Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun Hair Day & Contests

Okay, I'll admit it. Here's my deep, dark confession: few things make me as cranky as a bad hair day. It's sad, but true. I don't know if it's something I think I should have control of, or what, but I really, really, REALLY hate those days when I would be more comfortable with a paper bag over my head. I've tried hats, and unless they are for glad rags, they mostly look rediculous on me. Though I have a Chinese sun hat that I think is so quirky I don't care if I do look funny in it. :) I've tried headbands. So not a good look for me. I've tried wigs, but they ITCH!!!

So, I'm very blessed that one of my oldest friends used to be a hair stylist. We met in middle school and I was one of her first clients when she got out of beauty school. Myra is now an area supervisor for Regis, but she still does my hair because she's way too nice for her own good. LOL

I promised to share some pics from our last hair day at her house, when she put pink highlights in my oldest daughter's hair. So, here they are:

Pre-Op with both daughters and our little munchkin.

During.

The final product.

I am truly thankful for my wonderful and very talented friend! To see more pics for our Fun Hair Day, visit my MySpace.

Now, about the contests mentioned in the header...DQ picked a winner for the prize on her guest blog. It's Michele L. Please email Promo Guy with your deets so he can get the prize out to you.

Just a quick reminder, the big prize package for June celebrating the 45th release for me will be drawn from ALL the comments made on ALL the posts for the month of June! And I'm giving away a special prize pack off my website this month as well, so don't forget to enter that contest too!

Hugs and take care,
Lucy

17 comments:

booklover1335 said...

Great hair! Loved the pink. I'm am with you on the whole bad hair day, screws with my day and my outlook. Shouldn't let it affect me that way, but it does :(

flchen1 said...

Wow, Lucy! Totally looks fun! I have yet to do something so daring and exciting with my hair! I usually don't have dreadful hair days, but life is mostly a string of "meh" hair days--yank it back into a mom-ponytail. Maybe I ought to try something with a little more zing! ;)

Congrats, Michele! And Lucy, thanks again for celebrating 45 with us this month!

Jane said...

How fun. Sounds like the you and the girls had a great time. I'm getting some highlights done, too.

Judy said...

Sometimes, you just can't worry about what anyone else thinks. It looks like a fun time was had by all! And it's good to have long-time friends. I've always wanted to do pink, or purple, but have never screwed my courage to the sticking place. :-)

And YAY Michele! Congrats!!

Amy S. said...

Congrats Michele L.!

Caffey said...

Happy 45!! And more to come!!

Oh I so know on bad hair days! I finally went for a cut cuz all I kept doing was putting it up! My daughter's friend did it and its perfect! So easy to take care of too!

You got to put a pic up of when its all done!!

Vicky said...

Wow! Love the hair!

limecello said...

Love the hair! I have mixed feelings about hair myself. I definitely don't give mine enough attention. I wash and condition it - but I don't style it. No time and no idea what to do.
Basically I grow it out, donate it, and start all over again. :P It's what I've been doing since college.

CrystalGB said...

You both look great. :)

robynl said...

looking very classy both of you; how wonderful to have a hairdresser for a friend.

Amy said...

Love the hairstyles. How wonderful to have a friend who does hair. I have had the same style for over 20 years. Very long. I have been thinking about getting it cut but keep getting chicken

red said...

I wish I had a friend that could do something interesting with my hair. The pink looks really cute on both of you.

Mari said...

Congratulations on your 45th and on a day at the spa!

Michele L. said...

Thanks everyone and thanks DQ! You guys are so awesome!

What a fun thing to do! I would love to do that with my friends. I seriously need to color my hair also. At the moment my hair is bordering on, dark brown, medium brown, and red with lot's of grey highlights. Ok, now where did I put that hair color I bought?

Thanks again for the prize! WOOHOO!!!

Maureen said...

It looks like you all had a fun day and plus great hair.

Stacy S said...

Great pictures. I think of doing something like that all the time, but haven't got the nerve to yet.

Armenia said...

Great hair day. Its so humid in Texas I can't remember having a good hair day. *sigh*