Thursday, February 19, 2009

Character Unite: The Pledge

Hey Everyone!

Today I received an email from Lucy asking that I post a blog about Characters Unite by USA network. I had never heard of this before and actually signed up myself .

Characters Unite is about changing our country and looking past the differences in ourselves. I'll admit that I have been quick to judge in life and I'm sure others have judged me (especially when I was 14 and full of piercings/black clothing!!!). This is something that both Lucy and I truly believe in and if you have a couple of minutes (which we all do) take a look at the website and pledge yourself.

Lucy is also in the works with a new idea called the "Open Hearts Fund". I'm currently in the process of researching how to setup this non-profit fund and get it off the ground. This non-profit has the same elements as the Characters Unite but with the hopes of raising funds to help introduce new media into our society about celebrating our differences!

Take a look at http://charactersunite.com/#/home
I'll keep you posted on new and upcoming ideas and events.

have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great site. I signed up myself. Thanks for sharing it with us

limecello said...

Very cool - I've seen clips on USA featuring people, but I didn't know it was a "thing" - thanks for sharing.

Stacy~ said...

Sounds great. I'm going to have to go check it out. thanx for the heads-up :)

2/23/09