Friday, February 17, 2012

Guest Interview - Bella Andre

Wow Bella!  This sounds like a great book and one that I need to get in my TBR pile!  Thank you for stopping by today.  Loved your interview.


Get ready for another Sullivan bad boy to fall in love in the third book of Bella Andre's bestselling contemporary romance series! 

BOOK DESCRIPTION: Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco. But after learning a brutal lesson about professional boundaries, he knows better than to risk his heart to his fire victims ever again. Especially the brave mother and daughter he saved from a deadly apartment fire...and can't stop thinking about.

Megan Harris knows she owes the heroic firefighter everything for running into a burning building to save her and her seven-year-old daughter. Everything except her heart. Because after losing her navy pilot husband five years ago, she has vowed to never suffer through loving - and losing - a man with a dangerous job again.

Only, when Gabe and Megan meet again and uncontrollable flames of desire ignite between them, how can he possibly ignore her courage, determination, and beauty? And how can she deny not only his strong bond with her daughter...but the way his sweetly sensual kisses are challenging her to risk everything she's been guarding for so long?

This winter, if one - or both - of them aren't careful, they just might end up falling in love.

Book 1: THE LOOK OF LOVE
Book 2: FROM THIS MOMENT ON

Interview with Bella Andre
1.  What is your favorite thing to do when you are not writing?
 Reading! I've always been a romance reader at heart. I also love to hike, swim, and am trying to take up cooking. Since I live in the San Francisco Bay Area it's so easy to find fresh, delicious food a short drive away. I'm making an effort (let's not call it a resolution!) to spend more time in the kitchen this year. If anyone has easy recipes to share, please do! I keep waiting for the one that will convert me into Rachel Ray.
 
2.  Action adventure or romantic comedy?  What is your favorite movie lately?
 Besides the latest Disney movie I watched with my kids, you mean?  A recent romantic comedy that really stood out to me was Crazy Stupid Love. It took the formula of multiple, intersecting romantic storylines (like the recent New Year's Eve and its predecessor Valentine's Day) and made the format fresh, original and unexpected.
 
And, oh, Ryan Gosling's abs were so beautiful! Yum. He really did look photo-shopped. I was also amazed at how he took what should have been a fundamentally unlikable character - a womanizer - and made him interesting, charming and eventually sympathetic.
 
3.  How did you come up with names or character occupations for your books, like your recent release Can't Help Falling In Love?
 I look everywhere for character names. On the top 100 name lists, in the newspaper, even on flyers in coffee shops! I keep searching until I know I've got the "right" name for the character.
 
As for character occupations, in the third book of my Sullivans Series, Can't Help Falling in Love, my hero, Gabe, is a firefighter because I love writing alpha heroes. Alpha heroes need alpha jobs! That doesn't always mean running into a burning building like Gabe. His brothers from books 1 and 2 are, respectively, a photographer (The Look of Love) and a winery owner (From This Moment On). Not exactly high octane employment, but both are men in positions where they call the shots, which is always incredibly sexy.

For a complete listing of books, as well as excerpts and contests, and to connect with Bella:
Visit Bella's website at www.BellaAndre.com
Follow Bella on twitter at www.twitter.com/bellaandre
Join Bella on facebook at www.facebook.com/bellaandrefans

8 comments:

marybelle said...

CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE does look like a great book. ON my wish list.

TashNz said...

Hi Lucy, I just wanted to quickly say that your fitness challenge looks like a great idea and motivator. I've been following your My Fitness Pal updates and tried it out one week ago today. WHAT AN EYE OPENER! Far out! Looking forward to hearing more about your successes :)

Moran V said...

I love Bella Andre's books.

I read almost every book she wrote and my fav are The Sullivans series- I can't wait for the 4th book to come out soon.

catslady said...

I just love bad boy stories. I've not read any by this author but her books sound wonderful.

Estella said...

Sounds like a very good book.

Judy F said...

Sounds like a winner. Looking forward to reading it.

Jane said...

I've always been a fan of Bella's erotic romances.

Carol L. said...

Wow, where have I been. I love reading about Irish siblings ad the whole family dynamics with all those Alpha males. This series is on my TRL now. Thanks for the post as well.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com