Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Something More Than a Teaser

Oh, man, I've discovered my own reader Heaven. LOL It's called Daily Lit and it's amazing. Once you are registered (free), you are eligible to subscribe to daily excerpts from hundreds of books. Some are free, some cost money, but you can always get a sampling for nothing. I signed up immediately for "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. For free. :) The entire book will come daily in 95 segments. The cool thing is that if I get into the book, all I have to do is click on a link an the next segment will get sent immediately. But I see this as a way to read books I might not otherwise and to give me a little personal relax moment in my day. You can sign up with the email address for your phone text messaging and get these stories sent directly to your phone or PDA as well. I mean how, cool is this?

From the I "Heart" Presents blog:

Kate Walker’s newest Harlequin Presents release Spanish Billionaire, Innocent Wife is now available from DailyLit for FREE! This is a special summer promotion available until August 31st.
If you haven’t heard of Daily Lit before, it’s a site that sends you stories in short installments delivered by RSS or email — a great way to get a fantastic Presents story sent right to your computer! Over 200 Harlequin titles are currently available at DailyLit, including Presents books by authors like Sandra Marton, Annie West, and Lynne Graham. (NB from Lucy: Yes, a couple of my titles are available as well.)
"We have had a wonderful response from Harlequin fans using DailyLit to receive these novels, and we wanted to give them something back in return," said Susan Danziger, President and Publisher of DailyLit. “We thought what better way than to offer them a brand new title by one of their most popular authors.”
So head over to DailyLit and snag a copy!

15 comments:

Denysé said...

Hi, Lucy!

I just registered for Daily Lit, it's a GREAT site and looks like there are lots of amazing titles to explore and enjoy!!

Hope all is well... Have a great day and talk to you soon.

Love,
Denyse

Amy said...

Daily Lit sounds like a great site. I will check it out.

Lettetia said...

Thanks for the link, Dear Heart. I am signing up now, as if I don't have anything to read. ;-)

This is a fab idea to get a "feel" for books you want to read, yet don't take the time for. It is also a great way to take a break in your day.

Thanks again, and hope you and yours are well.

Love ya!

WK said...

Ohh I like this site. I just registered and got the Kate Walker book.

Thanks for the link!

WendyK

Susan said...

Hi Lucy,

I feel so behind the times, I don't have a cell phone or PDA! *shock*

Daily Lit sounds like a wonderful site. I'm on my way to register now. Thank you so much for sharing!

Brandy said...

Daily Lit sounds like a great site, I'll head over and check it out!

Lucy Monroe said...

Isn't it the coolest???

Jane said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going over to check it out now.

Cryna said...

Sounds like a great site and I will have to go over and have a look around. Thank you for sharing.

flchen1 said...

Ooh... This definitely sounds fun--as if I need more to read ;)

Michele L. said...

Oh wow! I can't believe I haven't heard of this before! Thank you so much for sharing this with us Lucy!
I am definitely headed to their site next! I am definitely signing up for one of your books Lucy! I love them!

Hugs,
Michele L.

Michele L. said...

Hi Lucy,

WOOHOO! I signed up at Dailylit! Hey I have a question for you on the free book process. Do they send newsletters that tell you when an authors book will be available on the site as a free read?

Thanks a bunch!
Michele L.

Lucy Monroe said...

Yeah...I'm really enjoying the Jane Austen in little bits. :)

As for a newsletter - they do send one, but whether they inform for every new free book, I don't know.

Annie West said...

Lucy, I saw this on IHeartPresents but haven't yet had a chance to check it out properly (book to get in). But if your Jane Austen experience is typical then I may just have to subscribe!

Off now to find which of your books are there, and which of mine, and what else...

Hope you're well!

Annie

CrystalGB said...

I signed up for Daily Lit and I am getting Kate Walker's book sent to me. :)