Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Book #45???

This seems to be a year for milestones and I'm not sure I was prepared for any of them.

First, my oldest daughter got married. She's brilliantly happy about that and so are we. It was a huge change in all our lives though. :)

Second, Tom and I celebrated our 21st Wedding Anniversary, making our marriage old enough to imbibe in alcohol. Bummer that neither Tom or I hardly ever drink. LOL

Third, as you all know by now, both of our children still attending high school are graduating along with our Korean student. He has lived with us for three years and will go off to Ohio State...a true milestone for him, but for me as well as my nest gets just a little bit emptier. Both my graduates are staying home for the next year, but life is - once again - changing for all of us. And in 2010, Drama Queen takes off for FIDM in California. Yikes!

Fourth, one of my Presents was nominated for Best of the Year in the Romantic Times Awards. Maybe not a milestone so much as a very cool happenstance, but it brought me full circle in my writing attitude. I spend so much time catching up to deadlines, I forget to appreciate the triumphs along the journey.

Fifth, 2009 will break the 5,000,000 mark for the number of my books in print. I'm pretty much stunned by that one, if you want the truth. (My bank account would just love if in print equaled sales, but even though the numbers are not nearly the same, it's still absolutely amazing to me.)

Sixth, Watch Over Me is my 45th North American release!!! Can I really be at book 45? Next year will see book 50 and we definitely need to do something special to celebrate that "Golden" book. LOL But I'm not looking so far ahead I don't appreciate what this book means. It's the culmination of years of writing like a mad woman and both me and my family sacrificing for my stories. I look down at my hands and think, "Those fingers typed all those words. How is that possible?" Do you realize that my first book was published in the fall of 2003, making it only a hair over five years ago?

Seventh, I'm going to Hawaii for the first time. That is a milestone because it also marks the first true vacation I've taken in years where I'm not attending a writing related event or doing research and Hubcap isn't doing anything for work either.

So, a year filled with milestones and it's only half over. What will the rest of 2009 bring? I'm praying that whatever it is, it's good! My mom's health has taken a severe turn for the worse and I can't help worrying it might not be, but I am absolutely committed to enjoying this moment as I think maybe I've squandered too many others.



One thing I know, some of this year's milestones will stand the test of time like the one in the picture and some will be replaced by others along the way. That's okay by me, life is about change and when we embrace it, joy will follow.


Thank you for being part of my journey!


Much love and blessings,
Lucy

14 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, 5 million is an incredible number. Congrats on having such an awesome 2009.

robynl said...

wow Lucy; I look forward to the golden book #50 for you. You are a remarkable woman.

Judy said...

As the poem "The Weaver" says, "The black threads are as needful...as the threads of gold and silver." So today we celebrate the abundance of gold and silver. Brava, Lucy! Go you! Enjoy Hawaii. :-)

Amy said...

Congratulations all the way around the board Lucy. You have had much to celebrate this year. I will be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers

flchen1 said...

Woohoo, Lucy! Thanks for celebrating some of these milestones with us! Many blessings to you and many more exciting milestones this year!

Michele L. said...

What a tremendous year it has been for you Lucy! That is totally awesome! Many congrats and well wishes to you and yours!

My husband and I have had some luck this year also. My husband finally landed a good job. I have been working part-time for the last 5 years. My husband has been working part-time off and on for the past 5 years also. We have struggled to make a go of it. Finally, he landed a good job at a brand new farm implement/hardware store near us. We are so happy!

Kammie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You should take that time and enjoy the moment. That's all wonderful news to be proud of.

limecello said...

Wow - so many great milestones!!! Sorry to hear about your mom :(

And/but... Ohio State! :D I have very fond memories of OSU. Hopefully he likes it there!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thank you, everyone! And mega congrats to you and your hubby, Michele L!!! Those lean times are so hard, but, boy do they make us appreciate when the good stuff comes along. :)

Hugs and blessings to you all!

Maureen said...

Congratulatons on all the milestones in your life right now.

lidia said...

Lucy,

What a great year 2009 is for you. I hope that rest of it brings more joy!

I can't believe that you've written so many books. It seems that I first saw your name on a bookself not so long ago. LOL

Here's the great second half of 2009!

You will love Hawaii. We've been there once and enjoyed the trip tremendously.

booklover1335 said...

45 is quite the acheivement!!! You deserve a reward, and your vacation seems like the perfect thing.

I think I have read all of them except for 1 or 2 which I cannot find :(

Stacy S said...

Sounds like an amazing year so far! Hope it continues to be.

CrystalGB said...

Sounds like an incredible year you are having.
I hope your Mom's health improves.