Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Excerpt & Surprize!

Good afternoon everyone. It is extremely windy and rainy in Portland today. I heard that Denver is experiencing some very cold temperatures. Bundle up!

Today is Thursday and as promised I have created another amazing prize pack to try and win. This week I will be giving away your choice of either Ready, Willing, or And Able as well as some heart cased lipstick and some bath goodies.

Just make sure to leave your comments on the excerpt. I'll pick a random winner on Monday! Have a good weekend y'all...

(Excerpt)

Her eyes snapped dark fire at him. “Fine.” She yanked her jacket off, the thin cotton of her blouse not enough to hide nipples still hard from their time on the elevator.

She started unbuttoning it. “If you need the juvenile thrill of having me naked while you are dressed, I’ll take my darn clothes off.”

“You’re pretty mouthy for a woman who is supposed to be learning how to cooperate more fully with her boss.”

“I am cooperating,” she practically growled. “Can’t you tell?” She ripped the shirt off and tossed it on the floor.

He didn’t watch to see where it landed; his focus was too fixed on the beauty of her creamy breasts revealed in the stretchy lace cups of her bra. “That’s a scandalous piece of underwear.”

She shrugged. “No one can see it under the blouse and jacket.”

“I’m seeing it now.”

She reached behind her to unfasten it. “For a second longer anyway.”

“Stop.”

She froze with her hands behind her back, a question in her eyes. Her delicate curves pressed forward in an intensely erotic display, the blush of arousal unmistakable on her fair skin.

“Peel it away slowly.”

Her breath hitched and she did as he said, revealing the flawlessness of her form one delicious centimeter at a time, until she finally let the bra fall to the floor.

He sucked in air, but he felt like all the oxygen had gone missing from his immediate vicinity. “You’re perfect.”

“I don’t feel as vulnerable as I thought I would.”

“Why should you? I’m the one ready to have a heart attack.”

She laughed, the sound soft and ultra-feminine. Was she amused by him?

He couldn’t drag his gaze from her gorgeous breasts to tell. They were small, but deliciously round and firm with tip-tilted nipples that were turgid points, colored a deep red from the blood rushing through them.

He wanted to taste those tantalizing berries, but that would have to wait. “Now the skirt.”

Without so much as blinking, she reached behind her and undid the button and zipper. The sound of it sliding down set of a burst of libidinous hormones in his body, making his muscles clench in primal preparation for taking his mate.

She shimmied it down her hips and it too fell to the carpet, revealing curls more red than the hair on her head. They were fluffy from his earlier ministrations and he knew if he touched them, she would quiver just as she had in the elevator.

He walked toward her, the draw of her body an irresistible pull. She wasn’t the vulnerable one right now. He was because he needed to touch her more than he needed to breathe, more than he needed to eat to survive, more than he needed warmth, or shelter or satisfaction in his job. He could live without those things, but he couldn’t live without touching her.

When he reached her, he reached out and shocked himself by not touching the erogenous zones on her body, the parts of her now revealed to his gaze for the first time.

He cupped the side of her face with one hand and pressed his other one against her heart. “You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.”


23 comments:

MsValerie said...

Man! That never happened to *me* when I worked in offices...who knew what I was missing.

Amy said...

I am about to take this book off my Shelf and re-read it. Thanks Andre

Raven99 said...

*fanning self* Is it hot in here or is it just me? Wow! That is a steamy excerpt.

Stacy S said...

Dang, that's a pretty hot excerpt.

Cryna said...

Oh man, I am with Amy I have to go get the book and reread it. Thanks for another, steamy, excerpt.

tetewa said...

Wow, that was a hot excerpt.

flchen1 said...

I'm with Amy! ;) Thanks for the excerpt!

ArkieRN said...

Great excerpt. Very hot!!!

Vicky said...

Wow. I can't wait to read this!

Michele said...

Holy Moly!! That is a GREAT excerpt!!! Which book is this from, love to keep reading to see where things go :)

Virginia said...

Great excerpt!! I really enjoyed it. We have had a lot of nasty days around here lately. It has been a really cold November for us and we have had snow tonight. I don't think I like it very much. I guess its time to bury myself in a good hot book.

CrystalGB said...

Another great excerpt. Great book. :)

robynl said...

okay, that excerpt just got me 'hooked' on the book and I must get it and read it. Wowzers, that was good!!!

It is funny here as we don't have any snow yet that is staying for the duration of winter. But we do have wind and cold. Have a great weekend everyone; I have to work.

Jane said...

Wow, that was hot.

Jeanette J said...

Sounds really great...thanks for the hot flashes

Michele L. said...

Ok I am pleasantly hot right now. This is one steamy read!

Susan said...

I'm going to start rereading this book over the weekend thanks to these terrific excerpts!

kim h said...

great excerpt
have a grrea t weekend

kim h said...

great excerpt
have a grrea t weekend

limecello said...

whoo-whee! yet another great excerpt :)
hope everyone is having a great wknd!

Virginia said...

Wow what a great excerpt, really hot!

bamabelle said...

Wow, now that was hot! This is a book of yours that I don't have, so I'll definitely have to pick it up when it re-releases in December. I'm looking forward to it!

Eshani said...

I love excerpts! Especially when it makes you want to drop everything else and find a bookstore :)