Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Guest Blogger - Patti Shenberger

Hey Lucy, thanks so much for letting my “pimp” myself on your blog!!! I was so excited when Lucy asked me to guest blog as I am new to the whole world of blogging. And to be on Lucy’s makes it all the more surreal. She is one of my favorite authors (no, I’m not just saying that – it’s true). Plus I got her to agree to come to the Greater Detroit RWA (I’m the current President) and talk next year, so it was a double yippee!!!

And if that isn’t enough my latest release Take No Prisoners has just come out Nov 14th from the Wild Rose Press. Take No Prisoners is a story of reunited lovers gone wrong (G) Frankie and Jake were the perfect couple back in high school, now they can barely say a civil word to one another, so is it really Frankie’s fault when she comes home to “pretend” marry the Sheriff of Harmony that it turns out to be Jake? Watch the sparks fly between the two. So if a man in uniform does the trick for you, pick up Take No Prisoners and sit a spell in Harmony. This was one of my favorite books to write. I love small home town settings and the characters that go along with them.

My first release with WRP, A Miracle Through Time, came out in May. This year has brought many wonderful things to me and I’m grateful for every one. And in early 2008, my third book with WRP will be released. The Laird’s Lady, a contemporary ghost story with an American heroine who inherits a castle in Scotland only to find it inhabited by a ghost who can’t pass on. If you like men wearing kilts, then this one is for you! And o f course, can’t forget my very first release ever, Womb For Rent, with Hard Shell Word Factory. I recently attained RWA PAN status with that book on my own.

I have been busy writing since I returned home from the Emerald City Conference at the end of October. Have projects going for two agents and one editor and would be thrilled to sign with any of the three of them (hint, hint). Didn’t get the chance to say, "Hi," in person to Lucy as she didn’t go this year. But I had a fabulous time, made a lot of new friends, promoted the heck out of my books and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Even the red-eye flight back! With the release of my books, I also decided it was time to invest in a web page of my own. Please stop by http://www.pattishenberger.com/ and check it out. Sign my guestbook if you have a minute to spare. I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks again for letting me yap today with all of you. I had a great time!!! Thanks Lucy, you’re the best!! Patti

17 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Welcome Patti! Good luck with your story - it sounds like a fun one :)

Susan said...

Hello Patti!
Take No Prisoners sounds great. A man in uniform is hard for me to resist! :)

Lesa~Dragon said...

Hello Patty (and Lucy too!)

Congrats on the new release and on snagging Lucy for your 2008 Conference. I look forward to reading it (even have it printed out already) as soon as I catch up with my NaNoWriMo totals.

We're very pleased to hear you had a great time at the Emerald City conference this year, and hope you'll come to see us in 2008.

Jane said...

Hi Patti,
Congrats on your new book.

Estella said...

You are a new author to me. I will be looking for your books now.

Lucy Monroe said...

Welcome, Patti! Like a lot of other readers, I love a hero in uniform. :) I'm so hoping this book does well for you. And I'm really looking forward to coming to Detroit next year!

I'm off to Christmas shop at the Outlet Mall with my big sis! You all have a great day...I'll tell you all about it when I get back. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Amy said...

Hi Patti. Take No Prisoners soulds like a wonderful book. I will have to look for a copy

Kate Davies said...

Patti!

I remember you from some loops back in the day, and I'm thrilled to see your success! Congrats on your new release. It looks fabulous!

Stefanie said...

Hi Patti, "Take no prisoners" sounds awsome! I'll be looking for a copy. ;-)

Brandy said...

Patti, sounds like it's been a great year Congratulations on your new release! Who can say no to a man in uniform? *G*

Patti Shenberger said...

Staci and Susan, thanks for the kind words! It was really a fun one to write. I loved having a soap opera diva as my heroine. Frankie was a trip, that's for sure!! And a man in uniform only makes the package double fun! Patti

Patti Shenberger said...

Lesa, thanks for stopping by and for helping people find me! Computer literacy is not my strong suit :) Thanks so much for printing out Take No Prisoners. And best of luck on NaNo. And if all goes well you will see me back at the EC next year (if diane Lutz will put me up again!(G)

Patti Shenberger said...

Jane and Estella, thank you so much for popping by and reading my blog. It means alot to me. I hope you enjoy reading Take No Prisoners as much as I had writing it!

Patti

Patti Shenberger said...

Amy, you can find a ton of great books at www.thewildrosepress.com - of course mine is there as well (G) I do hope you enjoy it! Patti

Patti Shenberger said...

Kate, thanks for recognizing my name. Does that make me old if you remember me from the past (G) I certainly hope not. It was a long time between books 1, and then 2,3,4. I definitely hope to follow it with 5,6,7 if at all possible this year.
Patti

Patti Shenberger said...

Stefanie and Brandy, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the time you took to read my blog here. And a man in uniform is just the ticket to warm up a cold night!
Take care, Patti

Patti Shenberger said...

Lucy, thank you again for the chance to blog on your site! I loved it! As some of you may know, yesterday I sent my son off to the Army Boot Camp, and a day full of tears. Today is better, but I'm still a bit weepy. I will pull it together, I promise. So thanks again and I'm off to work on my next book.
You're the best!!! Patti