Friday, December 01, 2006

Computer Crash

Just wanted to let you know that a sector on my computer hard-drive has corrupted. Wouldn't you know, it's the one with my system registry? I can use my recovery CD ROM only if I'm willing to wipe the harddrive. I'm *so* not!

You see...I lost my back up memory stick and just bought a new one, but had not yet backed up my files. Not that I've found a practical way to back up email, I *do* try to back everything else up. Praise God (seriously) ... I sent my editor all the pages I had edited on my WIP just hourse before the crash. What a blessing, let me tell you!

Anyway, am taking it to the "computer doctor" today in hopes of saving as much of the data as I can.

I'll try to keep you updated on progress. My biggest concern? The many emails I had in my in-box when the computer crashed. If you have written me and have not gotten an answer, please re-send. I'm checking email on the server for now.

Hugs,
Lucy

14 comments:

Brandy said...

Sorry to hear about your computer woes, but am very glad you didn't lose the pages you had edited! Good luck getting your computer fixed!!

Estella said...

Sorry about your computer--they do have a mind of their own sometimes.
Glad you could save your pages.

Jennifer Y. said...

Sorry to hear about your computer crash!

Hugs!

Mia Romano said...

Hope they can fix it. I've been there before and was glad I could save my work from being lost forever. Hope things get better for you!

Joyce said...

Good thing you had already sent your editor your WIP.

Hope your computer can be fixed.

Computers are absolutely great when they are working but can be a nightmare when they are not.

Kelley said...

Oh no. I hope you get it worked out soon, Lucy.

Cryna said...

Sorry about your computer Lucy, and I hope that the computer doctor can salvage a lot of your data. You were so lucky to have sent your edited pages already in..........Big Hugs to you........

lidia said...

Lucy, sorry to hear about your computer problems. We rely so much on our computers -- it is a big hassle when they have problems.

Luckily you didn't lose your work!

Michele said...

It's amazing how much we are put into a tailspin when our computers go Kaputz.
Hope the Computer MD's diagnosis is quick and as financially painless at possible.

Awesome that the pages were saved prior. Someone's watching over you.

Stacy~ said...

Aw man, sorry to hear this Lucy. I'm glad you managed to send your stuff to your editor and didn't lose that. We would've been in mourning right with you.

Kate Davies said...

Yowch!

Thanks for the reminder to back up, back up, back up. :) Best of luck with the retreival process -- and congrats on getting your pages edited and turned in!

Kate

ChristyJan said...

sorry to hear about your computer crash ~ that can be so frustrating

CrystalG said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. (((HUGS)))

Judy F said...

Hugs Lucy. Sorry to hear about your computer,,,