Friday, May 04, 2012

Guest Blogger - Serena Zane

Serena Zane lives with her husband and son in the Northwest. She works hard, and plays hard, spending her free time studying the Middle Ages in a re-creationist organization called the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc (SCA).; as well as writing her novels.

Serena started writing at an early age with short stories, and poetry inspired by her mother, a strong independent woman who loves to help others, and writes as well. In 2009, Serena became a member of Romance Writer’s of America, and has been working on her craft with the wonderful members of the Olympia Chapter. Serena has written two Sweet Romance stories based around her experiences in the SCA, Moonlight in a Pickup Truck and Follow the Heart. 

But, Serena fell in love with the idea of writing a contemporary action/adventure romance while she attended college to study Criminal Justice. After months of working on homework assignments late at night that made her want to turn on every light in the house, she decided it would be a great idea to take some of the ideas running through her head and commit them to paper. Combining both her knowledge of Criminal Justice and her love for all things paranormal, Serena has created several Paranormal Romance stories that have recently been published in Ebook form through Books To Go Now; and are currently available online including her best-selling Dark Warrior series and the Hunter Diaries series. She is looking forward to writing many more exciting adventures.

Serena releasing her first full length novel, Dark Diamonds, book 1 in the Jewel series this weekend through SZ Publications and will be available on Amanzon.com and Barnes & Noble.com. To check out what Serena is up to via Twitter friend her @serenazane or check out her website: www.serenazane.com 

18 comments:

Carol L. said...

Serena is a new Author for me. Iam going to check out her Dark Warrior series. Sounds like my kind of reading. :)
Carol L.
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

marybelle said...

I love finding new authors & their works. Thank you for the introduction.

booklover0226 said...

Thank you for introducing Serena Zane to us. I'm heading to her site to learn more about her.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Judy said...

Best wishes, Serena! After reading the first chapter, I've added your book to my TBR pile. :-)

Serena Zane said...

Thanks for the interest. I look forward to hearing from you over on my site.

Serena Zane said...

Dark Warrior is one of my favorite series to write. Books 2 & 3 are already in with the publisher and are scheduled to be released soon.

Serena Zane said...

I hope you enjoy them. I love writing, and cover three sub-genres. Sweet Romance, paranormal romance, and action-adventure romance. I'm always interested in what readers have to say, so please pop over and leave a comment after you've read them.

Jami Davenport said...

Hi, Serena, I just stopped in to say hi!

Estella said...

Serena is a new to me author. Will be checking out her work.

chris karlsen said...

I read Serena's "Snow Beast," recently and enjoyed it very much. I look forward to reading all her stories.
Chris

Laurie Ryan said...

Hi, Serena. I'm popping in to say a quick hi. Speaking of popping, I love the new book cover! Best of luck on it. After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? Wishing you many sales.

Serena Zane said...

@Jami@laurie Thanks so much for popping over. It's good to see you like the new book cover. It's going to be up for sale on Amazon tomorrow. It's my first full length novel, so please drop by my website and let me know what you think if you pick it up.

Serena Zane said...

@chris I'm so glad you enjoyed Snow Beast. It's the first in the Dark Warrior series. I just love Damon and Nikki (the main characters) and Boston continues to be one of my favorite cities. A Cross to Bare (book 2 in the Dark Warrior series) will be released soon.

Serena Zane said...

@Estella I hope you enjoy my short stories. Dark Diamonds is my first full length novel, so if you pick that up, please pop by my website and let me know what you think. I love hearing from readers.

Gail Harkins said...

I love it that you turned things that go bump in the night into short stories!

Lorna said...

Interesting way to start a writing career! Question for Serena, do you prefer to read novels in book or electronic form?

Serena Zane said...

@Gail I love writing short stories. They are a fun, fast read, and as a reader they give me time to get a lot of other things done while I get the enjoyment of a total story. Vampires and all things that go bump in the night have always been favorites of mine. My bookshelves are full of paranormal romance. @Lorna I read both. I have a Nook, and one of my current favorite pasttimes is downloading books and reading them. But, I treasure my paperbacks, and will probably continue to buy my favorite authors in that form. Sometimes I even splurge for hardback! So, to answer your question, I read both, but prefer paperbacks. It's kind of like the difference between Godiva Chocolate and Nestle. One's cheaper, but the other is SO worth the cost.

Janette Harjo said...

Hi Serena! Great interview!

Janette