Friday, October 05, 2007

Guest Blogger - Shelley Bradley/Shayla Black

Good morning! Lucy invited me to blog, at your suggestion. Thanks much for recommending me! Here’s a few words about my latest release. Hope you enjoy!

DECADENT – Berkley Heat
(October 2007)
By Shayla Black

Two men are better than one…

How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who’s been her friend and secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh-so inadequate.

Determined to prove she’s woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can’t bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else’s arms. So Deke and his super-sexy friend, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she’s saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns, he’s not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That’s Deke, and he can’t resist when Kimber begs for more–and more…

Reviews:

Top Pick! Hot sex scenes, a strong yet innocent heroine, two devastatingly sexy heroes and enough danger, intrigue and tragic pasts to keep the pages turning. What more could a reader ask for? Black even delivers a happy ending. The last few pages are sure to satisfy even the most romantically-inclined fan. This book is a pleasure to read, and satisfying on every level.” ~ Romantic Times

“I loved Wicked Ties, so I didn’t think that I could enjoyed Decadent even more, AND I DID!!! Decadent put you on my forever list of auto-buy authors (and for that matter an auto-recommend to my customers)!!!! You truly have a gift for writing - and writing HOT! ;-) There are very few erotic romance authors out there who write such complex characters (and storyline) without making it seem contrived! Bravo to you for being one of THE *best* out there! You are so talented in writing true emotion.” ~ Tina Trevaskis - Borders Romance Expert

5 out of 5! “Shayla Black’s Decadent will leave you breathless and panting. She has written an excellent book with believable characters and some sizzling hot sex. This book has a great plot and is told magnificently. Ms Black definitely has a talent for deep emotional scenes with an underlying love story. Decadent is not a book to be missed and is one for the keeper shelf.” ~ Two Lips Reviews

For excerpts and book video, visit my website and blog.

Now...let's talk...have you ever read a menage romance or been curious about one?
**Shelley is also giving away a signed copy of Decadent to a randomly drawn winner from the comments on this post.

26 comments:

Stacy S said...

I just bought this book Thusday. Its really good. I've read acouple of books were they had another person with them. Not quite like this one though.

Shelley-Shayla said...

Stacy, glad you enjoyed the book! I wanted to write a different sort of menage book, so I'm thrilled you found it unlike others.

Shelley/Shayla

AmyC said...

Hi Shelley!! I read Wicked Ties the other day! I've been meaning to send you a message! It was great! SOme super, hot scenes in there!! I have Decadent (it was in my RAW bag...woohoo) I know I am going to enjoy Deke and Luc!!
I have read menages. Lora Leigh's WIzard Twins were the first I ever read and those two are still my favorites so far! But I think I'm really going to like Decadent! ;)

Chantal said...

Oh, yes. I have read many. I can never pass up a good menage book.
I have Decandent in my TBR pile, and I'll be reading it soon.
That cover is great!

Angie-la said...

Welcome Shelley!!
I am a regular lurker on your blog. It is so cool to see you here.
I have a few of your books already...my faves are 'Naughty Little Secret", 'Strip Search' and 'Bound and Determined". I am totally looking forward to reading 'Decadent'...your glimpses of Luc and Deke through the months preceding the release have been most.....interesting, shall we say!
I read Colter's Woman by Maya Banks. It was the first time I ever read a story where the menage relationship was the main focus of the book. I completely enjoyed it.

ruth said...

Hi Shelley! Your writing is wonderful and I have enjoyed your great books. All the best.

Cherie J said...

My first was from Lora Leigh's Wizard Twin series and it was great! Welcome Shelley! I have been hearing great things about Decadent. Got to run now. Heading out of town. Monday is my birthday and my baby is girl is turning one years old October 10th so we are having a big party at my Mom and Dad's house tomorrow. n Got a 9 hour drive to do.

Shelley-Shayla said...

Amy C, Glad you enjoyed Wicked Ties. Decadent has some super hot stuff, too. LOL. I surely hope you enjoy it!

Chantal, I enjoy menage books too and have read many. Thanks for having me in your TBR! Psst, I love the cover too.

Angie-la, I like lurkers, but feel free to post too. Interesting leading up to release... I do strive for interesting. I've enjoyed Maya Banks' menage books, too. Decadent is constructed differently, but with some similar themes. Hope you like it!

Ruth, thank you!! That totally makes my day!

Cherie, happy birthday!

Lucy Monroe said...

Shelley/Shayla...welcome! I love different and it sounds like I've got another book I'm going to have to order...like right now. :) Menage works best for me as a reader when all three protagonists love each other and are intimate with one another. But I've read a few where that is not the case and the story is still really powerful.

Vivi Anna said...

Shelley, I'm almost spewed pop out of my nose because I thought your question asked if anyone HAS HAD a menage...not read one.

tee-hee...and I just about put my hand up too.

Shelley-Shayla said...

Lucy, a menage book, when it's good, can be so powerful. I asked a lot of readers what the appeal was for them. Yes, the fantasy of 2 men wanting you, or being attractive to 2 hot men. Another person suggested that after putting out all day--not sexually, but to juggle job, life, kids, etc.--menage is a great fantasy of people taking care of you. Another someone mentioned the strength of the bond that must be shared when at least 2 people include a third. It could feel like infidelity if the connection isn't strong.

So many menage books are about the how of menages. I really wanted to explore why in Decadent. So I think the book is a bit different. I can say it was sinfully fun to write.

Vivi, you wicked, wicked woman! LOL

CrystalG said...

Hi Shelley/Shayla. Yes, I have read several menage stories. Decadent sounds great.

Estella said...

I have read two menage stories. Decadent aounds great.

tam said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this book!!!!

Meljprincess said...

Hi Shelley,
I've read nothing but good things about DECADENT. I'm looking forward to reading it. I do believe it's going to make me wet where I sit down. *g*

Amy said...

Hi Shelly, You are a new author to me. So I have not read any of your books as of yet. But after reading your blog on Decadent, I know I will be buying a copy this weekend.

Kate Davies said...

Shelley,

Great to see you on Lucy's blog! I've just started reading menage books in the last year or so (thanks, Samhain! LOL), and am really looking forward to picking up a copy of Decadent.

Cathy said...

wow Lucy, you picked the perfect guest. Shayla, congrats on all the fantastic reviews for Decadent. You are on my wish list girl, and I can't wait to read it.

Sue A. said...

I've read many menage romances. For me the appeal is in more than the taboo sex. I like to explore the dynamics of being emotionally connected to two men at the same time and having to deal with issues of jealousy, insecurity and societal mores.

Emma Holly's Menage is a favorite as it explores a triangle where the men are also bi.

Nathalie said...

I have never read any menage story... and I am not sure if I would read one... maybe if I won one?

Lily said...

Looks really hot!! but I don't know if I can handle the extra heat.

Jenn said...

Hey Shelly! I read Wicked Ties a few months back an loved it. I was waiting for a new book to come out. I read Bound and Determind and have Strip Search in my tbr pile. I have to say that your books go a little farther than what I normally read but you do a great job with bondage and menage in your stories. I really love how there is a great story and not just hot sex. Can't wait to read Decadent.

Shelley-Shayla said...

Crystal and Estella, I hope you enjoy Decadent. Thanks for the comment.

Tam, I heard others were looking forward to it, too. I hoping it's everything you were waiting for!

Mel, hi! Wet isn't all bad... *g*

Amy, Great! Crossing my fingers that you like it.

Hi, Kate! Fancy seeing another Samhellion! I really enjoyed Taking the Cake... Yummy!

Cathy, I hope you get the wish off your list and enjoy!

Shelley/Shayla
www.shaylablack.com

Jen in WA said...

I love a good menage story. I often suggest Colters' Woman to people who haven't tried one before since it's not all about the sex. I also like Persuading Jo since the heroine is a full-figured girl.

Shelley-Shayla said...

Jenn, Glad you enjoyed Wicked Ties. Bound and Determined and Strip Search are more traditional romances than WT. You'll still find them very sexy, but definitely monogamous romantic relationships. That said, I keep hearing from readers that the heat in Decadent is off the charts... *g*

Jen in Wa, I agree that Colters' Woman is a great example of a menage that's not all about sex. I can't read--or write--a book that's (for lack of a better word) a humpfest. I write erotic with a very romantic slant. Hot, but emotional. Hope that helps. I haven't tried the other title you mentioned. I'll look for it.

Lucy Monroe said...

And the winners are:

For Lucy's prize pack - AmyC!!!

For Shayla's signed DECADENT - CrystalG!!!

Congrats ladies. AmyC, email me off my website with your mailing address and I'll get your prize out early next week. :)

CrystalG, email Shayla off her website (link in her original blog post) with your mailing address so she can send you DECADENT.

Thanks to EVERYONE for making Shelley/Shayla feel welcome. There's a reason you are all my homegirls. You know?

xoxoxo