Monday, August 01, 2011

We're Back and Live from Lucy's Desk

As many of you know, my own health and that of my mother (who we lost in April) forced me to take a sabbatical from my blog.  It was necessary, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the unique kind of interaction and discussions we had here.

So, we're back!  I say we, because running the blog contest, making sure excerpts go up and coordinating guest bloggers is falling on the very capable shoulders of my new Promo Gal...Carolyn.  Friends since we were too young to attend school, Carolyn is very dear to me.  And I am dear to her and that is how she ended up agreeing to coordinate my promotion.  Because she cares about me and my books, and I'm sure you'll see that in the way she keeps things current.

Andre, (many of you knew him as Promo Guy), has finished school and is ready to move on to pursue his own dreams.  I'm so very happy for him, but honestly no less pleased for myself as Carolyn joining the Lucy Monroe team is such a huge blessing to me. :)

Carolyn & Lucy at DQ's Rehearsal Dinner
To celebrate the return to Blogger Land for me, we are running a book-a-day giveaway for the entire month of August.  Winners will be drawn from the comments all week long (Sunday through Friday) and announced on each Saturday.    We'll actually be giving away two books to each winner, one by me and one by another fabulous romance author.  Like today, I'll post a discussion/chatty blog on Mondays.  Each Tuesday, the list of prizes will be listed.  Wednesdays we'll have our Hump Day Hotties (some chosen by me, some by Carolyn) and Thurs & Fridays are for excerpts, guest bloggers and other fun stuff like that.

So, yeah...it's a party and kind of overdue and I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly.   So, here's hoping you all will too!

Hugs and happy reading,
Lucy

http://www.lucymonroe.com/
http://www.facebook.com/LucyMonroe.Romance

15 comments:

Booklover1335 said...

So glad you are back and hopefully feeling better Lucy! So sorry to hear about your Mom though.

Looking forward to August!

Judy said...

I can't imagine how difficult it was for you. You were missed and prayed for.

Whoohoo!! For dear friends, and new chapters.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks gals...it's good to be back here. Really, really good. :)

krisgils33 said...

I am soooo glad you're back!!! I hope all is well now and that you're smiling all the time!

Virginia said...

I am really glad to see you back. I can understand with all the problem you have had. We all need a break with problems from time to time and I hope things are going well now.

Dannyfiredragon said...

Hi Lucy,

I am so to hear about your lost and your health problemy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Big hugs to you

Moran V said...

I was so happy to see on your Facebook page that you back bloging.

I hope you are feeling better healthwise and I'm my condolences on your mom's death.

Jane said...

Welcome back, Lucy and welcome aboard to Carolyn.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, everyone...losing Mom really made me draw inward, but I'm starting to open up again and I am smiling a lot more now. I miss her so much, but I'll see her again and until then? I will see life as a gift just as she taught me to.

CatsMeow said...

Hi Lucy, I just discovered your Children of the Moon books and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. Glad you are well and able to blog again.

Valerie said...

Woohoo! I'm glad you are back, you've been missed a lot. I hope you are doing better. Welcome to Carolyn, and good luck to Andre!

Keeping you in my prayers.

Judy F said...

HI Lucy. Glad to see you are back. I have missed your wit and caring.

Lucy Monroe said...

It's always a huge blessing to hear that new readers are trying my books. Thanks,CatsMeow. I feel like I'm among old friends in a comfortable place here. Thank you everyone who has welcomed me back and taken the time to stop by! :)

ClaudiaGC said...

Welcome back, Lucy! :) Sorry to hear about your Mom! But so glad you're back in the saddle. ;)

catslady said...

My condolences but I'm so glad you are back. I found out thanks to Mia Marlowe!