Friday, March 26, 2010

RT Convention Get Together

So, who is attending RT or coming into Columbus for the big Book Fair on Saturday? Would you like an opportunity to hang with me and maybe a few of my friends in person?

As many of you know, I'll be attending the RT Convention in Columbus, OH April 28 to May 2. I'll be speaking on two author panels and one industry panel and attending lots of the events.

Thurs 10 a.m. - Social Media
Fri 10 a.m. - Top 10 Dead Sexiest Heroes
Fri 2:45 p.m. - Paranormal: The Melting Pot
*Giant Book Fair - Saturday from 11-2

However, I wanted to do something that gave readers (especially those coming into town just for the Book Fair) an opportunity to connect with me face-to-face in a less hectic environment. So,I'm coordinating a no-host get together right after the Book Fair on Saturday (2-ish). I'll be inviting a few of my author friends to join us and will select the venue once I know how many readers want to attend. Since this is not an RT sponsored event, you do not have to be a registered conference attendee to come, but conference goers are absolutely welcome!

If you would be interested in coming, please email me with RT Get Together in the subject header. Thanks!

10 comments:

Rebecca Ringler said...

Lucy - This sounds like so much fun!! I just alerted one of my friend Hollie in Indiana to this & I think she is going to come, too!! I am a new reader, but she says she has been reading your books for years.- Rebecca

Andrea Becraft said...

Oh I would love too! I plan on going only for the book fair thing! I need the emial addy though your link doesn't work!

Lucy Monroe said...

Fantastic, Rebecca! :)

And Andrea - I'm not sure if it's just operating systems, or what, but embedded mailto: links seem not to work for some...grrr... ;-) I'm so sorry about that!

Please send your email to me at:
lucymonroe at lucymonroe dot com

Hugs to you both!

erahime said...

That sounds so fun, Lucy! Alas, due to previous engagements I'm not able to go. BUT to those that will, this would be a great opportunity and an added bonus to attending the convention.

Tessa said...

You're so fabulous wen organizing all those events, Lucy. i so wish i could come. If I only lived a little bit closer! Have a great weekend!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, gals! Smooches!

Judy F said...

Hey Lucy. I plan on coming up to the book fair. Will know for sure the closer I get to that date. I am going to let my friend Laurie D know she lives near Columbus.

Lucy Monroe said...

I would really love to see both of you!

sherry said...

I would really love to come but I have to work that weekend. I've always thought it would be so much fun to go to a Convention maybe next time.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Lucy Monroe said...

Sherry...the conferences are amazing. Hopefully, one day you will get a chance to attend one!