are challenging to take action. 

There is NO REGISTRATION needed - all are welcome to participate!

Just by participating, you can win prizes from some of my favorite authors, as well as, myself.  There will also be a grand prize winner based on participation. You can participate through Facebook, Twitter or my blog. Here's how:

Facebook - every day of the challenge I will post a Daily Fitness Tip. Simply comment about the tip or leave an encouraging, supportive statement for other's and you'll be entered in the drawings for prizes.

Twitter - Tweet your own fitness tip or an encouraging, supportive statement. Be sure to use #RFC2013 if you want to be entered into the drawings.

Blog - Each Tuesday of the challenge, I will post a question or common issue when it comes to weight loss or making healthy choices.  Simply join the conversation by leaving a related message in the comment section.

Prizes!!! Who doesn't love prizes?
Many authors have agreed to give away books throughout the challenge.  I will be highlighting them each Friday on the blog. Be sure to stop by catch up on their current work and join the conversation.

Additionally, I will be giving away ONE ereader as the Grand Prize at the end of the challenge.

Everyone that participates through Facebook, Twitter and/or blog will be entered to win all the prizes.  All prizes will be announced on my blog Saturday March 16th!

25 comments:

Serena Zane said...

Hey Lucy! I look forward to doing the challenge with you. I am starting at 216.8lbs. There is a blog listing on my site and I am encouraging readers to join me and am doing a giveaway to the person who comments on my blog on http://www.serenazane.com fridays with their success and weight lost. The winner of the week will receive a free copy of one of my digital books. Last year I lost a total of 32lbs during the challenge and have continued to live healthy. Thanks for being an inspiration Lucy!

Z said...

Hello Lucy
I'm ready this year. I missed last year heard about at the end. Thanks for the challenge!
Z

Mary Preston said...

I so need this!!

June M. said...

This is great! And something that I REALLY need.

Debby said...

I am read for another year. Hope I do better this time.

Angie Outland said...

I am excited to join in this challenge. Over the past 2 years, I've lost a total of 185 pounds, and I have 50 more to go! I need motivation and support to push me to finish the 50. I know the biggest challenge of weight loss is keeping it off. I am hoping that by participating in a fitness challenge I will keep off the weight.

Sunu said...

am also joining you this year . . . I didnt know the link and thought the readers fitness challenge hasnt started yet.

Pamk said...

I to am starting a weight loss journey. I am starting to add fruits and vegetables to my diet. I plan on starting to exercise next this week.

Jessica T said...

Thanks for this! As a student, I tend to forget about my health when homework, lab reports, and exams take over my life. I forget to sleep, either eat nothing at all or too much, and count myself lucky if I have the chance to get out of the computer lab on campus where I do the majority of my studying. Thanks again for providing motivation through the next 6 weeks. Good luck to you, your family and everyone else who's attempting this!

jbcweiss said...

What a great idea Lucy. Just heard about this and must have missed last year. Thanks for helping us to get healthier!

Annie said...

I so need this . I feel like i'm alone. When I started losing wait about 20 or so months ago. I weight over 400 lbs, and unable to walk. Now I am at about 200 and can walk boy can I walk. I try to do two miles a day. So this would give me a place to leave my progress and to talk with other people. The worst thing right now is clothes I went from a 5 x to about xlarge / large.

auntchele said...

Hi Lucy,

I Signed up last year and that's about all I did. Looking forward to actually working on my weight this year. Well...looking forward to the results of it anyway.

Mybradybunch6 said...

I do not have an exercise buddy at home so I will have to see about a virtual exercise buddy. I hope you don't mind if I use you ladies for inspiration and venting if I need to.

Booksrforever123 said...

I too heard about this at the end of the challenge last year and was looking for the link all over when you mentioned it again in last month's newsletter. Last year I joined curves and did their complete plan for 3 months and lost 30 pounds. I've rejoined again this year, but have had a minor set back. Two weeks ago I had a partial hysterectomy and have been ordered to let myself heal-no physical activity at all. I can't wait to be released from the doctor so I can get back to walking my dogs every day instead of, if I'm feeling good I might take them for a couple blocks, and getting back to curves to work out 4 times a week. I too would like to get aobut 50 more pounds off.

mamakk said...

Always helps to have a carrot at the end of the fitness stick! Keeps me motivated.

Terra Vaughn said...

Thank you for starting this. I was working out yesterday and I was so sore today I was about to quit again, but now I have another reason to keep going. Hugs and kisses all

Angel Rose said...

I started this week at 161. That is a total loss of 31 pounds since the end of September. Now if the rest of it would just melt away before summer!

Jai Clark said...

I think this will be a great way to stay motivated. I don't have an excercise partner at home either and have put on quite a bit the last year and a half due to stress so this will be a great way to take it off and meet new people who face one of my struggles. It's always better doing this with others.

julie reuter said...

Wow! You are amazing! Your last 50 will be gone before you know it - keep up the good work!

julie reuter said...

Annie - wow! Your weight loss is amazing! I can only imagine how proud of yourself you must be! Keep up the great work!

barkergirl33 said...

I'm right here with you-thank you for being so generous throughout this journey, and how much fun and easier it is with so many enthusiastic people!

kelsmitt said...

Thank you Lucy for doing this.. I agree that it helps to have other people to talk to, and to hear fabulous success stories like Annie's!! Great Job...

one6ylady said...

Looking forward to the tips and ideas, as well as all the comraderie.

one6ylady said...

Looking forward to participating because I have a lot of pudge to lose. My goal is 20 lbs. minimum.

mona schmuland said...

I'm looking forward to do the challenge with you. I have lost 40 pounds and I have to lose another 20 pounds.I found out that it is very hard to lose weight. I could use the help.