Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lucy's On the Radio...

Well, the internet radio anyway. But really, this was kind of a big deal. I filled in for...gasp...Christine Feehan on Phil Harris' All Things that Matter Internet talk radio show. He interviewed both Lori Foster and myself and it was tons of fun. If you've got the time, stop by and listen to the podcast. You can let me know if you think I sound like an idiot, or not. LOL

I'm inches away from finishing my current book and man, am I loving these characters. It's the story that comes after Hawk's book (so many readers asked for that one, I couldn't not write his story ::g::). This one is about the sheikh who was *supposed* to marry Hawk's woman before he got to her. Amir is one sexy alpha hero and it's really fun to watch his very ordinary personal assitant bring him to his royal knees. Readers get to visit Zorha again (Khalil's country - the hero from my novella in Hot Desert Nights) and see both Khalil and Jade as well as meet the oldest brother. He's a tortured hero that has a story that has to be told for sure...just when, I don't know.

I'll try to remember to post the character inspiration pics I used for this couple once I've finished the story (really it's so close to done I can taste the final ink). If I forget, remind me. You are all going to love this hero. :) Speaking of inspiration, it's been a while since we chatted about guys we think would make good physical or personality inspirations for my heroes. Any suggestions? If you include a url I can visit, I'll be oh so grateful. JudyF is keeping me supplied daily with inspiration, but it's fun to see what everyone else thinks too.

And of course, it's time for me to give away a blog prize...what do you think? Something related to the hero pics...oh, I've got it. Everyone can have this one. I've created a one page 2008 calendar with color images of Brava book covers that show some very sexy heroes...my four personal favorites. It's a printable pdf file. Cool, huh? You can download it here.

Hugs and happy reading!
Lucy

8 comments:

Stacy~ said...

As I'm just reading Khalil's & Jade's story now, I can't wait for Amir's story! Sounds divine. And I'm a sucker for a good tortured hero.

Lucy I will have to find some pics to send to you, ones Judy hasn't already sent LOL. And in case I forgot to mention it,ahem, I am a big fan of cover model Nathan Kamp.

Thank you for our prize - definitely makes 2008 a year to look forward to ;)

Susan said...

I'm looking forward to this book! And no you didn't sound like an idiot, just the opposite.

I printed out the 2008 calendar. It looks great!

Kelley Nyrae said...

I was so bummed I missed calling in for this but I'll check it out now. How cool.

Can't wait for the new book. I LOVED a good tortured hero. There's just something about them.

Estella said...

Great calendar!

Judy F said...

I have to keep one of my favorite authors inspired.... Stacy loves Nathan...

I can't wait to read any book your write

Amy said...

Hi Lucy, I just listened to your and Lori's interview. They were great and I am really looking forward to the upcoming releases. I think the project you and Lori and the other author's are doing to benefit the women's shelter is wonderful. I love the calendar

lidia said...

Lucy,

I must be losing it -- which one is Hawk's story?

Didn't have a chance to look at the calendar -- but am sure that it must be great based on the other comments.

Lucy Monroe said...

Stacy...thanks! Hope you are liking it. I had to re-read it so I could write this story and not make any boo-boos. LOL And as for the dedication...it is so totally deserved by you both! Smooches!

Thanks, Susan! That is a relief. :) Seriously. You never know if you sound like you think you do.

Kelley...I felt like an idiot for not posting it to the blog before the interview, but it was such a last minute thing. Next time! Phil said he'd have me back. :)

JudyF...are you laughing still over the fact I had no clue who JBJ was? But he is hot. LOL

Thanks, Amy! I'm way excited about that book too! I can't wait to see the cover. :)

Lidia...Hawk's book is my first HP in 2008 (it's going to be called Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess)...only problem, he's a multi-millionaire, not a billionaire, but who's counting? ;-) She's a virgin anyway and a princess. And forbidden. LOL

Thanks to everyone who liked the calendar! I'll try to do more fun stuff like that for readers this year. Maybe make some wallpaper and screensavers and stuff. :)

Hugs to all,
Lucy