Friday, March 21, 2008

Love Boat Here We Come...

Well, sorta kinda...we are leaving in a couple of hours to drive down to LA. (It's about 15 hours from our house, but with stops for M2B, it could take a good bit longer. LOL) Yes, with all five teenagers, including the pregnant one. We'll spend a day in LA or Long Beach (depending on our mood and the weather - indoor or outdoor activities) and then board the Carnival Paradise for a short cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico the next day. We'll arrive back in port on Friday and spend the day at Universal Studios and Hollywood before starting the drive home the next day.

Sound restful? Not with five teens, but fun? Oh, my, YES!!! I've arranged for our new blog schedule (Mystery Mondays, Teaser Tuesdays, etc.) to start Monday, so make sure you stop by and visit. I will also be posting from the road/water so long as I can get connectivity - hopefully with some fun pictures and stories of our travels. We always have stories, it's like we attract weird stuff when we vacation.

(Did I ever tell you about the maid that came into our bathroom when Tom and I were showering together to ask if we wanted maid service? That little incident happened in Raleigh, NC. Our answer? In unison...NOT RIGHT NOW. Or about when we got kicked out of Canada and had to stay the night in an unkown hotel near the border - turned out to be the place where sex-offenders stay. Yeah, our daughters got some scary visitors knocking on their door in the middle of the night. Dad in Shining Armor went storming out our door - we were in a connecting room next door - and they scattered. Or there was the time that I tried to find the North Carolina Zoo with the kids while Hubcap worked and we ended up in some kind of wetland with snakes crossing the road - I kid you not. We did eventually find the zoo, but man! I *don't* like snakes. Especially, scary, long black ones. My son wanted to keep one for a pet of course. Yeah, that went over like a lead balloon with yours truly.)

Weirdness aside, we always have a good time!
"Talk" to you all soon!
Hugs,
Lucy

13 comments:

wolfpackgirl said...

As a North Carolinian, I'm sorry to hear about 2 bad incidents in our state. I hope it doesn't keep you from coming back sometime!

Have a great vacation!

lidia said...

Lucy,

Have a wonderful time! I am sure that you will have plenty of stories/adventures to share with us.

Brandy said...

Can't wait to hear of your Adventures! *G* Have a great time!

Estella said...

Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to read about your trip.

Virginia said...

I can't believe the maid came in while you were in the shower. This is very strange.

Jane said...

I love cruises. You'll be surprised at how many things there are to do on a boat. Have fun.

Amy said...

Hi Lucy, I hope you and the family have a wonderful vacation. I can hardly wait to see what new stories you have to share with us when you get back

Cryna said...

Lucy - hope that you and the family have a wonderful holiday. I too look forward to hearing about your holidays and escapades.......but most of all have FUN!!

Judy F said...

Hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy

Michelle B said...

Have fun, Lucy! I always wanted to do that cruise when I lived in Southern California, but I never got around to it. A friend of mine and I have still thought about it. We've been to Catalina and it's just beautiful. I'm sure you'll all love it:-)

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Wolfpackgirl (love the name) - we've definitely been back and would return again. NC is one of my favorite places to travel. It's just almost as beautifully green as my homestate and I do adore the Outer Banks as well.

Virginia...that was one five star hotel that didn't deserve its stars at all - except maybe for decor.

Thank you everyone else for your good wishes!

Michelle B - I'm still considering doing an author/reader cruise. If I do it, it will either be Alaska or Mexico out of Southern California. The only thing is, 2008 and 2009 are both pretty much booked for travel. And a little birdie told me that Affair d' Couer may start having their reader conference again in 2010...but still, who knows what might happen? Or when?

Michelle B said...

I still think a reader/author cruise would be a great idea, too! I'm happy to help you plan when the time is right :-)

flchen1 said...

Lucy, have a fabulous week!! May you be making many happy memories!