Monday, January 18, 2010

A message from D.Q herself w/ pictures of the family!!!

Hey Y’all...D.Q. here, your number one stop for all the juiciest gossip on Lucy Monroe’s craaaazy family...Or, maybe I’ve been watching a few too many reality TV shows. But, seriously, our family would make the best reality show on the planet! I can just see it now...The ratings would be sky high, the viewers laughing...the cars...the fame! Oh...ah-hem. I seem to have gotten a little carried away. Moving on, here’s the latest scoop from behind the curtain, or computer as the case may be, on Lucy Monroe and her rockin’ family!

Many of you know my sister, Lucy’s oldest daughter, got married last March. And, let me tell you, it was the perfect dream come true for that Cinderella. She hitched the man of her dreams, we’ll call him Prince Charming, and they have a beautiful baby girl, Little Miss Sparkle Pants is our favorite nickname for that little one. The are the cutest little family. “Cinderella” is attending a beauty school, learning all about hair, aesthetics, and, all that other stuff that makes us girls feel like a Queen for a day. She is extremely talented at what she does! Then, her Prince Charming has just graduated from college, majoring in massage therapy.Congrats Prince Charming! Now I get free massages, YAY! Haha, just kidding. Meanwhile, Little Miss Sparkle Pants is busy doing her thing, You know, what all normal 1½ year olds do...rolling into the garbage can, doing back flips off the couch, seeing just how high she can climb on the entertainment center, and pretty much giving Mommy a mini heart attack every chance she gets. She’s so independent! But not to worry about her getting into too much trouble, because that little girl mastered the fluttery eyelashes and oh-so-adorable smile early on in the gameJ Mom (Lucy) is loving having this little grandchild around because it reminds her of when we were kids (and, oh boy, were we obnoxious!) but she’s realizing just how much being a grandparent takes out of you, mentally and physically.


Don’t worry Mom, I have another dose of stress for you. My wedding is in two weeks! That’s right, I’m getting married in exactly 13 days, just under the two week mark, and the house is hectic! But on the bright side, despite all the stress, her two daughters will now both be happily married and living their real life romance stories. How’s that for inspiration for your books, MomJ Even more exciting news, in September, I will be attending a fashion institute to major in Fashion Merchandising. I am so excited to start school and learn all about the topics that I love. Okay, I’m a nerd. I’ll admit it. And last, but certainly not least, my dear old brother is also starting school soon. He is going to college to study machining, taking after my wonderful Grandfather. They are both so talented in that field, but let me tell you, anytime they try to explain machining to me I kind of smile, say, “okay,” and then head out of the room to try and put the wires in my brain back together. LOL. Machining is some complicated stuff!

Well, that pretty much sums it up for the kids. As for Mom and Dad, they’re trying to keep everything together and somewhat organized. Mom has a book due in 1½ weeks (did I mention my wedding is in two weeks and the house is hectic?). And Dad is trying to save the planet one day at a time at his job. Can you say, “Stress much?” All,the while, the both of them are making sure theirkids (that’s us!) are still doing all right. Great job, SuperParents! You havegone where no other parents have gone before! Or some such cheesy line...

Well, this has been D.Q. and I’m out of here! I have to get back to the wedding plansJ

+++++++++++++++++++

Let's not make this a one way street, now Lucy wants to know about your family. Does your family have a website, do you personally? She'd love you to share the links so she can get to know you all a little better too. And share your own stories about family, be they born or made. :)

14 comments:

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Thanks, hon! Readers have been asking for pics and DQ is so much better at that stuff than I am, so she very generously put this blog together. She's right, we are a somewhat nutty family, only in the best way of course. I do love being a grandmother and a mom and a mom-in-law, but all that's possible 'cuz of my day job - being a wife. ;-) And yeah, Hubcap is still making me tingle after more than 20 years.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madison Scott said...

What a great blog. Love hearing what's going on with you. No family websites or anything for us. We're looking to move into a new house though which is exciting! My oldest wants a dog so she's uber excited about the move.

DQ I can tell you'd be a blast to hang out with!

Madison Scott said...

Oh and Ms. Sparkle Pants is adorable!!!!

Estella said...

What a great update on your family!

Lucy Monroe said...

Judy...now I'm just dying to see what you said and deleted. LOL

Madison...a new house?? Fantastic! Congratulations! DQ *is* a blast to hang out with, and I'm so glad she doesn't ditch me just 'cuz I'm her mom. ;-)

Judy said...

Sorry! It was a less than humorous day, and DQ's post was simply so delightful I didn't want to cloud it. What a wonderful family! Big congrats to DQ and can barely wait for Moon Craving!

Lucy Monroe said...

(((Hugs))) on your less than pleasant day, hon! You are such a special person and always welcome to share *whatever* you are feeling here. :)

Lucy Monroe said...

On a sidenote, DQ spent an hour practicing her wedding day makeup today. She was gorgeous!

Hubcap said...

Wow, so many cool things happenin' this month, it's tough to keep it all going! Fortunately the ladies have it all under control; I help as I can, and hope I don't mess up something in the process! Amazing times.

Amy said...

Congrats on you upcoming Wedding DQ. I know you are going to make a beautiful Bride. Little Miss Sparkley pants is adorable.
No websites for my family. We do have 4 cats, 4 dogs and a ton of fish that make life interesting, not to mention 5 nieces living next door

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Love the way you lumped the nieces in with the pets, Amy!

lidia said...

DQ -- CONGRATULATIONS!

I know that your mom is very proud of all of her kids. She certainly loves all of her roles, wife, mom, grandmother and mother-in-law.

I enjoyed reading your update on the rest of the family.

We don't have a family website. My dd just finished nursing school. We have two turtles, and a Tibbie (a Tibetan Spaniel).

Wishing you all the best and I hope that you have a wonderful time at your wedding!

Cheers!

Lucy Monroe said...

Lidia...that is SO true! I love every bit of it. :)