Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back from Lora Leigh's RAW

And what fun I had!!! It was absolutely fantastic meeting with so many of my readers and talking with authors who I considered friends, but many of whom I'd never met face-to-face before. It was incredible getting to put faces to names that have shown up in my in-box, to talk to readers that love my characters as much as I do and be able to hug them in thanks. I also met booksellers and reviewers and they were all uber nice. If any of you read this blog, THANK YOU for making me feel so welcome and so loved.


My youngest daughter accompanied me (well so did dh and our son) and acted as my personal assistant for the weekend, taking pictures, schmoozing the readers while they waited in line for me to sign books (she's really good at that - who would have known?) and in general being a total blessing.


My husband and walked the Cherokee trails and went cave exploring with Lora's husband. They had a wonderful time and told lots of jokes that went over my head most of the time. Okay, so I don't always get that whole masculine humor thing, but that's what keeps life interesting. The differences we all have.


Dh was of course the sexiest man there. All right, maybe I'm biased, but he had his group of fans too. Bad Barb needs a spankin' for flirting and one reader told my daughter that she had a very hot daddy. My daughter about died on the spot. It was too, too funny! Naturally, she thinks her dad is all geek and no play. LOL

You can guess what a fan girl moment I had when I met Lora Leigh face-to-face for the first time. Oh, my...I almost cried. But I showed great fortitude and asked for a picture instead. LOL She was so busy all weekend, but incredibly gracious and she put together a really wonderful event!

I met some outgoing readers, some who were shy, some who fell in between, but they all love romance as much as me and we had a blast together. As expected, I came home with a bunch of goodies and a couple of books I'll be sending off to the drawing winner from my last blog post. And that would be...


Susan


Susan, please email me your mailing address so I can ship your bag of goodies out to you.


I also met the author coordinator for the Women's Expo in Tennessee and she's pretty much concvince me to go next year. Have any of you ever attended a women's expo? I think it will be a blast.


I think you can tell that this weekend was a really special one for me and that I treasure all the readers I met and friends I got to spend time with, but the truth is - I treasure you all as well. I know I've told you before, but it's been a long time. It means more to me than I can say that you choose to spend part of your day chatting with me here on my blog. If you ever doubted it, it *does* make a difference...it matters to me. :)


I was thinking of you all while I was there too. In fact, I had all the authors sign the canvas bag we were given with our stuff inside and will be giving it away to a randomly drawn name from the commenters on this post. I got Lora Leigh, Angela Knight, JR Ward, Christine Feehan and several others to sign the bag.


So, if you were to go to an author-reader weekend, what author(s) would you *most* want to meet?



Hugs,
Lucy



P.S. If you want to see lots of pictures, visit my MySpace page and look under my Lora Leigh's RAW photo album. I'll be adding even more over the next couple of days.


P.P.S. Guess who is coming to guest blog on Friday? I'll give you a hint, she's one of my favorite authors who knows how to mix humor and sensuality perfectly.

19 comments:

Chantal said...

That is so easy to answer, lol.
You, Lora Leigh, Sabrina Jeffries, Eloisa James, Judith McNaught, Brenda Joyce.
I'd for sure ask for an autograph, but I'd probably be too shy to admit who I was. My Dh would laugh at that, as I am the least shy person that either of us know.

I agree that your hubby is hot. I'm also biased, because I have my own yummy Asian hubby, hehe.

Stacy S said...

Glad you had such a great time. I would love to meet you, Julie Garwood, Kay Hooper, Julia Quinn, Karen Hawkins & many more.

Kate Davies said...

Welcome back, Lucy!

I went and checked out your photo album on myspace. It looks like you guys had a blast! My Samhain buddy Bianca D'Arc was one of the authors there and she said it was great.

And give your DD a big hug for helping you out there. She's the best!

Kelley Nyrae said...

Yay, Lucy. I'm so glad you had such a great time. I'd love to have been there. Maybe next year!! I'm heading over to check out the pics now.

Brandy said...

I met one of my favorite authors 2 years ago. By met, I mean that because I am so shy my hubs had to take my arm and lead me up to the table to have my book signed and my Daughter had to tell the author my name. BUT, I would love the opportunity to meet YOU, Lucy, and hmmmm, Kay Hooper, Heather Graham and Jayne Ann Krentz. *G*

Glad to hear you had a great time! Can't wait to see who the Mystery Guest Blogger is, Hmmmmm, wonder who that could be........ *G*

Stacy~ said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! I'd love to go next year.

You, Lucy! I want to meet you. I've met Brockmann, but I'd never pass up another chance. McNaught, Lisa Kleypas, Jude Deveraux. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of wonderful authors, and let me tell you that it's a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it.

Angie G. said...

Hi Lucy,

I was at RAW on Saturday for the booksigning. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there for the entire weekend, but the booksigning was a blast. I was one of the quiet ones who didn't say much, but I SO enjoyed meeting you and getting my books signed. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your vist to Kentucky!

I've been lucky enough to meet many of my favorite authors...Suz Brockmann, Nora Roberts, JR Ward, and now you, but I still have a big wish list for others I'd like to meet someday. Linda Howard, Julie Garwood, and Lisa Kleypas just to name a few.

Thanks again!
Angie

lidia said...

Lucy, You know that I would love to meet YOU -- and a few others like Michelle Reid, Lisa Kleypas, Kate Walker, Patricia Grasso and the list gones on.

I must be technically challenged. I couldn't find the photo album in my space. LOL

Very glad to hear that you had a wonderful time!!!!
Lidia :-)

lidia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QB said...

Hi Lucy!!

Between RT Con 2006, RAW 2007, and RT Con 2008, I think I will have met just about all of "my" authors.

I really enjoyed swapping parent-of-teenagers horror stories with you and your husband at the RAW pig roast. As we say in the Midwest, you are both Good People.

Bev Leveto

Lucy Monroe said...

I remember when I met Julie Garwood - I attended a Spotlight on her at an RWA Nat'l Conf. She was so down to earth and funny. I enjoyed listening to her and laughed out loud at her humor, but I was too shy to go up and say hi until I saw someone else ask about having their photo taken and she was so nice about it. I got the courage to ask to and somewhere around here is a picture of me with Julie Garwood. LOL

Waving hi to you all and hoping to meet everyone who wants to meet me some day!

Oh, and if you're having problems finding the photo page, here's the direct link (smooches to Lidia, whom I'm sure is *not* technologically challenged):
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=110264561&albumId=1050297

Lucy Monroe said...

Bev...you and I must have been posting at the same time. :) It was great meeting you and Tom also had a blast chatting with you at the Pig Roast!

And Angie...thank you! I really loved meeting readers up close and personal. The weekend reminded me why I write and about the things I love most about being a romance author. It was a total blessing. :)

Estella said...

?Glad you had a good time. I would like to meet you, Nora Roberts, Mariah Stewart, Jill shalvis,Helen Kay Dimon and on and on.

Cherie J said...

Congrats Susan! Sounds like you had a blast! I would love to meet you, Christine Feehan, Nalini Singh, Jacquelyn Frank and Robin Owens just to name a few.

KimW said...

So glad you had a great time! That does sound like fun! I would like to meet you, Lora, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood, Stephanie Laurens, Sabrina Jeffries, Alison Kent and a whole bunch of others. What a fun party that would be.

Pamk said...

Nalini Singh, Maggie Shayne. Alyssa Day, karen Chance, S.L. Viehl Those are some I've never met.

Lori said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time! Well, since I've been so fortunate to have already met you at Celebrate Romance in Long Beach (a highlight, BTW), and Suz Brockmann at RWA, and many other wonderful authors at Lori Foster's get-together, I'd have to say... Judith McNaught, Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Karen Rose, Rachel Gibson (who shares my hockey passion), and Janet Dailey (who made me fall in love with romance - all those Harlequin American Romances in the late 70s and early 80s!). Gosh, there are so many others - way too many to name them all!

Lucy Monroe said...

Let me tell you...I'm still a total fan girl when I go to conferences. There are so many authors on my auto buy list I've yet to meet. The world is a magical place. LOL

Judy F said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. I wish I could have gone... Maybe next time. I love Lori's get together. I have met some wonderful authors and readers there.

I would love to me you first of all, Linda Howard, Sandra Brown, Julie Garwood to name a few.