Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I absolutely love this time of year. Yes, the holidays are crazy, but they're special too. They remind us of the relationships that are most important. Thanksgiving, especially is a day when no matter what is happening in our lives, we are encouraged to find something to be grateful for. We have a tradition at our Thanksgiving dinner and that is to go around the room and pray out loud, thanking God for something - anything. I mean seriously? The kids have given thanks for beating their video games, snow reports and the television. It's not always funny...I mean every year I thank God for one more Thanksgiving with my mom, though doctors have given her only months to live several times. She always manages to bounce back, by God's grace. :) I'm also grateful for my kids, my husband, our life together and the years to come. I thank God for my writing, my readers, the friends I've made within the author community and that of the other industry professionals. I'm particularly grateful for editors that work with me and my creative spirit, not against it. I'm still grieving the loss of one of them and wondering what the future holds with that publisher. But I trust that whatever comes can and will be for my best in the long term. That's the thing about the stuff that's hard to be thankful for, you've got to remember that tomorrow could show the blessing, or next week, or next year...but don't give up looking for it!


Blessings and hugs,
Lucy

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lucy, I know there is so much I have to be thankful for in my life

lidia said...

Lucy,

Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving with your family.

I think that most of us have something to be thankful for.

I love Thanksgiving but don't look forward to the chaos that the next few weeks bring. Too many people forget about the spirit of the holidays.

Michele L. said...

Hi Lucy,

Happy Thanksgiving! Many wishes for a fun, filled day! My hubby and I went to Arkansas for our holiday. My brother lives there. It was our first time to his place and we had a blast!

I am thankful that we drove all the way there and back safe and sound. It is 11 hours one way from here in Indiana. I thank God every day for all the blessings he bestows on us. Just to live in the U.S. is special in itself. We should all remember how fortunate we are to live in such a fabulous country!

flchen1 said...

Thanks for sharing, Lucy! Hope you had a wonderful time with family on Thanksgiving!