Monday, October 08, 2012

Retreat Guest Blogger Helen Scott Taylor

Website
Facebook ~ Twitter
Helen Scott Taylor’s first novel, The Magic Knot, won the American Title contest in 2008, was a Golden Heart® finalist, and was chosen as one of Booklist’s top ten romances of 2009. Since then, she has published other novels, novellas, and short stories in both the UK and USA.Her published works have been finalists in a number of contests including the Holt Medallion, the Lories, the Prism Contest, the Write Touch Award and the Maggies.

Helen lives in South West England near Plymouth in Devon between the windswept expanse of Dartmoor and the rocky Atlantic coast. As well as her wonderful long-suffering husband, she shares her home with two Shih Tzus and an aristocratic chocolate-shaded-silver-burmilla cat who rules the household with a velvet paw. She believes that deep within everyone there’s a little magic.


Take a Romantic Trip to Europe

Love travelling? Then do it vicariously with Jack and Melanie in Finally Home, my new release from Carina Press.

Take a trip to South West England, visit the wilds of Dartmoor, and a beautiful Edwardian manor house hotel in the heart of Devon. Then attend a wedding on the picturesque Amalfi coast in Italy.

Finally Home Blurb

Excerpt ~ Amazon ~ B&N
As manager of the charming Greyfriar House Hotel, Melanie Marshall loves her job and spending time with her young son. But she can never forget what she ran away from: her late husband's crimes and her own terrible guilt. Though lonely, Melanie can't afford to let another man into her life.

But when her boss, gorgeous hotel owner Jack Summers, returns from his supposed wedding without a ring or a wife, Melanie discovers there's more to him than she ever thought. For one, the ex-soccer star is her son's idol. But the closer she gets to Jack, the more she pulls away. She can't share her past. Ever.

For too long, Jack's protected his scarred heart by letting gold-digging women make him think love didn't matter. But a sweet single mother and a soccer-crazy little boy change everything. He knows Melanie has secrets. Secrets she'll have to share if he's to help her realize she's finally home.


Let's Chat:
Leave me a comment as I'll be stopping by to chat with readers.

30 comments:

calstephanie said...

Finally Home sounds great. I'm definately going to have to read it! :)

Shelly said...

This sounds like a great story -- I'm adding it to my wish list!!

Mybradybunch6 said...

I have small children so my traveling is done through my reading list. This story sound to good to pass up. I will have to read it.

Donna said...

Sounds great. Do you have a problem editing for local vernacular. The difference in British English v American English etc.?

Raonaid Luckwell said...

Absolutely love her Knot series! I had to loan my paperback of the second book (waiting to get it back). I have to get the third and pouting that it is not in paperback to go with my collection

sheryl said...

Sounds like a great book! Have to add to my TBR list.

Beth said...

Finally Home sounds like an awesome read - BethR

Chelsea said...

This sounds like a great book that I am adding to my TBR list! I love to escape into books & travel to new places in them.

Debby said...

Congrats on winning your award. I wish I could write a story.

brandi said...

Finally Home, sounds like a good book to add to my ever growing tbr list!

Mybradybunch6 said...

Where does your inspireation as a writer come from?

Lacey Burd said...

Sounds like a great book! Already added it to my BTB list (books to buy)

Lacey Burd said...

Sounds like a great book! Already added it to my BTB list (books to buy)

Joanne said...

Congrats on the release. Finally Home sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it.

Serena Zane said...

I envy the fact that you live in the UK, however I do love my beautiful Northwest. Finally Home sounds like a fun read.

Alyn said...

Awww, how romantic! I love the idea of traveling. I hate all the walking and waiting that comes along with it.

Tammie - Night Owl Reviews said...

I really enjoyed Helen's A Clockwork Fairytale.

Carol L. said...

I have been wanting to read Helen's books. I will certainly put this on my TRL. I love the idea of this story. Thanks for the post Helen.
Carol L.

Annie Seaton said...

Hi Shelly
Yes... every publisher has a cover art form where you put your ideas and 'wish'list down. Each of my covers have been exactly what I imagined... and better! I have been very lucky to get fabulous covers for all three books as you can see from the pictures next to my blog post.

debraaparmley said...

Love traveling? Why yes, I do! Though I haven't been to England yet. Closest I've been was Scotland. The next time I go over I'm staying longer and including England.

Finally Home sounds like a good story and I've been wanting to try out one of the books from Carina Press. Sounds like this would be a good place to start. :-)

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Hi everyone,I made the mistake of trying to set up my new computer today--the result is I've been without internet connection for most of it. Sorry to be so late to the party.

Thank you to Lucy for organizing such a great event, and thank you all for stopping by and for all the kind comments about Finally Home.

Donna, I have no trouble with the British English as I'm British, but it is always a balancing act with my editors to make a the writing American enough that readers understand it easily but still maintain the British flavor.

Raonaid, hi there, great to see you here. The Ruby Kiss should (fingers crossed) finally be released as a paperback soon. My original publisher went belly up, but Montlake Romance are now publishing the series and they intend to release them all as paperbacks.

Mybradybunch, inspiration is a weird thing. It comes from all sorts of things. A single word can inspire me or a song or a photograph.

Alyn, I totally agree with you on travelling. Love it in theory, but the waiting around in airports and sitting in a plane for hours is not my favorite way to spend time.

Tammie, thank you for your kind words about A Clockwork Fairytale. I hope to write a second in the series next year.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week's events. It sounds like there's lots of fun in store.

Helen (Back to installing software on my new computer!)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Ooh, you had me at "soccer star"! :)

Raonaid Luckwell said...

Helen - That is totally awesome to hear! I really want that book to complete the other two I have.

Linda Henderson said...

Sounds like a great story and I'd love to read it.

Jan Douglas said...

Hi Helen--
I love to travel but I teach so my travel time is limited to school breaks. Unfortunately it is also limited by teacher salary. So I travel every night and normally finish a trip or 2 a week.

Jen B. said...

I haven't heard of this book before. I am always looking for something new to read. Thanks for sharing!

Z said...

omg Hellen,
this story sounds so good, a true heart warmer sure to end up on the keeper shelf. It's a wonderful man that can take on a woman with kids and baggage. They hold a special place in my heart. My husband is my second and he was just 21 when we got married. I was recently divorced with 3 young girls and some baggage.
Z

June M. said...

This sounds like a really sweet romance story. Although I am not a fan of sports IRL, I do enjoy characters who play sports in romances.

flchen1 said...

I do really enjoy sports stories, Helen--I'm going to have to check out your latest! Thank you for the visit!

joder said...

I LOVE athletes in stories! There's something extra sexy seeing the softer side of their personalities. This new book sounds AWESOME!

gogi1_2 AT yahoo DOT com