Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home Again :)

We had a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time on our Anniversary Getaway! Thank you ALL so much for your good wishes and kind thoughts. :) The trip was fantastic and exactly what Hubcap and I needed. We came home feeling more connected than ever and great! We are new converts to mineral hot springs and their healing properties. Amazing! We also believe we are going to make this particular jaunt a yearly custom. Hubcap has promised the trip report (along with the vacation one) VERY soon.

Just today, we are moving Noob (that would be my 6'5"+ son built like a linebacker that we often refer to as Boy as is Vietnamese custom for the eldest son - passed down by his banoi, but who calls himself Noob - anyone in hacking knows why) into his new room, a detached building beside our house. He'll be 18 on Christmas as we wanted a good situation for him while he goes to college because he wants to live at home. He's got one more year of high school, but he's happy for the extra level of privacy now. :) He wanted the college "blanket over the window and shag carpet" look, I compromised with simple light blocking curtains and a shag throw rug on the floor. Can you imagine what could live in a wall to wall shag carpeted room occupied by a teenage boy? He's got his own water cooler and walls made entirely of pegboard. He's in teenage boy Heaven. LOL

I'm pretty happy myself. I love seeing my kids pleased, you know? I'm also way excited because I got my author copies of the print edition of Meagan's Chance!! They are gorgeous. Happy, happy sigh!

I'll be drawing the two weekly contest winners tonight and posting them tomorrow remember, so check back.

Hugs,
Lucy

15 comments:

Maura Anderson said...

Glad you had a great anniversary!

The Noob's room sounds like teen boy heaven indeed. My oldest (21) is currently in Army boot camp in GA - looking to graduate Aug 1, so we'll be enjoying the dubious pleasures of Georgia in the summer but it will be SO worth it.

Cryna said...

WELCOME BACK!!

So glad that you had a great anniversary and a yearly trek sounds like just what you and Hubcap need.

The room sounds like a dream come true for a teenage boy. How neat.

Hugs

Virginia said...

Welcome Back!!! I also have an eighteen year old son, but he is only about 5'6 and about 140 lbs he's pretty small. I have never fixed his room up. It is still the same as it was when he was younger. It has the star constellation wall paper on the wall. He just spent his first semester in a college dorm room, I think he enjoyed it, at least everything but the classes.

Amy said...

Welcome home Lucy. I am glad you and hubcap had such a wonderful trip.
Goodness, you son is a big boy, I bet he has all the girl's crusing on him at school. I know he is going to love his new room.

Brandy said...

My Daughter would love Noob's room! *G* It sounds perfect for him.
Glad to hear you both had a great Anniversary!

limecello said...

Hi Lucy,
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a fabulous anniversary, haha, and it sounds like Noob has a great room/place!

Maureen said...

So glad you had a wonderful celebration. My two kids would love to have your son's new room.

Susan said...

Welcome Back! You and hubcap deserved a wonderful time. Glad you had one!

Jane said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time.

robynl said...

How nice for you and hubcap; happy that it turned out so nice.
Noob's room would have been so good for our 2 boys when they were teenagers but at least they had the basement to themselves(carpet and TV and bedrooms/bathroom).
Noobs can learn to be independent and have some privacy; very nice indeed!!

Nathalie said...

Welcome back!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks! It's great to be home and Noob slept in his new room last night - loved it. LOL

Stacy~ said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time together on your anniversary. Can't wait to read Hubcap's accounts :)

Kelley Nyrae said...

Yay Lucy, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip with your hubby. Glad Noob likes his new room too.

flchen1 said...

Welcome back, Lucy! Sounds like a fabulous vacation, and your lucky son!