Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, Monday...so good to me...

Oh, the Mamas & Papas...remember them?  Smooth hippy music of the best variety. :)  I've always loved their song Monday, Monday...though it's not exactly a happy ending song, is it?





Still, I love Mondays.  Always have.   When I was a child, I looked forward to going to school.  I also loved the weekends and yes, I still do that too, though perhaps even more so because I work as many Saturdays as I take off.  I do love my writing.

But the simple truth is: I don't hate Mondays like so many.  I love "getting back to the grind" even when the grind wasn't writing.  I'm a creature of routine.  You have to get to know me well to realize this as I love my havey-cavey ideas so much, I seem like a very spontaneous person.  I'm not really, and knowing what comes next is always comforting for me.  The older I get, the more this is true.

Mondays are my day to get back into the groove of writing and working the business of my craft.  For me, they are hopeful days - filled with opportunities and options that are narrowed down considerably by Friday. :)  Mondays are almost always busy, often spiced up with the unexpected and the beginning of achieving my goals for the week.  It's a heady combination for a woman like me. :)

My goal for this week is to finish "Back in the Sheikh's Bed" by Friday so I can spend the weekend preparing for our trip to Europe.  I'm not entirely sure I can get the book done, but I'm hopeful and the characters are being cooperative at present, which is always nice.  I've been working with Asad and Iris even longer than Kaden and Rachel in Heat Seeker because I put aside BITSB to work on HS during my black fog months.  Now, I'm out of the fog and working desperately hard to finish both books.

And every Monday is a chance to draw closer to that goal! :)

It's your turn:  do you love Mondays or hate them?  What are your goals for the week?

Hugs and happy reading,
Lucy :)

~ ~ ~
http://www.lucymonroe.com/
http://www.facebook.com/LucyMonroe.Romance

20 comments:

Judy F said...

Hey Lucy girl.

I am not a fan of Monday's. I really could use a longer weekend to get things done.

My goals for this week at work are to get to some problem accounts.

At home to do some reviews.

Jane said...

I don't like Mondays. The beginning of the week signals a full schedule of things to be done.

Judy said...

Like you, Lucy, I like Mondays because they reset my routine. I need my routine to accomplish anything. On my blog, I made Monday's my Carpe diem day, because it sets the tone for the rest of the week. I try to write more than 1,000 words a day, except Sunday, my day of rest. :-)

I am so excited for you going to Europe! I hope it's a wonderful trip!

Lorna said...

I like Mondays when they are holidays :-)

glittergirl said...

Lucy this is glittergirl 9/17 winner. I can't email you so I'm posting here. My contact is glittergirl54 at ymail dot com, no spaces. I'm tech challenged and can't figure out how to get your address, your link won't work on my computer...
Mondays mean it's time to get to work, no more reading at leisure :-)

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL JudyF...that's the common complaint, isn't it? My problem is that I simply need longer weeks period. I always plan to do more than can easily get accomplished. I stand at life's buffet with eyes bigger than my stomach every day. ;-)

Jane...understandable. :)

Judy...I like that, Monday's are carpe diem days! Well done on the writing, setting consistent goals is one of the best ways to finish book after book after book. :)

Lorna...LOLOL You really made me chuckle. :)

Glittergirl...I forwarded your comment to my Promotions Coordinator and you should hear from her shortly. :)

marybelle said...

I don't mind Mondays so much now I am semi-retired.

This week I am still in the midst of my Spring clean. (Think Australia & go Ah!!)

host said...

I have a mixed feelings about Mondays - I love routine and having my days planned in advance. But at the same time I love weekends and all that free time...

Anne said...

I don't mind Monday, but it comes too fast, my weekends zip by and I don't really feel rested and rain' to go.

Since you had the Mamas and Papas on the blog, I'll mention that one of their kids, China Phillips, is on Dancing with the Stars and did quite well yesterday.

Anne said...

OMG, that's RARIN' to go.

Mariee said...

Monday's is my least favorite day of the week. This week is probably gonna get pretty stressful, but at least there's a bunch of TV shows that starts again so there's something to look forward to at the end of a long day :)

catslady said...

As a child I loved Mondays. I too was eager to get back to school. Homelife wasn't so great. But once I got married and started working full time, I loved my weekends and although work was okay, I much preferred weekends.

Virginia said...

Monday's are just another day of the week for me. Some of them are good some are bad. Right now I am trying to get my son's room cleaned up where he went back to college then I will start on laundry room because I need to paint it.

Lucy Monroe said...

Marybelle...ah, Spring cleaning. It happens whenever I get a bee in my bonnet. Speaking of, there's a cupboard in the downstairs bath I've been meaning to get to... ;-)

Host...you know I don't have so much free time on the weekends, but the thing I do love about them is Hubcap doesn't leave for work. :)

Anne...I *love* Dancing With the Stars!!! I totally forgot the show started again. Thanks for the reminder. ::g::

Mariee...here's hoping your stressful week goes better than you expect. ;-)

Catslady...I totally get that. :)

Virginia...and it'll stay clean - at least until he comes home for his first visit. LOL

Sherry said...

Monday's aren't my favorite day and some Mondays are worse than others. I have non-tradtional work shifts and Monday is the one day I work every week.

This week I have tests to grade, quizzes to make and 4 classes to teach. And of course all the usual...laundry and cleaning stuff.


Hoping that we might make the state fair on Wednesday if we can get everything to cooperate.

LSUReader said...

Mondays are okay...not good or bad. Let's see, goals for the week? I need to update some manuals for a church group and print/frame some of our travel photos for home use. Along the way, I'll spend time with the grandkids. (That's the fun part.)

Stacy S said...

I'm not a big fan of Mondays. There is always a ton of stuff do to anymore.

Sonali said...

Hi Lucy,

I really do not like Mondays. After the weekend, it's a struggle getting out of bed and realizing you have to go for work.

Maria said...

Definitely not a fan of Monday's - especially lately at work...lol...I need a longer weekend or to become independently wealthy so I can quit and do what I really love. Didn't even get a chance yesterday to read the blogs I follow ....hence my posting today

Lucy Monroe said...

Oh, Sherry...I haven't been to the State Fair in years. Have fun!

LSUreader...sounds busy and delightful. I love spending time with the grandbabies. :)

Stacy S...it does feel like we fill our Mondays up, or other people do for us. I've had a policy for years of not booking things on Monday, so I can get a good start to my week. Other people don't always want to cooperate. ;-)

Sonali...hopefully the rest of the week gets better. :)

Maria...oh, to be independently wealthy...I'd still write, but I'd do it in a big house in the country with separate wings for all of my kids and grandkids. LOL