Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guest Blog - Bronwen Evans

Hi Lucy!

I’m waving from New Zealand. Thanks so much for having me over to blog today. Lucy has kindly allowed me, a fellow Kensington Brava author, to introduce you to my debut novel, a Regency historical called INVITATION TO RUIN, released 1 March 2011. On its release, Invitation to Ruin, received a 4.5 Star review from RT Book Reviews.

INVITATION TO RUIN is Book 1 in a four book series. As a reader I love series romances, so it’s only natural that I wanted to write a series. Thankfully I love plotting. Part of the fun of writing a series is plotting out the overarching story and then each individual book before I start writing them. I want to see all the characters, as they continue on through the books. Therefore, you have to understand how they are going to interact and enrich the stories.

The challenge in writing a series is to have enough interesting and engaging secondary characters that make the reader want to read their story too. Lucy understands this very well – I love her HMB Presents Sheik’s (Royal Brides) series. The secondary characters in each book were very compelling. They needed a book of their own.


In INVITATION TO RUIN we meet Anthony James Craven, the Earl of Wickham, and his twin brother Richard Craven. The twin’s father was England’s largest slave trader and was not a very nice man (that’s putting it mildly, but I don’t want to spoil the story). Richard sets his brother up to compromise Miss Melissa Goodly, knowing she’s secretly infatuated with Anthony. Richard hopes that the love of a good woman will help Anthony recover from their father’s cruel upbringing. Richard has no idea what will result from his meddling…

Needless to say, Richard deserves a story of his own. The readers who have kindly emailed me are all waiting to see Richard get his comeuppance. Richard’s story, INVITATION TO PASSION, will be book three in the INVITATION TO series.

So who is in book two? INVITATION TO SCANDAL due for release 1 May 2012, tells the story of Rufus Knight, Viscount Strathmore, a man’s whose father died a traitor. Rufus is Anthony Craven’s best friend and a Spymaster for the Crown. You met Rufus in Invitation to Ruin.While hunting for a French spy, Rufus hopes to clear his deceased father of treason, and restore the Strathmore name. The spy is using a Kent smuggling ring and Rufus knows if he captures the head of the smuggling ring, Dark Shadow, he’ll have his spy. Unfortunately his hunt doesn’t go to plan when he meets Miss Rheda Kerrick. Rheda knows who Dark Shadow is and Rufus will employ any means necessary to make her reveal Dark Shadow’s identity.

You can read more about my INVITATION TO series on my website.

If you’ve read Invitation to Ruin feel free to drop me an email.

To win a copy of INVITATION TO RUIN simply leave a comment and tell me what your favorite romance series is and why. I’ll pick a winner from Lucy’s blog on Saturday, so don’t forget to include your email address in your comments. The contest is open internationally.

Thanks for having me visit today.

Bronwen
~ ~ ~ 


Invitation to Ruin
by Bronwen Evans


One Good Lady is About to Go Bad...

The only thing Miss Melissa Goodly has ever wanted out of a marriage is love. But any hope of that dissolves one wild night, when she loses herself in the arms of the most irresistible-and unobtainable-man in all of England. For when they are discovered in a position as compromising as it is pleasurable, she has no choice but to accept his proposal.

Avowed bachelor Anthony Craven, Earl of Wickham, never meant to seduce an innocent like Melissa. Yet now that the damage is done, it does seem like she'd make a very convenient wife. After all, she is so naive he won't have to worry about ever being tempted. Or so he thinks, until the vows are spoken and they are left alone-and his new bride reveals a streak just as brazen and unrestrained as his own... Read an excerpt

Invitation to Ruin is available in book or e-book format from all major bookstores, and online through Amazon, B&N, Book Depository and other online book stores.

18 comments:

marybelle said...

I always enjoy reading the new Stephanie Laurens CYNSTER novel. I love the connectivity - it's a word.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Bron said...

The Cynster series, especially Devil Takes a Bride, is one of my all time faves.

Just a wee note - as I'm in NZ the time zone is a bit wonky. It's now 11.30pm here so I'm off to bed. I probably won't be able to answer your comments until about 2pm USA time.

See you in a few hours.
Bron

Judy said...

I also love Lucy Monroe's Royal Brides. And bless her, she even gave Hawk his own story, because we all wanted to know about him. :-)

Reading the excerpt, this book is going on my Must-Read list.

Virginia said...

I have always been fond of Kaki Warners Blood Rose series. It had a little of everything in it romance, suspense, adventure, actions so it kept you glued to the books.

Maria said...

I really loved the Devil Riders series by Annie Grace and the Rogues Dynasty series by Amelia Grey. They were both excellent regency series.

junegirl63 at gmail dot com

catslady said...

I am going to say Julie Garwood's Regency series - The Lion's Lady, Guardian Angel, The Gift and Castles! One of my favorites.

catslady said...

oops forgot my email addy: catslady5(at)aol.com - sorry.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

I'm another CYNSTER fan & have just finished Viscount Brekenridge to the Rescue.. a another great read!! I'm going to find your series and get started with them...
girlygirlhoosier (@) yahoo (dot) com

Bron said...

Good morning, ladies.

Wow, some awesome series mentioned, one I haven't read.

One of my new favorite series is Jennifer Ashley's Mackenzie series. Worth mentioning.

Nas Dean said...

I've been reading a lot of HM&B Historicals lately. Unfortunately we don't get many different books in our country. I also like Medical Romances and all Romances in general!

nas_dean@ymail.com

Lucy Monroe said...

Welcome, Bron! :) So glad you could make it. :) It's always great to have new authors on my blog - and I love a good historical. And yes, I'm a huge fan of author driven series which is probably why I have a really hard time not connecting books myself. LOL ~ Hugs ~

Leni said...

My list of favorites is long, but the Montana Creeds by Linda Lael Miller is one that I love.

lenikaye@yahoo.com

Bron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bron said...

I have not read some of these fabulous authors you ladies have mentioned. And as I've just bought a Kindle (they finally work in NZ) and it arrived yesterday, I have some new romances to read.

Thank you!
Bron

StephanieJS said...

I love the Fatal series by Marie Force. It's my current favorite. I'm a big fan of series. I know I have a ton of other favorites, but I can't think of them right now.

Bron, the Kindle is fabulous. I don't know what I did before mine. It's so nice!

Stephanie
sjstaton@alumni.unc.edu

Mariee said...

The House of Rohan series by Anne Stuart is one of my favorites. Wickedly dark and sensual, it's the best historical romance books I've read in years.

marieimy (at) gmail (dot) com

Bron said...

Ooooh - Anne Stuart - yes, I love her series.

I'm loving my Kindle. I'm like a child with a new toy. I can see my bank balance is not going to like me! That's a bit dangerous isn't it?

Bron said...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE - the winner of a signed copy of my book, INVITATION TO RUIN, is Maria.

I have emailed you.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by, and thanks to Lucy for inviting me.

Take care, everyone.