Monday, February 25, 2008

Mom's Birthday Weekend

I promised to tell you all how the High Tea for Mom went and it was lovely. My baby sister Mo and I put on a Tea bar none, I have to say. LOL My mom and other sisters were happy and well fed. Mom insisted on going shopping as it is her habit to buy gifts for her girls on *her* birthday. Cool, huh? Then yesterday, we had a HUGE pinochle/poker party for Mom's 65th for all of her friends and the extended family. Tonight my sister Di is putting on an Italian dinner for just family (about 23 I think as some of the nieces and nephews are in college and can't make it) at Mom's house as it is her official birthday.

We usually take her away for her birthday every year, but this one she just wasn't up to it. It's amazing that we've been able to the last few years and none of use were complaining about not being able to this year. My sister KT put together a DVD of the last 15 years of birthday weekends we've done for Mom. It was so neat to watch. Brought back so many good memories.

Hubcap and I played pinochle as partners last night and I remembered again why I'm so in love with him. Alpha male and all, he knows how to play as part of a two-person team an he knows how to have fun. We were teaching my niece to play and it was all good - relaxed. Nice. Oh, and guess who was high winner at the big money poker table last night? Mom! She may not be able to get the right words out all the time since the stroke, but the woman's brain is still working just fine. Do you know she came in first at Pinochle Club a couple of months ago? She's just amazing.

Well, that's all for now!

But please keep the hero inspiration coming. I'm really loving it and saving several links for future inspiration as well.

Hugs,
Lucy

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Sounds as though a good time was had by all! YAY on your Mom's birthday!

Kelley Nyrae said...

I'm so glad everyone had a good time!

Amy said...

It sounds like you had a great time.

limecello said...

Hi Lucy,
That sounds so nice! Happy birthday to your mom :)

lidia said...

Lucy,

It doesn't matter that you couldn't do the same thing as you've done in the past.

The important thing is that everyone had a good time!

Cryna said...

Sounds like a great time, and lots of good memories. The main thing is that everyone had fun and you were able to celebrate your Mom's birthday.