Monday, November 19, 2007

Deal With This Excerpt #3

DEAL WITH THIS
Excerpt #3 by Lucy Monroe ©2007
Kensington Brava - November 27, 2007
ISBN 0-7582-1180-5


Alan walked into the workout room, wearing nothing but a pair of swim shorts. Jillian was already down there. She had a short toweling robe on over her swimsuit. She'd brought down a folding chair that reclined, the kind that people used outdoors. The seat cushion and back were padded, but the frame was made of metal tubing.

She'd also lit a couple of candles near the whirlpool and one bank of lights were off, only the dimmer ones in this end of the room were on.

Her eyes hotly devoured him before she veiled her gaze with a sweep of her lashes. Then she waved her arm to indicate the chair and candles and gave him an oddly shy smile. "I wanted to set the mood."

"Like the spa?"

"As close to, yes. After all, I'm trying to convert you, right?"

"I don't think it'll work, no matter how much I enjoy the massage," he felt compelled to tell her.

"That's all right. Think of it as research into the lifestyle of your subject matter, regardless."

He wasn't sure he could think of anything but the delectable woman in front of him once she started touching him, but he nodded in agreement anyway.

And he was right. Once Jillian's fingertips connected with his face, he stopped thinking about the case, research or even pretending to be an uninterested reporter. He couldn't help moaning as she began her massage at his temples, moving to his cheekbones with fluid, sensuous strokes that sent his dick into model rocket mode. Straight, perpendicular and ready to shoot toward the stars.

He didn't know how long she touched his face before she moved to his head and then his neck, but when she was done, relaxation and sexual hunger vied for dominance over his confused neurons. The scent of Jillian's own arousal was not helping. Her hips were too close to his head and the fragrance of her feminine nectar teased his nostrils until they were flared like an animal in heat.

"What do you think?" she asked in a husky tone.

"If I got this kind of treatment weekly, I'd be too turned on to concentrate."

She gasped. "I'm not trying to excite you."

"I'm not actively trying to excite you either, but I'd say I'm doing a good job."

She made a choking sound and her hands fell away from his neck. "I...uh...I think, I'd better skip the whirlpool. I've, um, I've got things to do."

And she whirled away from him and out of the workout room before Alan could move from his chair. It took iron will and self-control to tamp down the primal instinct to chase his prey and assert his masculine victory in the most basic way.

Damn. Why had he agreed to this in the first place?He did soak in the bubbling waters of the hot tub, but they did nothing to assuage his growing hunger for the gorgeous redhead. He wanted her. His body cried for her and he didn't know how long he was going to be able to ignore its clamoring demands.

13 comments:

Stacy S said...

It sounds great! Can't wait to get it.

Amy said...

Hot! Hot! Hot! I am going nut's here waiting.

Stefanie said...

That sounds sooooo good! I want it, now!!

Susan said...

Hot! Terrific excerpt, Lucy!

Estella said...

Great excerpt!

Brandy said...

Whew! 'Scuse me while I go turn on my air conditioning. *g*

Jane said...

Keep the excerpts coming.

Cherie J said...

Great excerpt!

tara said...

Wow Lucy!!
ALAN is so...yummy!!
such great heat between the two!!
Thank you for the excerpt! Are you going to post a 4th?? lol
7 days and waiting...*g*
hugs...tara

Lucy Monroe said...

Thank you ALL! Big smooches to everyone and yes, Tara-love, I'll definitely be posting another excerpt - just before the release. :)

Laurie D. said...

Lucy,

Great excerpt!

I'm practically itchy while waiting on this one - can't wait to get my hands on it!

Nathalie said...

Merci :)

tam said...

OMG! This is really good!