Monday, December 14, 2009

LUCY'S 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!!!

As Christmas approaches, things are becoming busier at the Lucy office! With a new release on the way, “Moon Craving”, the work is piling up and it’s time to relax the stress by giving away some prizes. I thought it would a perfect time to start LUCY’S 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!!!

Each day I will be giving out one of Lucy’s books - hand autographed, along with some of Timothy’s assorted teas, and some other special treats picked by me and Lucy herself!

All you have to do is post your comments on this post and following blog posts between now and the 25th! I’ll go through and pick from the comments and post the winner on the next day. Exciting right?

To make it interesting I’ll also ask a holiday question that you can answer on the posts as well! Good Luck and let the giving begin!!!!!!!!!!!


Holiday Question - Holiday fruitcake began as a prank made from carefully reshaped reindeer droppings. True or false?

10 comments:

Jane said...

How fun. I'm going to say that it's true.

Lady_Graeye said...

It's crazy but I think that it's probably true! Done during the civil war time period.

sarabelle said...

Great contest.

I am hoping that its false, but it is just wacky enough to be True.

RachieG said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say false...I thought fruit cakes were made initially because people were promoting a successful harvest. At least that I can remember from fruitcake 101, huh? So false....but you never know, it could be tricky and be true!

rachie2004 @ yahoo (d0t) com

Green Orchid said...

I say it's false. Egyptians made fruitcake for their departed loved ones to carry with them to the afterlife. The dense cake and preserved fruit were thought to withstand the journey, and the riches of the fruits and nuts communicated the wealth of the consumer and the family's esteem for their relative

panda girl said...

I'll say it's true, not very appealing though. LOL

Booklover1335 said...

I certainly hope it's not true, because if it is that is one cruel joke. If it is true it's no wonder that not very many people like it.

Judy said...

False. Please, let it be false. It was a treat seeing the site updated last week. The counter for Moon Craving is great! Can hardly wait!

CrystalGB said...

I am hoping it's false. That would be so gross if it is true.

bamabelle said...

I'm going to say it is false. Although, most of the fruitcake that I've tried leads me to believe someone could still be playing this prank on me lol. I'm not a fan of fruitcake. :)