Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ready Teaser

Well, today brings yet another exciting announcement. The mass market release of Ready is OUT NOW!!! As mentioned before, all kinds of amazing things are going on around the site. Be sure to check out the contests and all of the new updates for the summer releases. In the meantime, get comfortable and read a brand new excerpt from Ready.

{Excerpt}
Lise’s horrified refusal pissed Joshua off, even though he agreed with it in principle.
No matter how big the bed was, he wasn’t going to get a wink of sleep sharing it with her, but it aggravated him she was so obviously appalled by the prospect.
He was the one who had walked away the night before. She should realize she had nothing to fear from him.
“Why not?” he demanded. “Do you think I’ll sneak onto your side of the bed, or something?”
Her cheeks turned an interesting shade of pink. “No.”
“I would never try to coerce you.”
Her blush intensified. “I’m aware of that.”
“Then what’s the problem?”
Why was he arguing this? It was a bad idea, damn it. He needed someone to sew his lips shut.
She took a deep breath, pressing her breasts against the thin cotton t-shirt she wore. “I dream about you.”
“You dream about me?” Now that was interesting.
“Yes, since that time last year.”
“Naughty dreams?” He asked it to rile her and the way she impaled him with her eyes told him he’d succeeded. “I don’t see the problem. They’re just dreams,” he said to push her just a little more.
“After last night, they’ll probably only get worse,” she gritted out.
“So?” He liked the idea of her having the feminine equivalent of wet dreams about him.
She glared at him. “Cryin’ out loud, can’t you just accept that it bothers me to dream about you?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
She tucked the multi-colored blond strands of her hair behind her ears, her hazel eyes green with temper. “I wake up hugging my pillow.”
He raised one brow.
Her small hands fisted at her sides. “I’d be embarrassed to death if I woke up hugging you instead.”
“I wouldn’t mind.”
She looked ready to explode. “I would.”
“You didn’t mind me holding you next to the car tonight.”
“That was different.”
“You didn’t mind me holding you last night.”
She paled.
He sighed. Enough teasing. “You’re not going to wake up with me between your legs if you hug me in your sleep instead of your pillow.”
He was about to add that he had no intention of sharing her bed when she spun away, wrapping her arms around herself protectively. “That’s not what I’m worried about.”
He remained silent, waiting to hear what was making her feel so vulnerable.
She turned back to face him, looking harassed. “What if I touch you like I do in my dreams?”
Just the thought was enough to send his sex throbbing and into full mast.
Her eyes widened telling him where she’d been looking. “Goodnight.”

9 comments:

Amy said...

I love this book and I love the excerpt. I have the original but plan on buying a copy this time around because I wear my originals out from re-reading!

Susan said...

Lucy, I love the excerpt and have added Ready to my TBB list. I'm ashamed to say I missed its first release.

Jane said...

I love this book. It was the first book I read by Lucy.

Cryna said...

I love this book - just like I loved all the mercenary guys. Love the new cover as well and this excerpt was one of my favourites.

Congratulations on the re-release.

Hugs

Stacy S said...

I love this book. It was the first book of yours that I had read.

Brandy said...

Awww, my very first Lucy book! Still sits on my keeper shelf! *G*

Judy F said...

Oh this book is a favorite. Congrats on the release

Ladyhawk said...

This is such a great story, beginning to end. Whenever I want to read my favorite parts, I end up reading the whole thing, except maybe the peeks into the villain's thoughts. *shiver* I must admit that I like the original cover more. There is simply something about catching a man relaxed in private thought. Congrats, Lucy!
~Judy T

kimmyl said...

Great excerpt.