Friday, August 03, 2012

Guest Blogger - Susanna Carr

Welcome Susanna Carr!  I'm so excited to share about your new book.  I will be placing on my TBR stack of great reads.


What is your favorite thing to do when you are not writing?
I like going on weekend trips with my family, crossing items off my bucket list and watching all the TV shows I’ve missed. I’m currently catching up on Warehouse 13. I wasn't too sure about the series because I'm really not into paranormal, but I love the characters in this show!
What books are sitting on your TBR pile? What books are you currently reading? 
I’ve been reading a lot of RITA nominated books. It’s a great way to find new (to you) authors. I'm currently reading Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe. It won the RITA and it's up for the Romance Writers of Australia's RUBY.
Please share something you found most interesting or fun that you did to research for a book. 
It was fun creating a fictional desert kingdom. I had to think about the history, culture and even the geography! I drew upon a lot of pictures and places I’ve traveled.
How did you come up with the name and plot for The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar? 
This story was inspired by an Indian fairy tale I read many years ago about a woman who is sold into marriage with a monster prince. I wanted to write a marriage of convenience romance and I thought about this fairy tale.
Action adventure or romantic comedy? What is your favorite movie lately?
I’m greedy—I want both in my movie! Give me a story has an adventurous element that ups the ante so the couple faces challenges together. I would love to see more movies like True Lies or Romancing the Stone.


Check out Susanna's newest North American Release available now as an ebook!

Available in print
August 7th
From one desert prison to another…
Jeweled veil weighing heavily on her head, Zoe Martin waits for her sheikh husband-to-be. The shame of her adoptive family, orphan Zoe has endured six years of being kept a slave--now she's being sold into marriage… to a man known as The Beast!
The stakes couldn't be higher… or more sinfully pleasurable!
Being discarded to the sheikh has one bonus--this could mean freedom! Zoe must play along with the three-day--and three-night--ceremony, but she isn't expecting the blazing attraction from just one stolen glance at playboy sheikh Nadir….

Read an excerpt. 

6 comments:

*yadkny* said...

Hi Susanna!
Congrats on your newest release! I'll be putting this one on my TBR stack too:)

Susanna Carr said...

Thank you! I hope you will enjoy it.

Amy McKinney said...

Sounds like a great read. Will have to pick up a copy

Amy McKinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eli Yanti said...

congrts on the new release, Susanna :)

penney said...

This sounds good, congratulations on your new book, I'm looking forward to reading it.
Penney