Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Story Prep & Inspiration

So, I just finished the preparation for my current WIP. I've been working on it for the last two days; plotting, plumbing the depths of my characters and organizing my thoughts with a plethora of paper and sticky notes. It feels so good to have this many thoughts swirling in my head again, to plot and immediately see underlying messages that must be subtly revealed, to hear my characters speak in voices unique to them. Ah, the joy of creation.

I also thought it would be fun to share my progress on this story with you all. So, as soon as I can figure out how to get the "Word-ometer" on the page, you'll get a first hand view of my daily progress in writing. Sound fun?

I didn't forget that I promised to share my inspiration pics for this book and my last one either. Here they are:


For Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress
Summer '08
He wants her to find him a wife, she wants him to realize she's the woman for him.
Amir's Inspiration

Grace's Inspiration
For The Greek Tycoon's Discarded Bride
to be included in a M&B Anthology Sept '08.
She wants so much more than a marriage of convenience, but he's offering anything but love.

Spiros' Inspiration
Phoebe's Inspiration

What do you think? Anyone recognize the inspiration pic for Spiros? Hint, he's an actor.

Hugs to you all!
Lucy

16 comments:

Brandy said...

Ok, I admit it, I have no idea who he is. BUT, VERRRRRRY nice! *g* Hope you had a good day!

Chantal said...

Phoebe is adorable! I can almost picture her personality just looking at her. It will be neat to see if she is really the way I think she might be.
Very cool to see your inspirations.
I have no idea who Spiros is, he sure is handsome though.

Susan said...

This is going to drive me crazy, he looks so familiar! Anyway he is very very good looking.

Estella said...

I have no idea who he is, but he's gorgeous!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL This is fun! Keep trying...maybe I'll come up with something special to give to the the first person to correctly identify him. :)

Amy said...

The guy who you envisioned as Spiros sort of looks like Brando Routh who played Superman in The Super Man Returns movie. Not sure if it is him or not. If it is he looks a lot sexier in the photo you provided.

Lucy Monroe said...

It's not him, but good guess. :)

Stacy~ said...

Yep, these are inspiring. I love how they're pictures of people you don't see a lot, some different faces. I have no clue who the actor is - now it's going to drive me crazy...

Lucy Monroe said...

I'll give you all over the weekend and then put you out of your *misery* on Monday. LOL

Susan said...

The whole weekend?! The torture!

Please give us a hint. Is it a current picture or an older one?

Judy F said...

Luca Argentero

Lettetia said...

Mmmmmm, I am stumped as well. Can't place where I have seen him.

I love the photo of your sheikh! Yumm, now I will have a great visual for the book when I read it!

Have a lovely weekend, dear friend. Talk with you soon!

Lucy Monroe said...

Judy! I was waiting for you to chime in. :) And yep, you are so right. So...you know, you need something special for this and for sending me the pic in the first place. I bet you didn't remember doing that...it was months and months ago. :)

Email me and we'll work out a prize for you as I think you have all my books. LOL But my prize shelves in my storage closet are full for just such a purpose as this. :)

Susan said...

Judy,
Thank you for releasing me from my misery! :)

Judy F said...

I know my hotties. LOL

Amy said...

I am so glad someone finally knew who he was. It has been driving me nuts!