Friday, December 16, 2011

Guest Blog - Margaret Rowe

Welcome Maggie. I'm excited to have you join us today to share about your new book and give us an interview. Agony like a yummy book and I can't wait to read it.

1. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not writing?

Hanging out with my family on the lake! We live on a pond in Maine and summers are pretty spectacular. I do some gardening and sit in the sun to read.

2. What books are sitting in your TBR pile right now? What book are you currently reading?

I won’t tell you how many hundreds of books I have downloaded to my Kindle and my Nook, mostly historicals and mysteries. My book-buying is really out of control. Right now I’m reading P.D. James’s Death Comes to Pemberley. I’ve been glomming Josh Lanyon and am
looking forward to Cecilia Grant’s A Lady Awakened.

3. Please, share something you found most interesting or fun that you did to research for a book.

Women used to shave off their eyebrows and glue on mouseskin. Really.

4. How did you come up with the plot for Wicked Wedding Night?

My story in Agony/Ecstasy is “Wicked Wedding Night.” I am a sucker for alliteration, and Lucien and Maida’s wedding night starts wickedly to say the least. It’s a Regency featuring a truly tortured hero and his scheming bride, who both get much more than they bargained for.

5. Action adventure or romantic comedy? What is your favorite movie lately?

Romantic comedy, of course! I saw Tower Heist recently. I guess that’s more action adventure, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Anything that makes me laugh is good!


Thanks Lucy for the interview. I wanted to give your readers a little more information about the Agony:

All new stories of punishing extremes and unbearable pleasure…
With historical, contemporary, and futuristic backdrops, this outrageously diverse collection of original stories explores every conceivable variation of BDSM erotica—from knitting circles to the Titanic to a retelling of The Little Mermaid.
Featuring all-new stories by Meljean Brook, Jean Johnson, Bettie Sharpe, Jill Myles, Margaret Rowe, Sara Thorne, and more, this book has everything a reader could hope for in an erotic romance.

9 comments:

marybelle said...

I kind of got stuck on mouse skin there. So gross!! Your home sounds lovely though.

Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe said...

Oh, Marybelle, how we suffer for beauty! And die for it, when women would put lead paint on their faces.

We're so lucky to be living in our dream house. It's big enough for everyone to come visit. Sometimes I have a hard time stopping myself from looking out the window at the lake instead of the computer screen!

catslady said...

I'm with you - my book buying is out of control. There's always another one that sounds so good - yours included!!

Virginia said...

Great interview Maggie! I would love to live by a lake or pond, I grew up near a river and I love the water. As far as your book buying we are all in the same boat, I just wish I could read faster.

Carol L. said...

Hi Maggie,
Mouse skin ? I have such a phobia about rodents that this has me shuddering and in an almost panic . My book buying has been so over the top but I love reading . Thanks for the giveaway.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Lorna said...

Ewwwww! Mouse skins! Yuck!

Lorna said...

Ewwwww! Mouse skins! Yuck!

Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe said...

Sorry about the mouseskin, Carol and Lorna, LOL.

catslady and Virginia, I find the instant gratification aspect of my ereaders insidious. I order books as soon as someone mentions them and often find I don't read them for months, or "will get back to them." When I have a physical book in my hand I read to the bitter end even if I don't like it, LOL.

Lucy, thanks so much for having me here! Happy weekend!

Guest list said...

In today's life clubbing industry has been here for several decades, but the logistics and guest list management is still in many cases very “old school” and paper based. Zeguestlist a great tool that optimizes guest list management With an easy one touch check.
nightclub guest list