Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday Night Hospitality Suite

Welcome to Thursday's Hospitality Suite!  Hope you had a fun day chatting with our guest bloggers. Feel free to browse through the books and leave a comment for the authors.  Each author's name will link back to their personal website where you can get more great information and see what other books they've written.

Buy the book
Not the Marrying Kind
by Nicola Marsh


Diva Las Vegas!
When investors tarnish the King of Construction's reputation he's forced to prove his respectability… by finding a wife!

Beck Blackwood, desert bad-boy made good, will do whatever it takes to expand his construction company nationwide. Including blackmail a woman guaranteed to drive him crazy, into marriage.

LA party planner Poppy Collins is a woman on a mission: save her sister's sanity. Determined to keep business afloat, Poppy pitches for the divorce party of the century to Vegas hotshot Beck Blackwood, not expecting a proposal of a different kind.

Beck leaves Poppy no option. Marry him or her Divorce Diva Daily secret is out and her sister's business implodes. He holds a winning hand. However, Beck hasn't played the game with a defiant woman who has a few tricks of her own!

In the city of high stakes and high flyers, can the Divorce Diva and the construction king take a gamble on love and beat the odds?


Buy the book
Blood of the Demon
by Rosalie Lario


Keegan lives to exact revenge on the evil demon who sired and abused him. When his father devises a plan to bring upon the apocalypse, he and his three half-brothers, inter-dimensional bounty-hunters for the Elden Council, are charged with capturing and delivering their father for punishment.

Art gallery owner Brynn Meyers has no idea that her abilities to read memories embedded in objects and drain people of their life force means she has demon ancestry. Unfortunately for Brynn, she’s also the key to raising an ancient zombie army, which puts her on every demon’s Most Wanted List.

And no one wants her more than Mammon.

Keegan must protect Brynn from his father by any means necessary, but he’ll have to learn to harness the other half of his genetics—the  far deadlier, uncontrollable side—when he starts to fall for the one woman standing between him and the vengeance he so desperately seeks. The one woman he’ll never be able to resist.

Buy the Book
Dangerous Ties
by Debra Parmley

Lillian's fiance convinces the townsfolk to exchange their gold for his worthless bank notes. When he disappears, every eye turns to Lillian. Even her cousin Carl insists she knows where the gold is. Carl is deeply indebted to Kingston, owner of the saloon and small town criminal. When Nick discovers Lillian she's strung up over a mine shaft and the rope is breaking. He saves her, tends to her wounds and teaches her to shoot. When his horse trading deal with Kingston goes bad, Lillian races to save Nick.

Fourth and Goal
by Jami Davenport

Buy the book

In a game played on and off the field, only one of them will emerge the winner.
Armed with an uncanny ability for evaluating football talent, a dogged determination to succeed in a man's world, and an empty bank account, Rachel McCormick agrees to help struggling wide receiver Derek Ramsey get his game back. Rachel believes Derek, her former best friend and lover, knows the truth behind the points-shaving scandal which ruined her father. She vows to expose the secret even if it destroys Derek in the process.

When Derek's coach suggests sex as an excellent tension reliever the night before a game, Rachel takes one for the team. The next day, Derek has the best performance of his not-so illustrious pro football career. As Derek and Rachel rack up nights in bed and other places, the team racks up wins on the field. Rachel is torn between her loyalty to her father and her growing affection for Derek.

Now it's fourth and goal, one second left on the clock. Their hearts are on the line. Do they trust each other enough to go for the long bomb or do they get dropped for a loss?


Buy the book
Star Prince
by Ashlynn Monroe


After a night of erotic delights with the sexy alien prince, will Tas be able to let him go?

Tasmin Robins has worked hard to earn her coveted diplomatic internship on the mysterious imperial world of Aurora. Driven and smart, though occasionally impulsive, Tas has a ten-year plan -- and it doesn't include love.

When Tasmin risks her life to save a stranger, she has no idea her sacrifice will leave her fate entwined with the most powerful man on Aurora -- DeMarcus Le'JeMur, Prince of the Stars and Ruler Of The Seven Kingdoms, ruler of the planets under Aurorian control.

After DeMarcus impulsively declares he owes Tasmin a life debt, she must convince the Imperial Council to grant them both their freedom. But after a night of erotic delights with the sexy alien, will she be able to let him go?


Touch of a Scoundrel
by Mia Marlowe
Buy the book


It's a matter of honor, duty… and desire…

Griffin Nash, Earl of Devonwood, wants to believe that he's seducing Miss Emmaline Farnsworth out of protectiveness for his young brother. After all, if his brother is convinced that the tantalizing professor's daughter is unworthy of his trust, perhaps Teddy will lose all interest in such an inappropriate choice for his station.

But in truth, something else motivates Devonwood: a scintillating vision he's had of a future tryst with the lovely Emmaline. A vision too realistic to be doubted--and too scaldingly passionate to be denied.
Yet Emmaline is not as easily tempted as Devonwood might have hoped--nor is she actually in pursuit of a wealthy husband. No, the real reason for her visit to the manor is something much more shocking… though being enticed by a dashing earl may prove to be a most welcome by-product of her schemes…


52 comments:

Linda Henderson said...

These all look like great books. I will be checking these out.

MiaMarlowe said...

Thanks, Linda! Glad you dropped by.

brandi said...

Hi all!!!

MiaMarlowe said...

Are you having fun with Lucy's ORR, Brandi?

brandi said...

I know all these great books and my tbr pile is just growing by the minute.

brandi said...

I am!! I just wish a few of the authors I really wanted to blog with had shown up. Oh well maybe next time.

MiaMarlowe said...

I know what you mean. I've got a stack that never seems to grow any smaller on my bedside table. And that's in addition to the ebooks on my phone!

Ameliad said...

All these books sound like good reads!

MiaMarlowe said...

For some reason, I can't see the cover for Debra Parmley's DANGEROUS TIES. I checked her website but it doesn't seem to be showing there either. However, there's a great excerpt!

Jami Davenport said...

Hi, everyone. How are you guys this evening? Are you going to the masquerade ball? I'm looking for some pics of me to post.

brandi said...

I have an account at a game site and am using my avatar from there. Closest I will get to a dress/nice pic that I have downloaded.

MiaMarlowe said...

The only pic of me in costume is on my website. It's from when I was singing professionally, so I'm all done up in a corset and bumroll!

sheryl said...

All of these books sound great. Can't wait to read them.

Jami Davenport said...

Hey, Mia, that's great. You should post it to Lucy's FB.

I just posted one to Facebook.

Joan Varner said...

Hello, everyone. This new list of books on Lucy's blog page look really good. Mia, I will definitely have to add yours to the "wish" list because I love a heroine that is book smart and "society" smart as well.

MiaMarlowe said...

I'm never sure where to post on someone else's page.

Raonaid Luckwell said...

Mmmm, several books on here looks really good. I need to finish my WIP before I can gorge on books.

MiaMarlowe said...

Thanks, Joan! Hope you'll enjoy my lady scoundrel.

MiaMarlowe said...

Tell us about your WIP, Raonaid.

Jami Davenport said...

Mia, I think we chased everyone away.

Joan Varner said...

Mia, what are you working on now??

Blogless Pat said...

Hi everyone had a busy day today so wasn't able to participate until now.

brandi said...

Well off to bed. my football team is losing and being dumb so off to sleep off a headache that just showed up. have a good night all!

MiaMarlowe said...

Thanks for asking, Joan. I just finished a Scottish-set Christmas novel for Kensington that'll be out in Oct. 2013. Now I'm writing a prequel novella for it. I'm having a great time with my kilted heroes!

MiaMarlowe said...

Good night, Brandi. It's after 10 PM where I live so I'm off to bed too. Happy reading all!

Joan Varner said...

Jamie, I just saw your masquerade costume over on Facebook. Very nice.
Mia, the Christmas novel sounds interesting. I enjoy holiday themed stories. I even have that as a category on my Kindle.

Joan Varner said...

Jamie, what are you working on now?

Blogless Pat said...

No masquerade ball for me I'm not on facebook.

Jami Davenport said...

Good night to those of you who are up late. I'm in the Pacific time zone, so not too late here.

Hi, Joan, Actually I'm working on Book 3 of my football series. I also have a small town series I started, and I'm working on some short stories. I have a Christmas romance coming on in the next few weeks that I'm really excited about. It made me cry when I wrote it, made my CP cry when she read it, and my editor says she can't get it out of her mind, so I'm hoping the readers will like it, too.

Jami Davenport said...

Pat, that's too bad about not being able to attend the ball. :(

Blogless Pat said...

Is it hard writing a series.

Jami Davenport said...

I love writing series because I hate to leave characters behind so if I write a series I get to keep them with me.

What's hard is keeping track of everything so you don't change things you shouldn't change from one book to another. Also sometimes you can write yourself into a corner in the previous book and mess up the next book.

Blogless Pat said...

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me. Have a few more things to do on the internet tonight. Will take the time to check out your website. Have a goodnight.

Jami Davenport said...

Goodnight, Pat. Thanks for stopping by.

Elf2060 said...

Hi everyone,

I always show up late, just wanted to peek my head in. Hope everyone is well.

Jami Davenport said...

Hi, Elf, I've been popping in and out. It's been quiet here. I think everyone is at the masquerade ball on Lucy's Facebook.

Elf2060 said...

I went wandering around the blogposts, I am not on FB and I don't Tweet so I can't go peek but don't let me keep you (0:

Congrats on your new release, I kept wondering where I had seen your name...Forward Passes sounds like a fun read.

Joan Varner said...

Jami, when you are writing what are you reading? Is there a favorite genre that you prefer?

Jami Davenport said...

Well, darn, that's too bad. There are a lot of good costumes on Lucy's FB page.

Elf2060 said...

Oh...actually, I can look at the pretty pictures (and now I want chocolate!), you look pretty stunning in your Roaring 20's outfit. Have a great rest of the evening!

Jami Davenport said...

Joan, I'm so busy, I don't have a lot of time to read, but I do read in the bathtub almost every night. I seem to go through phases. Right now I'm in a sweet contemporary romance phase, not erotic. I also love regency historicals and thrillers.

I used to write extremely erotic romance under another pen name, and I think I'm still a little burned out on both reading and writing them.

Jami Davenport said...

I'm glad you were able to see the pics. There are some great ones.

Yes, I liked that costume, too. In fact, I got a lot of mileage out of that dress, wore it for quite a few things, and loaned it out to a few friends, too.

Joan Varner said...

Well, I need to get some other things done now. Thank you for chatting with me. Good luck on your new project! I will watch for it.

Jami Davenport said...

Thanks,Joan, Have good evening.

I'm going to call it a night, too. So if anyone is still lurking about, good night!!!

debraaparmley said...

Is anyone still here? I've been having internet connectivity issues tonight. Went to the site where we were having the launch party tonight an hr early so I could visit here (and have some nibbles before the party got going) but the connecting just didn't happen.

However I am home now and can log in, if anyone is still here.

debraaparmley said...

Gosh Mia, I don't know what's wrong with my cover. Thank you for posting a link for me and I'm so glad you like the excerpt.

It must be my night for computer issues. Sigh

debraaparmley said...

Thank you Linda!

debraaparmley said...

On a plus note my third book launched today and that part went off well, so I guess if there had to be internet problems at least nothing went horribly awry with that.

I really wish I could have popped in earlier and celebrated such a happy day for with all y'all though.

debraaparmley said...

Well, sweet dreams everyone and I'll see you tomorrow at ORR.

flchen1 said...

Oops, sorry to have missed all of you live! It's been lovely not only to read your posts, but to see all your comments and to be able to enjoy interacting with you all during this week! Thank you and thank you, Lucy, for making this happen!!

flchen1 said...

Oh, and sweet dreams!! :)

joder said...

Such a great assortment of books! Again, my wish list keeps getting bigger and bigger.

gogi1_2 AT yahoo DOT com