Sunday, November 19, 2006

This, That and the Other Thing...

The latest blog winner (for books from my prize shelves - NOT Dianne Castell's special blog post winner) is: Estella! Hon, please email me with your mailing address to confirm your win. :)

Want to read an advanced review for my first ever werewolf novella "Come Moonrise" in the UNLEASHED anthology? You can read it on Marilyn's Romance Reviews. I think you get a really good taste for the world you'll find in my Children of the Moon books. Though the first single title in this series is set in Medeivaal Scotland and is out in Feb of next year. :)

So far, though...advance response to "Come Moonrise" has been fantastic. And I'm so pleased because it is one of those stories I wrote not knowing if I would sell it, or not...and I did and I love it and I hope readers are going to too. LOL

I edited 15 pages yesterday and got a few new ones written, which is happy news for me. Did a little Christmas shopping today and ordered some new Hercule Poirot A&E DVDs tonight. I do so love my Agatha Christie.

Oh, and Pregnancy of Passion is sold out already on eHarlequin. My hope of course is that they'll get more copies in, but it's always good news when books have a strong start. (Thanks for letting me know, Marilyn!)

And want to hear something VERY cool? I'm having my website redesigned by, um...a professional. Sigh...yes, I'm finally giving up control...at least some of it. LOL I'm SO excited about this. I had emailed several designers about the project and went with Code 718. Prelim design ideas are knocking my socks off! The new site is scheduled to go live January 22...just before the release of Moon Awakening. Uber neat, huh?

That's it...for now. :)

Oh...discussion question: Are you all Christmas shopping already, half-done or not started?

20 comments:

Maureen said...

Since my husband started doing a good portion of the Christmas shopping a few years ago I haven't gotten myself all upset about Christmas shopping anymore. We have started but still have the majority to do. We must get serious this week.

moonlissa said...

I ran out to Borders Saturday when I found out Pregnancy of Passion was in stock!

Kelley said...

Oh, I didn't realize Pregnancy of Passion was out!! I hope they get more out there :)

I haven't bought a single present yet. I'm so bad. I plan to go this weekend.

kim said...

wtg estalla

Brandy said...

I am almost done with my Christmas shopping! I have the kids all done, and even know what I'm getting the In-Laws, I just have to go pick their gifts up! I will be so glad when Christmas is over!

Dannyfiredragon said...

Big congrats Estella!

I am done with my Christmas shopping. I started really early this year, in May while I was in the US. No better place to find some really nice stuff for my family

Heather said...

I have a few items bought, several more made, and am working on another now - plus handmade ornaments and Christmas cards. Is it January yet??

Jennifer Y. said...

I have bought a couple of things, but I am nowhere close to being done with Christmas shopping.

I can't wait for the new books!

Joyce said...

I have not even started yet!

Lucy Monroe said...

I love Christmas shopping...it's the wrapping that overwhelms me. Last year, I paid my kids to do it for me. LOL

As for POP - most stores won't shelve it until this weekend, but I'm glad some readers are finding it! :)

Cryna said...

Way cool on the book review......and I am sure that your new website will be terrific.

I am going to send a money order to my daughter and son so they can buy the grandchildren something, that I know they want, and add the cost of the postage it would have cost me to mail parcels to the money order so they have extra, then I don't have to deal with customs, etc.

As for the family here, we gave up buying Christmas Presents for us adults years ago. Although that still leaves a birthday present for my sister and an anniversary gift for my parents to get.......So I am being sort of lazy this year.

Cryna said...

Oh, and I missed saying congratulations to Estella on your win from Lucy.........Enjoy your prize.

Stacy~ said...

Congrats Estella! WTG!

I have to stop at the store and get my copy - I was just there yesterday and didn't notice any new HP's. Know what's cool? The Border's rewards program! You can get great discounts, and a portion of it goes into an acct that you can spend at the end of the year. I earned almost $60 - more books, yay! It's almost as good as the discount I had when I worked at B&N.

Haven't done much shopping, but I don't really have a lot to do, thank God. Shopping is stressful any time of year. I love buying for kids, though. Just glad I don't have a Playstation on my list.

Judy F said...

I have barely started. WOrking retail has sucked the life out of my love of Christmas shopping.

lidia said...

Congratulations Estella!

I don't read paranormal books -- I limit the genres because of limited time for reading. However, in your case Lucy I will have to make an exception. I haven't read a book by you yet that I didn't like. Of course I have my personal favorites. LOL

As for Christmas shopping, this year I am way behind. I already bought a few small things but I still need to to purchase gifts for all of my nephews and nieces (8).

One good thing is that last year we decided to do a secret santa for the adults -- that way you only buy for one person instead of seven. We are doing the same thing this year.

Christmas is so much more than shopping and gifts. I love this time of year and quite frankly don't like to rush it.

Jen in WA said...

Christmas shopping... ugh, don't remind me. I've been coming up with lists of things to get people, but actually haven't had the time to do any shopping. I'll probably do it all via the internet for the 3rd year in a row. I hate going to the stores at this time of year.

Melissa said...

Does it count that I've started Christmas shopping in my mind? Just need to get out there and do it.

Tee said...

I have started my shopping but not even close to being done. I have been really put my time into getting my Christmas cards completed. I hope to finish up tomorrow

Estella said...

We don't give gifts in our family, so don't have to shop for anything but the ingredients for the meal we have.

Danica/Dream said...

Can I just say Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha because I got Pregnancy of Passion before it sold out?

I have nothing to say except I just wanted to pop in and say hi. :)

Let's not discuss Christmas shopping, although I have decided to very much downgrade it this year.