Monday, September 10, 2007

Guest Blog from Anne Rainey

Waving hello from Ohio!

I’m Anne Rainey and I want to thank Lucy for having me as a guest blogger. I first fell in love with Lucy’s books when a friend recommended ‘Three Brides for Three Bad Boys”. The title had me curious and so I bought it. Clearly, I was hooked. I mean, oh my! I went out and bought everything I could find with her name on it. LOL The really awesome thing is that besides being a fabulous author, Lucy is truly one of the kindest ladies I’ve ever had the pleasure to come across. It’s women like her that make me feel honored to call myself a fellow romance author! And one of these days she’s going to come to Ohio and I’m finally going to get a chance to meet her! It’ll happen, I just know it!

Okay, let’s get on with the show, because I could quite happily sit here and talk all day about Lucy’s books. Which of her heroes are my favorites. Which stories I read over and over again. LOL You get the idea. By the way, I’ve never guest blogged before, so hang in there as I stumble along. I pondered what to talk about and realized I wanted to talk about heat. More specifically, hot stories. The stories I write are scorchers. They always have a HEA and it’s never sex for the sake of sex. Why erotic romance? I get that question a lot and my answer never changes. I love writing erotic romance because I get to show readers that love isn’t always about flowers and poetry. Sometimes it’s wild and frantic and edgy. Just like real life. And while I read tons of books in all different genres, my own stories will always have you grabbing the ice water!

Haley’s Cabin is one such story. It’s special to me, being my first release and all, but it was never supposed to be a story. Let me explain. A few years ago, I was sitting at the computer and working on my love scenes, sort of running different scenarios through my mind when the idea of a ménage trio popped into my devilish head. I wrote the scene, then set it aside, not really intending to use it. It wasn’t until much later, at the encouragement of a friend, that I decided Haley deserved a happy ending. And I’m so glad she got it too! Haley and Jay are perfect for each other. And I’m thankful Samhain Publishing, Ltd. felt the same way, because Haley’s Cabin sat on their bestseller list for four solid weeks! My editor, Linda, has been a jewel to work with and my cover ended up looking exactly as I’d envisioned, thanks to the very talented Scott Carpenter. They made my first release a memorable experience.

My second release, Instructing Sarah, is out now, as well, through Forbidden Publications. Oh, and I nearly forgot! I’ve got the best contest for all you book-a-holics! I’m giving away a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble. Yep, you can call me an enabler, since I’m clearly feeding the addiction here. LOL

Check out my website for blurbs and excerpt and trailers for all my stories! And while you’re there, sign up for my newsletter!

Discussion question: what are some of your favorite, spicy romances?

My answer: Okay, here’s a few that I seriously have read so many times, that I actually had to go out and buy a second copy. Shannon McKenna’s “Behind Closed Doors”, Jaid Black’s “One Dark Night”. Lori Foster’s “Too Much Temptation”. Lucy Monroe’s “The Real Deal”. Janice Maynard’s “Suite Fantasy” J. R. Ward’s “Lover Eternal”. Just to name a few!

Anne Rainey--bringing desire out of the dark
http://annerainey.com/

42 comments:

lrwirum said...

I love Lora Leigh. She has some hot books. :-) I love the sound of your books they sound fantastic.

Incubus Frost of Mernac said...

I really-really-like that cover for Haley's Cabin; that is fantastic and impels me to get on over to Samhain and GET THAT BOOK!
I enjoyed your blog today also!
Frost

Jodi said...

I recently discoverd Elizabeth Scott and Lacey Alexander. Both write very hot books.
I have read Haley's Cabin. It is hot and I highly recommend it to everyone! I have Instrucing Sarah, but haven't read it yet. (Sorry!)
I have tons of e-books that I've been told are hot reads, but I just don't find the time to sit at the computer to read. I'm always too busy with email to break away to read.

Anne Rainey said...

Irwirum,
I agree Lora Leigh is awesome! Great choice there.

incubus,
Thanks a ton! ALL the Samhain covers rock. I'm so fortunate to be one of their authors...

Jodi!
Thank you so much. And trust me, I soooo understand that to be read pile. LOL Mine is going to smother me one day, I just know it!

Kelley Nyrae said...

Hey, Anne!!!

Great blog. I like, Jodi read and loved Haley's Cabin.

I really like Lacey Alexander in terms of erotic romance. She is smokin.

Tanya said...

I like Sherilyn Kenyon, and many many others...

I agree with the others -- your cover for Haley's Cabin is HOT! Can't wait to read the entire thing.

Anne Rainey said...

Hey Kelley!

I never would have known about Lacey had I not gone to that get together...so glad I did! she's a great writer.

Hi Tonya,

I hope you enjoy Haley's Cabin, it's quite a spicy little tale. LOL
by the way, I love Kenyon too. Every girl should have a Dark-Hunter in her life. LOL ;-)

Melissa said...

Hi Anne! *hugs* here to say hello and echo everyone else on agreeing that Haley's Cabin cover is smokin'!

As for favorite spicy romance...yikes. I read way too many authors (in print and e-pub formats) to pick just one. Wouldn't want to hurt feelings you know :D

*waves hi to Lucy too* I still like "Willing" the best out of that particular trilogy - and that is my favorite of your books so far.

Deb F. said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. :) I, too, like the cover for Haley's Cabin; and after reading the excerpt, I have added it to my "must have" list.

Cathy said...

Definitely Lora Leigh for me as well, plus Sarah McCarty, Shelley Laurenston, Shannon McKenna's Edge of Midnight,and LKH's Anita Blake series.
Enjoyed touring your website today.
Have Haley's Cabin on my wish list.

Anne Rainey said...

Melissa--thanks for visiting me! I swear I have the hardest time picking favorites too. So many wonderful authors and so little time. :-)

Thanks Deb! I hope you enjoy reading Haley's Cabin.

Cathy,
I'm glad you enjoyed my website. I've done it myself so I'm always curious what readers think of it when they visit. :-)

Liz said...

For Spicy Lora Leigh Maya Banks Lauren Dane to name a few

Lucy Monroe said...

Wow...you did the site yourself? It's gorgeous!

As for authors, I've got such a long list I'm afraid to even start it. LOL

I'm blushing from your blog and sending tons of cyber hugs your way!

~Lucy

Aurora Black said...

Hello, Lucy & Anne! :O)

Off the top of my head, I'd have to mention Karen Marie Moning's "Highlander" series, "The Lady's Tutor," by Robin Schone, and anything by Linda Howard (just to name a few).

Anne Rainey said...

Lucy,

Thanks SO much for having me here. And for the compliments on my website. I had looked around to have one professionally done, then realized...I'm not quite ready spend the money. Someday--hopefully soon--I'll be able to have it done by a pro. :-)
*hugs back*

Aurora,
I'm right there with you on Linda Howard, most esp. her earlier work. She's such a wonderful author. And (brag moment) I actually got the chance to meet her and have her sign my book, even got my picture taken with her.

Next author to meet and get my picture taken with...Lucy Monroe! It will happen someday, I just know it!

melanie1962 said...

Thank you for writing edgy books we need more of them.

melanie1962 said...

I really would like to read your books they sound great.

Savannah Chase said...

I'm a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon and Megan Hart.......

Jen said...

Hey Anne, great blog. Ok here's what's funny. All of the hot stories that I've read came recommended by you. So is there any doubt YOUR stories are hot?? There are so many authors I could mention but I'm like everyone else, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out and hurt someone's feelings. ; -)

Amy S. said...

Lora Leigh's Men of August series and her breed series. Shiloh Walker's Hunters series. Blackmailed by Annmarie McKenna

Anne Rainey said...

I'm really enjoying all these comments...heck, I'm adding to my pile even as we speak!

Hey Jen! Thanks for dropping in! One things for sure, you and I definitely have the same taste in books, don't we? wicked minds think alike! LOL

*hugs*

Lisa said...

Ummm, I love all the authors mentioned so far, and this weekend I've added another great author - Amelia Elias. I had her Guardian League series on my Palm for months, and finally read them. Really exciting and almost impossible to put down.

I read Annabelle's Courtship also and it's another great story by Lucy. Historicals are not my favs, but I had read her contemps and her Children of the Moon series and knew that whatever she writes, I would love. I'm ready for the next COTM series! How much longer?

And Anne, you know I love your books.

Pamk said...

Lora Leigh, Lauren Dane, Jaid Black, Shiloh Walker, Judy Mays, JR Ward, Marly Chance and the list goes on I love lots of authors. Your books sounds real good. Must go and check it out further. Am off to your website to make sure I am on your newsletter.

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Lisa! :) The next COTM book will be out in O8. I don't have a month yet, but late that year. :)

hiddenfires said...

I have so many I would take a whole page to list them! I love Lora Leigh, especially the bound hearts series and 3 book series starting with Marly's Choice. Joey Hill is superb if you're looking for strong story lines, sex, and BDSM. I love Maya Banks,McKenzie McKade, Cheyenne McCray, Annie Windsor, Ann Jacobs, Jade Black.... I could go on and on and on!!! The latest author I like is Tilly Greene.

Sue A. said...

Hi Anne,
Lora Leigh and Emma Holly write red hot books in my opinion!

Stacy~ said...

Fun topic! I love the hot stuff: Lacey Alexander, Emma Holly, Jaci Burton, Lora Leigh, Shiloh Walker, to name a few.

Alessia Brio said...

*waves @ Anne*

Um, I can't contribute to the discussion, though, because *blush* I don't read romance. I'm a scifi/fantasy geek.

If I write romance, it's an accident. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. I'm predominantly a writer of erotica -- where sex is one of the main characters. ;)

tam said...

Lora Leigh, Sylvia Day, Bertrice Small, Karen Marie Moning.

Susan said...

I love Lori Foster, Shannon McKenna, Shiloh Walker and Sasha White just to name a few.

Your site is awesome and I signed up for your newsletter too.

Anne Rainey said...

what a great discussion this turned out to be. And the best part, I've added to my list of books!

hiddenfires,
Never read Joey Hill..but now I have to! LOL

:::waves hello to Alessia::: nothing wrong with sex! LOL

Susan, THANK YOU! and I'm I'm a fan of Lori Foster too! :-)

Cherie J said...

Some of my favorite spicy authors are Lauren Dane, Bianca D' Arc, Lora Leigh, Cheyenne McCray,JJ Massa,etc. Thanks for guestblogging Anne. I must try out one of your books. They sound so good. Samhain does have some great covers.

BethRe said...

Lora Leigh love those feline breeds they are awesome

acdaisy95 said...

Hey Anne,
The cover looks great for Haley's Cabin. Lori Foster got me started to read more books like hers. She is awesome. I really enjoyed Never Too Much and Too Much Temptation.

Thanks for blogging.

Anne Rainey said...

acdaisy95,

both of those Foster books are hot! Love 'em! :-)

Anne Rainey said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I think you ladies have given me a whole new list of authors to buy. My husband will not be pleased, LOL.

I will be picking a winner in the next day or so, and Lucy will get the contact information, so I can give away this $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card...lord knows, this baby is just itching to be used. :-D

hugs to all!

~Heather said...

Hey Anne! I have to agree with everyone about Haley's Cabin - LOVED IT! I'm still working on Instructing Sarah, but so far so good! I also like to read Sherrily Kenyon, love the BDB and Kate Douglas.

robynl said...

Sasha White writes hot!!! She is also Canadian. Yahoo.

Julie said...

One of my faves is Dark Guardian by Christine Feehan. It's the first one of her books I read and it's the one that got me hooked on vampires, werewolves, & witches. Oh My! LOL

catslady said...

I love Jill Shalvis - Smart and Sexy is the last one I read but she has others too.

Sophia Danu said...

Great blog, Anne! I couldn't tell it was your first time as a guest blogger. :)

Ina said...

I adore books by Kate Douglas, Lora Leigh, Sherri L. King, Shelley Bradley, Toni Blake, Donna Kauffman and Judi Mccoy! I've recently discovered Nyah Storm. She's definitely an author to watch!