Thursday, September 06, 2007

New Website, New Book and New Lucy

Well, okay, I'm not really new but I am back and that's feeling pretty cool right now. :)

Let's start with the new book because I'm so darn excited about it. This was the first sexy historical I ever wrote and it is a full length single title. I fell in love with Annabelle and Ian from the first night I dreamed about them (a story I'll tell on Samhain's blog on September 26th), but suffice to say, it's really cool to be able to share their story with readers.

Berkley was interested in this book, but agreed to let me publish it with Samhain. So, I'm really grateful to both publishers for making this foray into original e-publishing possible for me. I'm hoping to connect to readers I haven't had a chance to yet. What do you all think?

Annabelle's Courtship
Aug 07 - eBook
Sept 08 - Print

An inconvenient proposal.

Ian MacKay, Laird of Graenfrae, has no use for love or marriage. However, his stepfather’s will mandates that marriage is what he must have...to an Englishwoman.
A sensible man, Ian develops a list of requirements in a wife: Plain, moderately dowered, older and practical. He thinks he has found the perfect candidate in Lady Annabelle.

Labeled The Ordinary her first season, Annabelle longs for a man who will see her as beautiful and love her as her father loved her mother. When she meets Ian, she thinks she has at last found that man. Until his proposal, in which he has the audacity to list his "requirements."
She refuses his proposal. He informs her that she will marry him at the end of the season.

The battle of wills is on.

Now, let's talk about the new website...Chantal & Kate, I'm so glad you like it. I'm really jazzed about it. The whole design just feels right, like it represents me and my books beautifully!

If you haven't had a look, hop on over and let me know what you think. I'm giving away two really cool prizes off the website this month to celebrate the new digs. So, take a second and enter the contest. It's worth it, I think. :)

And because you all know how much I love giving away prizes...I'll give away an electronic edition of my first Inspirational published under the LC Monroe pseudonym to a random name drawn from the commenters on this post a week from today. Sound cool?

Can a free-spirited woman teach an uptight professor something new about faith and love? She can with the help of two adorable matchmakers.

Oh...FYI - I'm heading to Lora Leigh's RAW next week, is anyone else going? I'm so looking forward to it.

Hugs,
Lucy

17 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Lucy - welcome back! You've been missed. Congrats on the new book! Although, and I posted about this on my blog earlier this week, my ebookwise picked this week to die. I am so unhappy about that, because now I have to wait to read it :( But, my birthday is in a couple weeks... guess what I'm giving myself?

The new site looks great, although it loaded very slowly for me. I love the header banner! (you might want to have your PDF catalogs open in a new window - people tend to close out of pdfs instead of hitting the back button - they'll leave your site that way)

Michelle B said...

It's great to see you posting again, Lucy! The new site looks great:)

I'm not going to be able to make it to RAW, but hopefully we'll get a chance to connect some point soon! I'm sure you'll have a blast at the event.

Stacy~ said...

Hey Lucy, I'm adding it to my list. Sounds wonderful :)

LOVE the new site! Very clean, simple, gorgeous. Just perfect for you. Oh, and have a fabulous time at RAW. I'm waiting til next year to do any conventions.

Chantal said...

Welcome back Lucy!
I was worrid about you while you were gone, but I didn't want to be a crazy stalker fan and email you as much as I wanted to. I hear people get arrested for type of thing, lol.

Have fun at RAW!

Cathy said...

I am a big Samhain Publishing fan and look forward to reading Annabelle's Courtship.

Lucy Monroe said...

Lori...bummer on your eBookwise! Glad you're giving yourself a new one; which has just given me a great idea for a contest prize to give away off my website. LOL Oh, and I passed your comments on to my web designers. So, thanks for those too.

Michelle...will you be going to RWA in July? It's in SF and I'm definitely planning on being there.

Stacy, thanks! So, does that mean you might be at RWA next year?

Chantal...LOLOL You crack me up in such a good way. Man I've missed being here. :)

Thanks to everyone for the neat comments on the website too. :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Kelley Nyrae said...

Hey Lucy! Great to have you back. I love your new website. It looks great. Congrats on the new releases!!

I really wanted to go to RAW but just have way too much going on to be able to get away. I'll be at RWA though. I can drive up which will be nice.

Estella said...

Welcome back, Lucy!
Can't wait to read Anabelle's Courtship.

Brandy said...

YAY! Lucy's back! Missed you!

I can't wait to read Annabelle's Courtship!

Judy F said...

Welcome back Lucy, Missed you so much. Hope life has gotten a bit easier for you. Can't wait to read the new book...Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Hugs

Nichole said...

Welcome Back Lucy! Great site and I can't wait to get your new ebooks.

lidia said...

Lucy,

WELCOME BACK! It is so wonderful to see you posting again.

The new website is great!

Sorry for the delay in posting -- for the past few weeks I've had trouble posting on blogs. No one can figure out what the problem is.

Michelle B said...

Hi again! I'm not sure about RWA in San Francisco. I just moved to Arizona last month for a full-time teaching job, and I'm not sure what I'll be doing next summer yet:)

Jodi said...

Welcome back! You have been missed. I can't wait to read all of your new books!
I'm hoping to drive up to San Fran for RWA next year. But, have to see when we end up going on vacation.

Lucy Monroe said...

Wow...I've got so many warm fuzzies going on right now! Thank you EVERYONE for the welcome back and those of you who plan to read AC...bless you! And pretty please let me know what you think. :)

It's good to be "home".

Hugs,
Lucy

P.S. Michelle...where in AZ? A very dear friend of mine just moved down there last year for a teaching position as well. She said a lot of the teachers from her school are also from out of state. Interesting, huh?

Michelle B said...

I'm working at Estrella Mountain Community College in Avondale, Arizona. It's just west of Phoenix. I love it so far (even with the insane heat)!

Amy said...

I have Annabell's Courtship downloaded on my computer. I loved it and can hardly wait for it to come out in paperback.