Sunday, November 18, 2007

Special Guest Blogger - Alan

Okay, this blog idea is really not my thing. And sh$#t, do you see the picture? According to everyone around here, he's supposed to be my doppleganger. Right. Me...a model/actor. I don't think so.

I'm a special agent pretending to be a reporter. I don't seriously write. That's not my gig and Lucy should know it, but here I am. She's kinda pushy, you know? Almost as bad as The Old Man, but then nobody beats Andrew "Whit" Whitmore for being downright manipulative and bossy. You remember how he brought me into the agency without even warning his daughter Beth? Well, he didn't warn me either...not that she was with another guy, nothing. I like my boss, but he's hell on my nerves sometimes.

And this new assignment is no exception. I'm living with a woman that makes my blood sizzle and that's not a good thing. Sex is a tool, a way to get what I need on a job. My pulse rate isn't supposed to be affected by the mere sight of a woman, much less her delectable scent. Did I just say delectable? D$#n...I am losing it. And it's all Whit's fault. He sent me up here to Vancouver B.C., knowing full well what I'd find. Who I'd find.

I'd swear The Old Man was match making, if I didn't know better. But an assignment isn't the place for personal feelings and he'd be the first one to say so.

They say there's an exception to every rule. I wonder if this time they're right?

20 comments:

Ann M. said...

Looking forward to your book as I do every book Lucy writes.

So did you behave for Lucy or make writing your story difficult?

Amy said...

Hi Alan, so nice of you to drop in and chat with us.
I am really looking forward to your story

Kelley Nyrae said...

Hi Alan. Can't wait for your book.

Jane said...

Nice to meet you.

Chantal said...

Hehe, the release date better hurry up and get here.

Special Guest said...

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. And Chantal...I'm looking forward to the book being out too. Then maybe Lucy will let me slide back into the shadows...where I most like to be.

My dear, Ann M...do I seem like a man would make things difficult for a lady? Even one who insists on seeing deeper inside me than I want anyone to go? Okay, so I may have balked a few times at revealing stuff she thought was necessary, but I'm a secret agent - not Dr. Phil, you know?

Alan

Ann M. said...

Can you tell us about your love? What was it that got you interested in her?

Brandy said...

November 27th can't come fast enough!

Cathy said...

Alan,

I can't wait to read your story. I feel as if I have been waiting forever.

Cathy

Phyllis said...

Alan
You are one amazing man. I thought you were a real **** but my opinion of you has really changed. You met your match and I'm happy for you.

Stacy~ said...

Oh this is going to be such a treat. Can't wait for DWT - I am so looking forward to it.

Jennifer said...

=) This put a huge smile on my face. (Though... Alan - you seemed a bit ... =O spazzy)

Kate Davies said...

Alan, Alan, Alan.

It's no use complaining. You know Lucy knows best. Just relax and go with the flow!

Angie-la said...

Ah, Alan! You seem like a fairly intelligent male. Don't you know resistance is futile? You may as well kick back, go with the flow and enjoy the ride that Lucy has planned for you!
(One I can't wait to read about, btw!! :P )

Lettetia said...

Alan, you know you secretly love the attention you get from all the females. Poo on your secret agent persona. You don't fool me, you tried to make me believe you didn't like Gavin either, but down deep he grew on you didn't he?

Who do you think the Old Man will pick on, I mean pair up, next? Any clues you want to reveal?

I know everyone is going to love your story as much as I did, but don't go putting on "airs" my man, stay humble just the way we love you.

Joni said...

Hi Alan! I'd think one would find it hard to work behind the scenes when they look like you do...simply yummy. I can't wait until your story arrives. Counting down the days, hours, minutes. I'm still waiting to read Beth and Ethan's story in the book Satisfaction Guaranteed that I ordered from Amazon (bookstores around me are 50 miles away) where you are introduced. And don't be so hard on yourself as it seems you are, just hard on Jill teehee!

Joni

Susan said...

Hi Alan!

You are definitely one good looking man! I am really looking forward to your story.

Judy F said...

Hi Alan, your story was smoking hot...Lucy took real good care of you

Estella said...

Hi, Alan. Am looking forward to reading your book.

Special Guest said...

Wow...thanks. I'm glad you're all interested in reading the story. ;)

Ann M...did you say *love*? That's not an emotion I'm going to succumb to. At least not for another "civilian". I learned my lesson twice on that one.

Phyllis...one thing I've learned playing different parts for so many assigments is that people are rarely as they first appear.

Kate and Angie-La...I have learned something else about certain women like Lucy and well...Jillian...and that is *you* are right. Resistance *is* futile.

Lettetia...I saw The Old Man giving Elle a strange look the other day. Don't know what that means, but if I were in her shoes, I'd watch out for one of his "little plans".

And Joni...just between you and me, I don't mind being *hard* on Jillian at all. ;)