Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Retreat Guest Blogger Tory Richards

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here today, participating in Lucy’s Online Retreat. Looks like it’s going to be loads of fun for both authors and readers alike. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Tory Richards, and I write erotic romance. Just this year alone I had four releases!  The Mercenary Man came out with The Wild Rose Press, Passionate Encounters came out with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, Hot Spot was released with Liquid Silver Books, and my first self-published book, Up in Flames is available at Amazon Kindle.  All of my books are available at Amazon.

I’ve been a writer all my life. When I was younger, it was therapy for me. It was always there for me. Not too many people knew writing was my passion. Getting published didn’t really enter my mind in the early days. I just knew I had characters inside my head that demanded their stories be told, and I wrote them. Then my family encouraged me to give publishing a try and soon I was offered my first contract. After that, there was no turning back.

I hope you’ll check out my books.  Below are blurbs to Up in Flames and Hot Spot. They both received 5-STAR reviews from readers at Goodreads.

Buy on Kindle
Up in Flames
Rachel Masters has had a crush on her sexy boss for three years. As far as she knows the millionaire architect is oblivious to her, walking past her desk every morning with barely a nod in her direction. But when the power goes out and they're trapped in an elevator, the truth comes out in one steamy episode designed to take Rachel's mind off being claustrophobic.

James White doesn't have a crush on his receptionist. He wants her, it’s as simple as that. He senses there's a real beauty hidden beneath the granny glasses and professional suites. And he plans to find out how hot she is as soon as the chance presents itself.

Hot Spot
There’d been something brewing between John and Sammy twenty years ago when they were teenagers. Only good girl Sammy had been too afraid of his bad boy image. Besides, in those days all he'd wanted was sex. She opted for his safer and more predictable brother, Pat. And when they get married, John disappears.

They’re reunited during a family reunion, and the years disappear in the blink of an eye. Seeing him now, as the successful, sexy man he's become, reminds Sammy that they're both free to pursue their attraction for each other that had never fully extinguished. Only giving in to a weekend of hot anywhere, anything goes sex isn't the only thing Sammy faces. She has to come to terms with loving him.


Let's Chat:
I thought I’d leave you with a fun and easy recipe for some Halloween treats. The picture speaks for itself.  What are some of your favorite Halloween treats?

Witch Hat Cookies
Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies - upside down
Kisses
Orange frosting




22 comments:

brandi said...

Tory, My favorite halloween treat is KitKats!!! I love them.

Blogless Pat said...

Hi Tory,
Nice idea for a Halloween treat. For me I just want a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I'm addicted to them.

joder said...

That is such a cute treat! I'm never that creative. My favorite treats are Kit Kats and Rice Crispy Treats with Orange Kool-Aid sprinkled on top so they're festively colored.

gogi1_2 AT yahoo DOT com

SusanR said...

Those witches hats are totally adorable!!

We have allergies, so most of what we eat we make. I love making my daughter pumpkin pie ice cream - sometimes we even make it into a frozen pie. :)

hollie said...

I always make witches finger cookies...nothing like giving someone the finger for the holiday :)

calstephanie said...

My favorite is candy corn! :)

Linda Henderson said...

Boy, there are so many. I love turtles and basically anything with carmel or white chocolate. Actually I just got through munching on a bite size caramel Milky Way and it was excellent.

Lorna said...

Love the witches hats!! I'm going to have to make some!

My favourite treat is anything chocolately :-)

Up In Flames sounds like my kind of book! I can't wait to read it.

How many attempts did it take before you published your first book?

aimeef said...

One of the great aspects of this online retreat is getting introduced to authors I've haven't read yet. Looking forward to finding and reading your books.

aimeef said...

One of the great aspects of this online retreat is getting introduced to authors I've haven't read yet. Looking forward to finding and reading your books.

Jan Douglas said...

Those hats are perfect for my classroom party. Might even let the kids make them.

Sherri W. said...

Oh, those witches hats are SO cute. Kinda like the Christmas mice that I make.

Favorite Halloween treat is twix bars. I only eat them durig Halloween.

Elf2060 said...

Wow, I love your treats, those look like something I could actually make. Congrats on all of your releases, looks like you have been quite a busy lady!

Jane said...

Those Witch Hat cookies look so lovely and delicious. I like Snickers and Swedish Fish.

SiNn said...

ill have to try that fun easy snack and honstly id have to say anything with pb in it my fav tho is pb covered apples but sweeets chocolate kissess or swedish fish



and your a tallented Lady I cant wait to read ur next book

Shadow said...

your books sound great! and i love the cookies. yum! so gonna try those. thank you!

Tory Richards said...

OMG...I am so sorry everyone! I honestly thought my blog date was 10/11, but now I see it was 10/10. I so wanted to be here to chat with you during my time. I love meeting new people and I'm so mad at myself right now.

I thank all of you for stopping by and leaving your comments. And I'm glad you like the Halloween cookies. Easy to make, huh?

Brandi - KitKats are good but my favorite is Twix. Kind of alike.

Blogless Pat - another favoriet! Who doesn't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?

Joder - I've never had a Rice Crispy Treat. But I hear I'm missing out.

Susan - pumpkin pie ice cream sounds delish! With whip cream, right? LOL

Hollie - LOL, I've seen the witch finger cookies. They look easy but when I checked the recipe it scared me!

Calstephanie - candy corn is a must at Halloween.

Linda - turtles were my mom's favorite. Thank you for making me think about her:)

Lorna - how many attempts did it take before I made it? Once I decided to go epub I was offered my first contract the first time I submitted. And that book, Cupid's Arrow, was on the publisher's best sellers list for 2 months!

Aimee - I'd love to hear from you if you do get a chance to read any of my books. I hope you like hot!

Jan - that's a terrific idea!

Sherri - really? You must have a strong will:)

elf2060 - thank you!

Jane - Swedish fish? I never heard of them. Where can you get them?

SiNn - I just recently went through a peanut butter phase. If pb stands for peanut butter:) They have different flavors!



Tory Richards said...

Sorry Shadow, hit the wrong thing before I was done. I don't think you can go wrong with those cookies:)

flchen1 said...

How cute!! I just saw a cute article on creative Halloween themed cupcakes--http://www.foodnetwork.com/halloween/package/index.html

And I saw a recipe for making your own candy corn, which I doubt I'll try, but well, at least I'll know how, right? ;p

My favorite store bought treat is Twix--mmm...

Carin said...

Tory the cookies are adorable, I can't believe you haven't had swedish fish http://www.fitapproach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/swedishfish.jpg check them out

Tory Richards said...

Hi flchen1, Twix is one of my favorites, too. I'm going to check out those cupcakes right now! Thanks:)

Tory Richards said...

Hey Carin, I checked out the picture.
Are they like gummies? I think that's what those rubbery candies are called:)

Tory