Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Power of Love

THE POWER OF LOVE
Special Anthology
Trade Paperback
Berkley Trade - June 3, 2008
ISBN-10: 0425221482
ISBN-13: 978-0425221488

12 Original Stories by Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, Toni Blake, Dianne Castell, Karen Kelley, Rosemary Laurey, Luanne McLane, Janice Maynard, Lucy Monroe, Patricia Sargeant, Kay Stockham & J.C. Wilder

In this engaging anthology of never-before-published stories, twelve award-winning and bestselling authors are united by their unique visions of the resilient woman and her quest for self, for fulfillment, for empowerment, and for an enriching new appreciation for what love really means—and why it matters.

A young woman is torn between the overbearing security of her fiancĂ© and the excitement of an old flame...a desperate wife is forced into the workplace for the first time in her life...an ambitious professional woman finally finds the courage to take control of her career—and her man...an emotionally fragile divorcee finds resolve in the ethereal visitations of an archangel. These are just some of the women who discover and rediscover their wonderfully fallible selves in the shadow of love—romantic love, platonic love, new love, and lost love. You'll be touched, inspired, charmed, and amused by these twelve original stories of disparate longings, unsettled lives, and the power of love.

11 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

I'm getting this book at the Get Together. Can't wait to see you in a few days, Lucy!!

Brandy said...

I've been hearing about this book for months and have been looking forward to it as well. I think it's wonderful that y'all care so much.

Cryna said...

I am looking forward to the book coming out and finally getting to read it.........This is so cool.

Virginia said...

I have heard a lot about this book. I am looking forward to reading it. I love books written by different authors.

flchen1 said...

I'm very excited about this one--can't wait for it to actually be in the stores! :)

Judy F said...

I can't wait to get this book and to finally meet you...

Hugs

Amy said...

I picked up my copy today. I had to go to two bookstores to get a copy. Books A Million had already sold out. They said they could order me a copy but it would not be in until the 20th. So I had to go to Barnes and Noble.
I think Lucy, Lori and the other ladies are wonderful for donating their proceeds from the book to charity.

Stacy~ said...

I plan on getting at least 2 copies, and hope to get it signed over the weekend. Can't wait to see you in person Lucy :)

Lucy Monroe said...

Oh, man...I'm so excited about this book. :) And this upcoming weekend! I can't wait to meet and see again so many people whose online friendship I treasure.

Amy said...

Lucy, So far I have read Sweet Dreams' by Lori Foster -a fantastic steamy read.
And your story, No Angel which was a fantastic hilarious read. I love Big strong men and at 6'6" Zack fit the bill to a T. I was laughing so hard reading the first and second page that I had tears running down my face. The chemestry between Zack and Cherly was great.

Dina said...

I'm looking forward to getting this book.