Sunday, November 04, 2007

Party All Month!!!

I promised yesterday that I'd post today about some of the uber fun and cool stuff I've got planned for the release of DEAL WITH THIS - which will be on bookstore shelves in 23 days. Okay, can you tell I'm just a tad excited??? It's going to be a month long party - believe me. :)

First, a dear friend and book reviewer is hosting a Lucy Day on her blog tomorrow ~ Monday, Nov 5th! She's even providing the prizes (my books - but she's giving them away, not me - too nice, huh?). So, please drop by her blog and say hey and get yourself eligible to win a free book. :)

Second, I'm going to be posting *brand new* snippet excerpts once a week until the release of the book. Look for the first one tomorrow!

Third, I'll be giving away weekly blog prizes as usual, but in addition to free books and chocolate - I'll be giving away a signed cover flat of DEAL WITH THIS and a beaded book thong made by the wonderful Tisa to each weekly winner. The bead bookmarks are absolutely gorgeous!

Fourth, I'll be guest blogging all over the net and giving away more prizes (as usual) - watch this space for announcement of blogs I'll be visiting with links to my posts.

Fifth, for the first time in a long while - I'm having a couple of chats. I'll be chatting on Between Your Sheets on Nov 27 and Writerspace on Nov 29. Please visit my Appearances and Chats page on my website for links. Will I be giving away prizes? What do you think? It's in my genes...my mom and sisters all love to give presents - I just take the next natural step and do tons of prizes for my readers too. LOL

Sixth, I'm sponsoring contests with special, bigger prizes in several places - Romance Junkies Book Club, Circle of Seven Productions MySpace page, Fresh Fiction, Author Island and of course LucyMonroe.com.

Seventh, I've got something neat for those of you who want to be involved in the party - besides just winning prizes. If you have a blog or a website and are anywhere near as excited about the release of DEAL WITH THIS as I am - you can help me get the word out in a very fun way!

I paid big bucks to have Circle of Seven productions produce a book trailer. (Remember the folks that won a Cameo for me on the book trailer for Moon Awakening?) The DEAL WITH THIS trailer will be playing as a 30 second commercial on numerous TV stations, but I'd love to see it played all over the net as well. That's where YOU come in.

Post my book trailer along with a link to my website to your blog and/or website between now and December 8th and I will give you a unique wallpaper designed just for my friends doing this. In addition, if you email me your mailing address, I'll send you a signed cover flat of DEAL WITH THIS, my newest bookmark and a Goddard Project pen - and of course a wee bit of chocolate. To get your goodies, all you have to do is send me an email with a link to your website and/or blog featuring the video between now and December 8th along with your mailing address if you want the cover flat, etc. and I'll send you back the wallpaper and as well as the other goodies later via snail mail.

It's easy as pie to feature the video on your website or blog. Simply go to my website and watch the video clip - the menu displays when it is over, or click on menu on the clip display. Then click on "Copy to Clipboard" below the "Embed" option on the right. Paste that code into the html of your blog or webpage and voila...you've got an embedded image for the video. Just don't forget to add a line below or above it linking back to my website so if people are interested in more info on the book, they can get it. :) Seriously easy, right?

Also, feel free to share this invitation with as many people as you like!

I'll be posting as events come up with links so that you all can participate in everything...so as my Brit friends say, "Watch this space!"

Hugs,
Lucy

P.S. This week's blog winner (drawn by my oldest daughter as opposed to Drama Queen ::g::) is: Phyllis - who just happens to be the coordinator for Romance Junkies Book Club. Neat, huh? Hon, I'll get your prize off in the mail ASAP! And since I'm feeling generous, I'll send out a second prize to RobynL - also drawn by that beautiful oldest daughter of mine. LOL Robin...Please email me with your mailing address so I can send you your goodies.

27 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! You've got a ton of things planned for this month! I CAN'T wait for when DEAL WITH THIS comes out - It sounds so great!

You're going to be giving away chocolate?? And free books?? Those two are my favorite things in the world, lol!

Stacy S said...

Man, your going to be busy! It all sounds great. Can't wait for Deal With This.

Dev said...

Thanks, Lucy! I've posted and sent you an email.

Amy said...

I am really looking forward to Deal With This. It sound's like you have an exciting month planned for us all.
And just think we are being rewarded for doing something we love to do and that is to share books by our favorite authors with other fans.

catslady said...

Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to it.

orelukjp0 said...

Congrats Lucy.
Can't wait for Deal With This to come out.

Virginia said...

Congrads Phillis and Roblyn L. Lucy sound like you are really going to be busy. This sounds like a great party.

Stacy~ said...

Sounds like a blast, and I am getting antsy waiting for DWT, but some things are definitely worth the wait :)

lidia said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Lucy, you're going to be very busy this month. The party sounds wonderful!

To get this blog into party mode, I'll leave behind the following cyber-goodies: Brownies, strawberries and some Prosecco -- enjoy! :-)

anne said...

What a great month! Sounds wonderful. Thanks for this fun.

Chantal said...

Oh, my gosh! How exciting!

Lettetia said...

Hey, Dear Lady,

I posted your book trailer on my MySpace page and am putting it on my Bebo page as well so everyone can see just how sexy the story will is. I know they will love the book as much as I did.

Good Luck with all of your endeavors. You do like to keep busy, don't you?

Kate Davies said...

Party! Party! Party!

You know I'll be here. With bells on. :)

Looking forward to the celebration!

Shari C said...

DEAL WITH THIS sounds terrific and I am looking forward to the excerpts to learn even more. I have enjoyed your books in the past including THE REAL DEAL and am sure I will find your new one just as wonderful.

This month sounds exciting for you and also us, the readers. Looking forward to all the fun..and, of course, the great gifts of books and chocolate...WOW!

CrystalGB said...

Wow, you are going to be busy. Sounds like a great schedule. :)

Stefanie said...

Sounds like this is going to be a great but busy month for you.
I love party's, so I'll be here!
Oh, and 'Deal with this' sounds very very good! :D

Laura K said...

Thanks for the invite, Lucy. I'm going to check on your blog and bookmark it now to my favs!

Susan said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles for DEAL WITH THIS to come out!

Talk about a exciting and busy month. It sounds like it's going to be full of fun!

ptclayton said...

Wow you are giving away things that people just can't pass up i am not a blogger i have only blogged one other time and that is it ,,i guess due to age and other things i don't have links or anywhere else to post i just have im's and e-mails that i do ...I do wish you success and you already have that as you have children which are the best,,,,

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, everyone! My contribution to the party? Cyber chocolate, until you win some real stuff. :)

Jennifer Y. said...

Very cool! Can't wait!

Brandy said...

Yay! Lot's of fun things before Deal With This is released!

Gail R said...

Chocolate and a great book to read! Now that's a way to a ladies heart. Looking forward to reading the newest release.

robynl said...

congrats Phyllis and thanks so much for my win also. This is awesome. Thanks to oldest daughter!!!

Cherie J said...

Congrats to the winners! Sounds like it is going to be a busy month.

anne said...

A fun month which is great. Deal with this sounds wonderful.

kim h said...

wtg winners