Friday, January 22, 2010

Too Funny

This comic was sent to me by JudyF...and I thought it was too funny and too apropos. :)

As many of you know...it took me 9 years to sell my first manuscript. The Greek Tycoon's Ultimatum was published in September 2003 and I'll have my 5oth book released later this year (Close Quarters - September 2010), but the road here? Not so easy. I can so identify with this guy, as can many, many, many authors! :)

Read my first sale story on my website if you like...I can still remember the absolute overwhelming emotion of that day.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks, Lucy. This was a perfectly timed post. I've read about your first sale before, but it meant more this time. I entered my first contest and received the results a few weeks ago. I didn't have the courage to read them until yesterday. After working through the disappointment, I realized the judges were mostly right about several problems in my writing, so it's time to start over. That seemed so OVERWHELMING, until I read your story again this morning. You have been such an inspiration to me, and I thank you. I own every one of your books and reread them because they're favorites. May the Good Lord bless you as you continue to share your stories. I'm looking forward to them.

Lucy Monroe said...

Wow, Judy...you just totally made my day! Thank you! If you could read the first manuscript I wrote before professional edits, you would laugh until you cried. I had no concept what Closely Held 3rd Person POV was, much less how to execute it. :)

Judy F said...

Hey Lucy girl. Glad you liked the comic.

I need to check your blog more often. Congrats to the wedding girls and good luck on getting the book done. YOu are a rock star.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, JudyF!! Smooches!

Amy said...

I have read your first sale story on the site several times. I think I can speak for all your fan's when I say I am so glad you persevered and never gave up. If you had given up we would all have missed out on getting to know a pretty remarkable author and some fantastic books

Lucy Monroe said...

Ahh, Amy...you are very kind and a doll to boot! Hugs!