Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Retreat Guest Blogger Nicola Marsh

Website ~ Blog
Facebook ~ Twitter
USA TODAY bestselling author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair.

She’s had 32 books published with Harlequin Romance and Presents series, a fun, flirty contemporary mainstream romance BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD with Entangled Publishing (nominated for Romantic Book of the Year 2012) and sold over 3 million copies worldwide.

Her first category romance for Entangled Publishing’s Indulgence series, NOT THE MARRYING KIND, released July 2012, with another category contemporary romance FALLING FOR FLYNN releasing with Crimson Romance October 2012.

Her first indie pubbed contemporary romance, CRAZY LOVE, released September 2012.
Her urban fantasy young adult novel SCION OF THE SUN releases November 2013 with Month9Books and her YA thriller with Harlequin Teen in 2013.

She’s also a Waldenbooks and Bookscan bestseller, has finaled in a number of awards, including the Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award, HOLT, Booksellers’ Best, Golden Quill, Laurel Wreath.

More than Magic and has won several CataRomance Reviewers’ Choice Awards.

A physiotherapist for thirteen years, she now adores writing full time, raising her two little heroes, sharing fine food with family and friends, and her favorite, curling up with a good book!


Doesn’t a reader retreat sound divine?


Buy the book
I envisage a cozy day spa packed with soft sofas to snuggle into it, copious chocolate on hand, cabana boys to serve and a library packed with fabulous books!

So while I pass around some cyber Tim Tams all the way from Australia, let’s snuggle into our comfy chairs and chat books.

After traditionally publishing 35 novels, I’ve recently launched my first indie novel, a contemporary romance, CRAZY LOVE.

All's fair in love...and matchmaking!

Sierra Kent doesn’t do love. 
While she embraces the quaintness of her home town Love and delights in matchmaking her clients through her Internet dating agency Love Byte, she doesn’t trust her intuition when it comes to the one emotion that has repeatedly let her down. 

City-slick Marc Fairley, CEO of LA's premier acquisition company, doesn’t have time for Love. 
From the minute he enters the kitschy town he can’t wait to hotfoot back to LA with his deranged mother in tow. 
Instead, he gets roped into the town's Love Fest hoopla, investigates the shady farmer his mom is engaged to, berates his butler for a mad crush on a brash Aussie waitress, and finds himself falling for the brazen red-head who continually baits him.
His life couldn't get any crazier.
Until he discovers in exacting revenge on his father and achieving his lifelong goals, he may lose the one thing he values most...

Can Sierra and Marc create enough sparks to send Love up in flames? 
And prove that winning isn’t everything in the love stakes, it’s how you play the game.

It’s fun being a hybrid author and I look forward to writing many more category romances, contemporary romances and urban fantasy young adult novels.

Let's Chat:
While we’re all imagining what the perfect reader retreat would look like, who would be the perfect fantasy celeb to turn our pages?

(I’ll start: for me, it’s Gerard Butler!)




38 comments:

brandi said...

Hi, Nicola. I have your novella/short story, Tag Team. My ideal celebrity to turn my pages would be Chris Hemsworth or Sam Elliot but they both have to be sporting their longer locks!

What are your favorite books to curl up with? (besides your own)

calstephanie said...

My fantasy celeb would have to be Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler and/or Keith Urban. *sigh* I love men with accents. :D

Hi!

Blogless Pat said...

Hi Nicola,
Your book synopsis sounds interesting. I just might give it a try. As for my celeb calstephanie hit the mark when she said Hugh Jackman, he my choice. Having seen him in person I'm totalling into him; although he happily married.

Robin Bielman said...

Hi Nicola! You are a writing dynamo - could you please touch my arm so some of that mojo wears off on me! I've got Crazy Love on my Kindle and can't wait to read it!

I love Tim Tams! Thanks for bringing them. The perfect fantasy celeb? Hmm... how about Paul Walker or Daniel Craig. :)

Hi Brandi, Stephanie and Pat!

Heidi Rice said...

Hi Nic,

Have Crazy on my Kindle and am gonna treat myself as soon as I finish my current revs... Can't wait.

My fantasy celeb at the moment has to be Henry Cavill (just watching that Dunhill ad gives me the shivers!)

H x

brandi said...

If you love nicola, her short story Tag team is currently free on Amazon. That is where I have started to love her work.

robertsonreads said...

Hi Nicola,
Crazy Love sounds like a wonderful read, from what your blurb noted. I look forward to reading this books and the others. I've read many of your HP books and enjoyed them.
So my favorite fantasy celeb would be Jim Caviezel and/or Mark Valley. Need a back up person/plan.

Thank you for spending time with us at ORR, it is very much appreciated.
Ginger

Lorna said...

You book sounds great!

I already have the man of my dreams, but if I was to pick a celeb, I would choose a middle aged Cary Grant :-)

How did you decide to make the leap from being a PT to a writer?

Jane said...

My fantasy celeb page turner would be Daniel Craig or Eric Bana.

Shelly said...

Since so many of you ladies are claiming dibs on Hugh Jackman, I will shift gears and say Jed Hill....

Mybradybunch6 said...

The dream celeb I would pick would be Dermot Mulroney. He was great in the Wedding Date.

calstephanie said...

Hi Robin!

calstephanie said...

I love Wedding Date! One of my favorite movies. :)

Elf2060 said...

I think Will Smith or Denzel Washington (properly shaven!) would be lovely.

joder said...

Gerard Butler's a great choice! I also like Aleksandr Saarsgard as well as the guy starring in the new show Arrow. The promos showing his amazing abs have won me over to his side.

gogi1_2 AT yahoo DOT com

Linda Henderson said...

Probably Gerard Butler or Daniel Craig. I think they are both HOT.

Nicola Marsh said...

Hi Brandi!

Nice choices, particularly Chris :-)

My favourite books to curl up with are...anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Barbara O'Neal.

I adore both!

Nicola Marsh said...

Hugh Jackman...oh yeah!
Another great choice :)

And I'm partial to men with accents too...love Irish accents!

Nicola Marsh said...

Thanks Pat, hope you enjoy Crazy Love.
It's rather madcap!

Another vote for Hugh!

Nicola Marsh said...

Hey Robin, thanks for stopping by and grabbing a Tim Tam!

Daniel Craig is super alpha! Nice choice :)

Nicola Marsh said...

Hey Heidi!

Slinging you a cyber Tim Tam too :)

Henry Cavill...yes please!

Nicola Marsh said...

Thanks Brandi,
yes, Tag Team is still free :)

Nicola Marsh said...

Thanks Ginger,

If you enjoy my Harlequin Presents I think you'll smile with Crazy Love :)

Another fantastic choice...Jim Caviezel.
And you're right, always good to have a back up!

Nicola Marsh said...

Hi Lorna,

Cary Grant...lovely choice.

With making the leap from physiotherapy to writing...I loved English and English Lit in high school, wanted to be a journalist and 'write' but ended up doing work experience in a hospital and changing my mind.

Never gave up on the dream though, always said 'I'm going to write a book one day'.
Then after 13 years as a physio, decided that day had come.
I was lucky to be published 18 months after I started writing and haven't looked back.

It's my dream job :)

Nicola Marsh said...

Jane,

Eric Bana is an interesting choice.

I remember him as this goofy character on an Aussie comedy show and can't see him as the alpha guy he has become in movies.
How funny is that?

Nicola Marsh said...

Oooh Shelly, I must go google Jed Hill!

Nicola Marsh said...

Dermot, oh yes!

Nicola Marsh said...

Denzel Washington is superb!

Nicola Marsh said...

Aleksandr Saarsgard...I know this name...what's he in?

Nicola Marsh said...

Hi Linda,

I'll chalk your vote up to Gerard too, shall I? ;)

Annie Seaton said...

Hi Nicoal
A few years ago I visited a Polynesian Day Spa in New Zealand...it was exactly as you described, the only thing lacking was Johnny Depp to turn my pages while David Bowie sang to me!

Nicola Marsh said...

Now Annie, my only question is...

WHY WASN'T I INVITED???

Nicola Marsh said...

And considering I didn't score an invite where Johnny as turning pages, Annie, no Tim Tams for you! ;-)

Nicola Marsh said...

I'm getting overexcited at the thought of Johnny turning pages...that should've read 'where Johnny WAS turning pages' in my previous comment.

Doh!

Jan Douglas said...

Johnny Depp most definitely.

Laurie G said...

Loved Gerard Butler in The Phantom of the Opera!

Orlando Bloom

Shadow said...

Hi! Congrats on your newest release. I got it waiting on my kindle. :) Cant wait to read it. Sounds so good! My two celebrity men are Jensen Ackles and Ian Somerhalder. What can i say? I have a horrible thing for the bad boys who try for redemption. lol Thanks!

flchen1 said...

Ooh... VERY nice choices, everyone! While I do quite adore Hugh and Gerard and all, I wouldn't at all mind some cover models joining in to help as well... maybe Jason Vendryes? Jimmy Thomas? :)