Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Teaser Tuesday - Can you guess?

Man, I almost forgot to post your teaser for today and I'm barely squeaking in under the wire. So, I thought I'd make it fun. I'm not going to name the teaser. Can anyone tell me which book this is from? And there's someone else mentioned in this scene, someone who has his own book coming out soon? Can anyone tell me who that is and what his book is going to be and when it is coming out? :)

Here's the teaser:

Leaving Savannah alone in her bedroom had been one of the more difficult tasks Leiandros had set for himself, perhaps even the most difficult task to date. He wasn’t going to make love to her when she was suffering from exhaustion and jet lag. He would not allow her the out that she hadn’t been in her right mind when she finally gave her body to him.

Besides, there was something he needed to do.

Picking up the phone, he dialed a well-used number. It answered on the second ring. “Hawk here.”

“Leiandros Kiriakis. I need some information.”

“Person or company?”

“Person. Savannah Kiriakis of Atlanta, Georgia.”

“Isn’t she your cousin’s widow?”

Leiandros leaned against the edge of the desk. “Yes.”

“I see.”

“I doubt it.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything. I want to know who she sees. If there’s a man in her life. She claims she’s recently graduated from university. I want verification of the claim. But most of all, I want to know about her financial situation. She’s been getting ten thousand American dollars a month in allowance, but she doesn’t dress like it. According to her daughter, they live in a modest house. I want to know where that money is going and why she thinks she won’t need it a few months from now.”

“Is that all?” Hawk asked with more than a little sarcasm tingeing his uptown London accent. (An accent he did not always have...)

“I suppose you want the information yesterday.”

“Yes.” Leiandros didn’t explain why. He didn’t have to. He paid Hawk well to find information and rarely shared his motive for wanting it with the private investigator.

“Lucky for you it’s afternoon in the states. My contacts there shouldn’t have any problem tracking down this information for you.”

“Good.”

“Do you want it in a phone call or fax when I get it?”

“Fax. There could be pictures.” He was thinking of the possibility that Savannah was seeing a man.

He’d taken that for granted considering how she had behaved while still married to Dion, but after the way she’d exploded like a roman candle in his arms tonight, he had to wonder if her social life had been as active as he’d imagined.

“Right.” Hawk hung up.

Leiandros put the phone down as well before going to his own room to take a cold shower and go over the details of his plan. It had to be airtight. After what he had shared with Savannah on the terrace, he was even more determined to bind her to him in marriage and establish her in his bed.He would never let go of her again.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Leiandros and Savannah's book is The Greek Tycoon's Ultimatum(one of my favorites) and Hawk's book is The Billionaire's Virgin Princess (July 2008) Present. I just finished Hawk and Lina's book this month. I loved it! Now I am waiting on my next shippment of Presents that should be here within a week or two so I can read Sheikh Amir's book.

limecello said...

Yup -The Greek Tycoon's Ultimatum, I knew it immediately, but I couldn't remember the title :X. I loved these Presents.

Brandy said...

You are the ONLY Presents author I read. Seriously. Got to love a curious man! *G*

Maureen said...

It was definitely your first book which I loved.

lidia said...

Lucy,
The teaser has been identified by others. I can't wait to read Hawk's story. I have an impression of him and am thinking that it is probably all wrong!

Judy F said...

Oh Leiandros and Savannah's book is a fav or mine. I can't wait to read Hawk's story...

Lucy Monroe said...

You all are absolutely right. :) Wondered if you would remember my first book. LOL

I'm way excited about Hawk's story!!

Thanks and hugs!
Lucy