Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Happy News for my Back :)

I went to see the neurosurgeon yesterday morning regarding the MRI done on my back. As some may remember, I have a herniated disc that's been plaguing me with pretty awful pain going on three years now, but the last year has been the hardest with not a single pain free day. (Okay, maybe there was one - but I can't remember it. [g])

He recommended surgery and while it is not 100% guaranteed to be a longterm solution, it is the *best* solution for the "major" rupture they discovered in the MRI. I want to be pain free. I want to be able to walk without a walker, go to the grocery store, laugh at a really good movie (or one of Miss Sparklepants antics), walk to my mom's house, drive in a car and a host of other basic quality of life things without sending my back and leg into spasms of agony.

So, I'm having the surgery and because I'm blessed beyond measure, they were able to schedule it for today. Shocked the clever right out of me for several hours yesterday when the nurse called. LOL But it's a good thing. I have a few posts set to go up on the blog in advance (like I usually do - yes, I *am* a teensy bit over organized at times), but I will be mostly offline for the next few days as I get back to a place where I can once again sit at the computer.

On the other side of all this is a relief from pain and that is more exciting and wonderful than I can possibly express to you all! :)

Hugs and happy reading!

Talk to you all soon! :)

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, Lucy ~~ Best of luck!! I hope the surgery is very successful, and that you can get to being at the very least pain free. Sending you good thoughts and prayers ~~

Sabrina M. said...

Lucy, wishing you the best for the surgery.
Sending you lots of white light and positive thoughts.

Leni said...

Wanted to wish you a healthy recovery and pain free days.

Danny said...

Lucy, I wish you all the best and that you get well soon. I know what constant back pain means. Take care

Judy said...

Lucy, may God bless you, your family, and those working with you. You're in my prayers.

Michele said...

Wishing you a fast recovery :)

Stacy S said...

Best of luck!! I hope you get to have your pain free days soon.

Judy F said...

Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Guess it was better this way less time for you to worry.

Please do everything the physical therapist say to do and don't over do. We want you all better.

Hugs

Terri said...

Lucy, good luck with the surgery. Hope you have a wonderful recovery and a pain free future.

Valerie said...

Good luck, Lucy! Hope everything went smooth with the surgery. Get well soon. Keeping you and your Hubcap and the kids in my prayers.

Jane said...

Best of luck with the surgery. Have a speedy recovery.

Andre Martinez (Promo Guy) said...

So that's why you're not here!!!

I got into the office and was like "where is everyone?"

I'll see you tomorrow hopefully and you can give me the lo-down on all the medication they have you on - :)

Heal fast and get ready for RT!

anj

lidia said...

Lucy,

Good luck! I hope your have a speedy recovery!

Here's to pain free days!!!

(((HUGS)))

Natasha A. said...

Lucy! Good luck!

Leigh D'Ansey said...

Good luck, Lucy. I'm thinking of you.

Giles said...

I hope the surgery went well! Speedy recovery.

Lady_Graeye said...

Best of luck, Lucy! I will be thinkng of you. I have been there before so keep your chin up and think positive thoughts!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thank you all, so much!

Beth said...

Just getting caught up for the day. Probably missed you. Good luck with the surgery. You lasted longer than I did. I only went a year til they decided on surgery for my disc. But then mine was not only causing pain but also numbness in my leg. My surgery was two years ago now, and while it wasn't a total success, I only have trouble now first thing in the morning trying to get out of bed or if I spend too long on my feet at any one time. And no pain or numbness in the leg at all anymore.