Saturday, January 05, 2008

On the Mend & Some Special News :)

This cold is hanging on longer than I'd like, but I'm not a walking Zombie anymore! Yay!!! However, here's your giggle for the day. Don't you think it's just wrong that a 40 year old woman coughs so hard she wets herself? I'm not even kidding and it's happened more than once. Thankfully, no matter how yucky I feel, God shows me something to smile about. And honestly...when I was done coughing...I laughed. The indignity of it all...

I'm so grateful that DQ was willing to post a New Year's blog for me. Thank you, darling daughter of mine! And didn't she look absolutely gorgeous on New Year's Eve? She is such a delight to me. The greatest pleasure as a mom I feel is the knowledge that her outward beauty is a mere reflection of what God has blessed her with on the inside.

I absolutely loved reading her blog and your responses. Thank you all for sharing and for so many well wishes. I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life in this way!

BTW - her blog winner is Stacy S!!! Hon, please send your info to my admin so she can get your prize in the mail.

Speaking of...she says she has not heard from Day 9 winner yet. That is mammakim from MA. If she doesn't hear from you in the next couple of days, I'll go ahead and draw a new winner. Don't want the prize package cluttering up Teresa's office area. :)

Okay, now for my special news. How about a build up? Something pretty cool and exciting in a totally different way? I found out from some wonderful friends (thanks Tisa and Lori Foster!) that Moon Awakening has been nominated for a Reviewers Choice Award from Romantic Times. Isn't that uber cool? I'm so excited. (For those of you wondering when the next book will come - I plan to write it in the Fall of 08.)

Now, for my really big news!!! Drum roll please...
I'm going to be a grandmother!!! My oldest daughter is "with child" and I could't be happier. Yes, she's young - no, they're not getting married. But she's making very good choices for her and the baby and I'm really proud of her and the way her younger siblings have responded to the news. My dear oldest will be staying at home and finishing her education (she's going to be a nurse), so our household is growing. We're making a second bedroom in the garage for one of our longterm exchange students and the other will be moving into an apartment in the summer before the baby is born. (S/he is due the day after my birthday. Happy sigh.)

On a more mundane note...my brain is finally unclouded enough to be writing again and I'm absolutely loving this new book. The dynamic between Elle and her older brother (who just happens to work for the company she's investigating) is fun and fun*ny*. LOL And the hero is totally yummy. I'll try to remember to post his character inspiration pic and mini bio soon. Remind me if I forget. The book's got a secondary romance in it between the brother and a former flame - who is a suspect in the investigation. Chantal and Elle are total opposites personality wise, but where it really counts...their inner strength - both heroines have what it takes. And that's all I'm going to say for right now.

Well, that's all for now. I'm told sleep is essential for getting better. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Lucy

37 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations Lucy! What an exciting time it will be for you and your daughter. When is she due?

Stacy~ said...

Congratulations! I love how your family is coming together and celebrating this joyous news and seeing it as the blessing it is. I know God knew there was more than enough love to go around at your house. Hugs!

Judy F said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope you get 100% soon.

Congrats on the new baby. Babies are such a blessing. My family had its own surprise little one almost a year ago and Amya is such a joy. I know the baby will be so loved. Give your daughter a big hug from me.

Eva said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Chantal said...

OMG! You're writing a character with the name Chantal, and spelled the right way, too? MY WAY!
Yay Yay.
Lucy, I have been searching for soooo long trying to find a heroine who shares my name.
There have been a few Chantel's, one Shantal (ick) But this is the first 'Chantal'.
YAY!
Seriously, I love my name. I don't know why every heroine isn't named Chantal.
LOL

Congratulations on being a Grandma! How exciting. :)

Amy said...

Hi Lucy, I am glad your are finally feeling better.
Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! And Congrats to your Daughter as well, I know it is a very exciting time for you all.
I love Moon Awaking and I am very excited about your nomination, I hope you win.

Jane said...

Congratulations about your first grandchild.

catslady said...

Congratulations on your nomination and especially on becoming a grandmother soon! Glad you're feeling better. I want to also thank you for my prize winnings. I got them before Christmas so I was able to hang my new french hen ornament which I love and I use the cup all the time.

limecello said...

Hi Lucy -
Wow- huge news! Congratulations =D. I hope everything goes well with her pregnancy. ;) Maybe you'll get some inspiration for yet another new book. As to the one you're working on, I'm excited for it to come out!

Stacy S said...

Congratulations Lucy! You've gotten some great news. Congrats to your daughter. Best of luck to her.

Glad you are getting better! Thanks for the win!

CrystalGB said...

Congratulations. What great news! I hope your daughter has a happy and healthy pregnancy. :)

Estella said...

Congratulations, Lucy!!

flchen1 said...

Congrats, Lucy, to your daughter and your family! What an exciting time!

Best wishes in the coming months, and immediately for good health!

Congrats, winners! :)

lidia said...

Lucy,

Very happy to hear that you are finally on the mend!

Congratulations on the nomination!

Special Congratulations to your dd, and the rest of the family on the newest addition. Your family is so full of love and life. That baby is very lucky!

And yes, DQ does a good job of keeping us entertained.

Sending many hugs your way!

Cryna said...

So glad that you are feeling better and on the mend.

Congratulations on your nomination, hope you win.

Super Congratulations to you on becoming a grandmother. I hope that your daughter has an easy pregnancy, and the baby is so lucky to be coming into such a loving family.

Hugs

Kelley Nyrae said...

So glad you're feeling better. BIG CONGRATS on becoming a grandma soon. What a happy time. I'm sitting here holding my new little girl as I type this. I love babies. They're such a blessing.

Lettetia said...

Hey, Dear Heart, I am so glad you are feeling a little better. Keep getting plenty of rest so we can plan an afternoon together again.

The RT nomination couldn't have happened to a nicer woman, and I know fans are looking forward to the next book in the series.

You are a terrible tease, you know. I cannot wait for Elle's story. When is it due to release again? Not soon enough I can tell you!

Congratulations and best wishes to everyone in the family. You are going to be a fabulous Gramma!

God bless you and yours.

Lucy Monroe said...

Huge smooches and thanks! Chantal...she's of French descent - so of course I had to spell her name right. LOL And Lidia...wait 'til you hear the name of the secondary hero and the heroine's mother's name.

I can't help it if my blog family finds its way into my subconscious - where my muse resides. :)

Feeling a teensy bit better today. I even did my hair. ;)

Brandy said...

Congratulations on many levels Lucy! The RT nomination in great! And You're feeling better AND you're welcoming another life into your family by becoming a (wonderful) grandmother. Congratultaions for the blessings you so deserve!

robynl said...

hi Grandma(doesn't that sound cool!!!) Sorry that you are not up to par but I'm not either. I've been fighting this cold and sinus problem since Dec. 19th. Take care.

Cole said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!!! Glad you are getting better feeling!

Cole

Janie said...

Congratulations on becoming a first time grandmother and the award nomination. Please get well soon and I am looking forward to hearing more about the new book.

deseng said...

Woohoo! That is fantastic Lucy! A big hearty congrats to you and your daughter!

Awww...I am sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. This is what I do to get over a cold fast. I take a zinc tablet everyday along with an ecchnicea vitamin everyday. Drink lot's of orange juice, eat chicken noodle soup, and my hubby makes me a toddy for the body. Mmmm....snore...

Michele L.

Michelle B said...

Congratulations, Lucy! I'm so glad 2008 is off to a great start for you and your family:)

Dena said...

Congratulations Lucy for the RT nomination and the baby news!! That's good she will finish her education.Nurses are in high demand and are are near and dear to my heart. My Mom was a nurse and I have many good friends that are nurses.

I hope you get better real soon.

Phyllis said...

Gammy,

MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING. WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!! May God continue to Bless and Keep you in His care. BIG HUGGS, p

p.s. Definitely looking forward to something else to read from you. lol

mammakim said...

Congrats on the new baby. I thought I sent an email for winning but I must have sent it to the wrong place?? Not sure. I will send it again. Thanks

Tina said...

congrates!!! how wonderful your gonna be the hottest grandma around... congrates!!

Nathalie said...

Congrats... grand-ma!!!!!!!

Lily said...

I love it how you are taking things the positive way!

tara said...

Hi Lucy!!
I have not stopped by in awhile and it looks like I have missed a lot. Let me first say** I hope you feel better soon!!** I read the post DQ did for New Years!! Great job!! She is beautiful!** and last (((((big hugs)))) Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family!!
hugs
tara

Cherie J said...

Congrats on the big news! How exciting! I just had a baby girl almost 15 months ago and she is so precious, such a blessing. Keep us up to date. Would love to know what she is having and what she will name the baby.

hme said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations Lucy! I'm glad you are feeling better too.

Serena said...

Hi Lucy,
What a lot of wonderful news. So glad you're finally feeling better. And an RT nomination - YAY!! And the best news of all - a grandchild. Babies are a blessing and I know this one will be loved, loved and loved some more.

Sending you a HUMUNGOUS hug from Down Under,
Serena
xx

Joyce said...

Congrats Lucy! Hope you feel better soon.

Jami Davenport said...

Congratulations, Lucy!!!!

I hope you are feeling better.