Saturday, October 20, 2007

Stuck in the Airport

Well, the flight home got cancelled. (Broken spring in the landing gear - imagine that.) Honestly, I'm glad it got cancelled. Better late than as broken as the plane, or worse. You know? Anyway, we're going to be a few hours late getting home. But the good news is Reno's airport has Wi-Fi connection. Cool, huh???

More good news is that the delay has allowed me to get 15 more pages written on my current WIP. I wrote the first black moment (you all know my books often have more than one) yesterday and the aftermath today. Things just keep getting more complicated for Phoebe and Spiros. She's just discovered that Dimitri was blackmailed into going through with the marriage and she is one POed lady. Spiros is already on her list for playing with her affections, or at least that's the way she sees it. You know from TBPM that they end up married. But how they get there? Very rocky and it isn't going to be smooth sailing after that either.

Ooops...got to go get our bags and re-book on another airline. I may add to this - or I may not. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

14 comments:

Judy F said...

you are a tease. Can't wait to read more.

Have a safe flight hope

Amy said...

If the airplane had to have problems I am gald they found them before you were on the flight.
I love the teaser for you WIP. I can hardly wait to hear more

Brandy said...

Ooh, teasers! *G* Fun!
I hope you were able to get home on a safer plane!

AmyC said...

That is good they found the problem. I've never had a flight cancelled. Delayed for hours, and that can be very trying with a 3 year old way past bedtime!

Hope the second flight got you and your hubby home safe and well.

Nathalie said...

Writing in the airport... how cool!

Glad you're flight was cancelled... brokwn wing!?!

Lily said...

Brandy is right... love those teasers!!

Susan said...

Wow, writing in the airport. I hope you don't find you do your best work there! :-)

Stacy~ said...

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. I'm thrilled you've written so much while stranded at the airport, but this is killing me LOL. I want, I want.

Hope you have a safe trip home.

Estella said...

Am looking forward to the book!

jenna said...

Love your great writing. Have a safe and easy trip back home.

Amy said...

Hi Lucy, I hope you had a safe trip back home. I was just looking at your upcoming books. I have the UK version of The Ranchers Rules but I was looking at the cover of the US version that will be out in Dec and noticed that it has the same cover as The Italian's Suitable Wife. I have alway's loved that cover

pearl said...

Hope that your flight home was smooth and easy. Interesting ideas that you have created.

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Sorry about the tease...um, maybe??? We made it home safe and sound and it's very, very good to be here. :)

Chantal said...

Yikes, thats scary about the plane. I'm glad they found out about it early enough. Phew!

I LOVE the sneak peak into what is happening during your CWIP.