Friday, April 24, 2009

Long Time, No Chat

I'd like to say that I'm done with Talorc's Moon and well into my next book, but I'm not. I'm working on it though. :)

I just wanted to drop in and say, "Hey." Life around here is pretty busy, as per usual, yes? Hubcap is going to post a guest blog tomorrow and I realized how long it had been since I'd posted anything personally! Crazy making. But there it is.

Do you know how much happens around me that I don't even realize? For instance, I had no idea that Housekeeper to a Millionaire had been nominated for Romantic Time's Best Harlequin Presents of 2008 until after the winner had already been chosen (congrats to Ally Blake!). I also just realized that Valentino's Love-Child (out May 1) is my 20th full length Presents! And Watch Over Me will by my 45 original release!!! Andre and I are talking about how best to mark these occasions, to make the time special for me and for my readers because the relationship is definitely a symbiotic one! LOL

Any suggestions are welcome! Reasonable or fantastic, we can all dream. ::wink::

I just updated my MySpace page, so have a look and let me know what you think. I changed my "About Me" section, sharing a little more of "me" rather than just Lucy Monroe the author. Hope you like.

I watched two great movies recently, Monsters vs. Aliens and Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom. Both were fantastic! Noah's Arc is a great romance and Monsters. Vs. Aliens is everything we've come to expect from good animation. Funny, clever and purely entertaining with a happy ending.

I'm getting my hair done tonight. My best friend since I was 12 years old does my hair. She's an area supervisor for Regis now and not a stylist, but she has pity on me and keeps me looking better than your average gila monster anyway. LOL I'll try to remember to post pictures. I still owe you some of Nev-zilla. You know, you can try hitting Hubcap up for them tomorrow on his blog 'cuz he's ever so much better at actually uploading the pics he takes to the computer.

Until next time...

Mega hugs,
Lucy

6 comments:

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

You're just way too busy. I seriously don't know how you keep everything straight......well yes I do cause you have an exceptional PA and promo guy!

Suggestions for celebrating....Tino's book, something Italian, a gift basket, a cookbook, bottle of nice wine.

Since your 45th release features a Russian (correct?) then a Russian egg or one of those enameled boxes, Russian tea cakes?

Judy said...

Patiently, sort of, waiting for Talorc's Moon. ;-)

Personally, I'm all for books. Imagine that. LOL!

How wonderful to still share an early friendship. There is something about friends who know you from your most awkward. :-)

kim h said...

congrats what an accomplisment

nice dinner would be great
or a collage of all yoru cover on teh wall


wtg winners

Amy said...

Hi Lucy, I hope your health is improving. We have missed you being here but if you can't be here Andre is doing a great job. I can hardly wait for Talorc's Moon.

Idea's for Celebrating the books would be autographed copies of the books, I alway's love getting autographed books or maybe even having T-Shirts with the cover of the books made. I have 4 T-Shirts that another author has given me over the years and I try to wear one of them every time I go bookshopping. I alway's get comments on the T-Shirts and it is a great way to start a conversation and recommend that author's books to other's who are browsing the book selections

Judy said...

Wow, Amy. book t-shirts? Never heard of that before. How fun. And I like autographed copies, too.

Stacy~ said...

Hey Lucy! We've missed you! Don't be a stranger. Thank goodness Andre is around to keep us sane *g*

Hmmm, I think something relaxing is in order - a nice getaway for you & Hubcap, just the two of you. Whatever you end up doing, enjoy :)

4/28/09