Monday, January 16, 2012

How Reading Can Help Relax Your Mind

Do you sometimes find that your mind never shuts off? I often do.  Just when I think I'm ready to go to sleep, I lay down and find that my mind is still going 100 miles an hour.  I read this article that discusses how reading can help relax the mind and relieve the stress of the day.  I found it interesting and thought I would share with all of you.


Click here to read the article. 

Besides reading, what else do you do to help you relieve the stress of the day? 

9 comments:

Laney4 said...

Smash the heck out of a badminton birdie five nights a week. Works wonders.

catslady said...

I've been using that method most of my life. I read and hour or two (and sometimes more) in bed so when I start reading the same sentence twice I can just turn off the light. If I quit too soon, I start making those lists and going over and over things.

Virginia said...

I always read before I go to bed at night and if I don't I have problems falling asleep.

Judy said...

Reading helps me relax at the airport (claustrophobia inside the plane), and keeps me from fretting about a slow line anywhere. Music helps me relax as well, as does baking. There is something about creating something yummy. It doesn't require a lot of brain power to follow directions, so it's one of my favorite ways to work through writer's block.

Estella said...

I have always read before I retired for the night. Of course, I read most of the day, also.

Lorna said...

I always read before going to sleep. I also like to read in the bathtub (probably too much information shared there :-)

chey said...

Reading helps me relax before I go to sleep.

marybelle said...

Thank you for the article. I have always found reading to be relaxing.

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

I love it, and it's so true. Reading is one of the best relaxation techniques I've found.