Friday, October 12, 2007

46 Days and Counting...

Until what you ask?

Until Deal With This is in stores!!! Okay, so I'm a little excited about the release of this book. Can I tell you all that I'm proud of it? I took some risks and I'm thankful Kate Duffy at Brava was cool with that. The story itself was a lot of fun and one of the things that kept me writing through some of the darkest times this last year. Like with all my books, there are spots of humor I'm so hoping my readers get. I understand that my sense of humor can be a little unfathomable at times. ;-) The romance is hot, both physically and emotionally - though neither character is ready for the emotional side. How like life that is. We are so rarely ready for the big changes when they happen...either good or bad. :) And while both Alan and Jillian tend to see the changes coming at them as unsettling, they are very good indeed.

And it's a story tons of readers have emailed me to request or mentioned at chats, etc. You remember Jillian, don't you? Amanda's best friend from The Real Deal...the red-head who helped Amanda dismantle the big screen TV and send it crashing to the floor? Well, this is her story...and Alan's. He's been in a couple of books. Most recently in Satisfaction Guaranteed, but he played a bit role in Moon Magnetism (my novella in Star Quality) as well. Can you guess who he was? I'll give you a hint...he wasn't going by his real name - he was in town as an FBI agent undercover, though no one realized it. Blake realized he was more than he seemed though - it was a good thing for him that Ivy didn't.

So, can you guess who Alan was in Moon Magnetism?

13 comments:

Brandy said...

I can't wait until this book is released!
As for Alan's character in Moon Magnetism, I'll have to go back and reread it again, never a hardship with your stories Lucy! *g*

Amy said...

I am not sure who Alan was in Moon Magnetism without re-reading the book but I am thinging maybe he was Ed the ex boyfriend.

Estella said...

I am looking forward to this book!

Judy F said...

Ed would be my guess too.

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Amy & JudyF are right! It is Ed and the relationship with Ivy impacts Alan in a way that affects his future, but you'll have to read DWT to know how. :)

Amy said...

I really liked Alan in Satisfaction Guaranteed so I am really looking forward to Deal With This. I will have to re-read SG before DWT comes out to re-freshen my memory on all the characters.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I can't wait for this one. I've been waiting for Jillian to have a story since The Real Deal!

Lucy Monroe said...

You want the truth? I was as excited to write Jillian's story (finally) and Alan's as anyone could possibly be to read them. LOL I really, really, REALLY wanted to dig deeper into both these characters and remember, I knew when I was writing Ed that he was Alan. If that makes any sense. ;-)

Amy said...

It totally makes sence. I re-read Moon Magnetism yesterday and I am re-reading Satisfaction Guaranteed right now. I will re-read The Real Deal sometime this week so the character's will be fresh in my mind when Deal With This comes out in Nov

Stacy~ said...

Now I'll have to go re-read the story to refresh my memory. I'm super excited for DWT, that's for sure.

Lucy Monroe said...

Yay!!! You all make me feel so good!

Chantal said...

I'm excited to read this, too.
The read deal is one of my favourite books and I liked Jillian in it, so I can't wait to read her story.

P.s, I love the video. That is so cool.

Stacy S said...

I can't wait for this book!! Love the cover.