Thursday, November 16, 2006

Five Things You Might Not Know About Me

I've been tagged by fellow author and total sweetheart Cheryl St. John to tell you all Five Things You Might Not Know About Me. In turn, I tag Kate Davies and Nicola Marsh.

The goods:

Hmm...this probably shouldn't be so hard, but I have to wonder...what might you *not* know about me? I'm a pretty open book. Think obscure, Lucy...think trivial...irrelevant...okay, and try to make it fun.

. . .

I'm still thinking.

Still thinking...what about...? Nah...that's boring. Oh, it's okay if it's boring? Better than reading elipses? All right then...

1. I've jumped out of an airplane twice. Both when I was a rather innocent 17 and quite sure nothing bad could really happen to me, so let's not go drawing any conclusions based on that about me now, yeah?

2. I read Sean Michael. If you don't know who he is, you won't know why that's surprising. If you do, well...then yes, I really do read him, but you probably do too. LOL

3. My favorite book ever is "Good Wives" the follow on to "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott and not a single steamy scene in the whole book, but I've read it so many times I should be able to quote passages. :)

4. My favorite color is yellow because hot pink was already taken by my grandmother and younger sister. Don't ask me how my *younger* sister got there first...she apparently wasn't so afraid of stepping on Grandma's hot pink shod toes. But I do love yellow because it's the color of sunshine...or was in my very young brain when I chose it as my talisman color.

5. I only became a chocoholic *after* I started writing. Prior to that, my sugar of choice came in the form of a donut...pretty much any donut. LOL

Okay, now it's your turn. But I'll settle for you telling me ONE thing not too many people know about you.

17 comments:

Brandy said...

I come across as serious and shy, but I have been told I have a wicked sense of humor.

Jennifer Y. said...

This is hard...hmmm...I am kind of boring.

I broke my little toe as a freshman my first weekend at college when I fell off my loft in my dorm room trying to make the bed. For the next few weeks I was known as "the girl who broke her toe". When I would meet new people in the dorm, they would say, "Oh, you're the one who broke your toe." Word travelled fast...good thing I thought it was funny even if I did have to hobble around to classes (which wasn't a short walk).

P.S. We took down the loft bed immediately.

Estella said...

My husband is an avid hunter. People do not know that I detest venison.

Joyce said...

I wanted to skydive but since I was also 17 my parents wouldn't OK it. In hindsight I think they were right, if only because I have always been a klutz and probably would have broken something.

Jen in WA said...

I have a touch of road rage. Not the "follow after the idiot driver and confront them" kind. It's more the sit in my car and tell at the idiot drivers. I'm sure my blood pressure is always elevated after having been out driving. :)

Chantal said...

I have severe fear of heights. It almost takes over my life. I can't even sit with my son on the top of his bunk bed. When he first get the bed I climbed up to play a board game with him, and when it was time to come down I freaked right out.

Melissa said...

I once got on a flight going to the wrong place. Didn't realize it until half way through the flight! (That's what you get for assuming the travel agent heard you right over the phone re: your destination, not double checking your tickets and then being so sleepy at check-in that you thought the gate agent was referring to your layover destination not your final destination). It took me years and years to live this down, so I can't believe it popped into my head just now. My advice to anyone is make sure you really distinguish between Greensboro, NC and Greenville, SC -- they are not that close together.

Brandy said...

Melissa, I live near Greenville, I can vouch. They are in no way near each other!!

lidia said...

People think that I am quiet until they get too know me a bit. I can talk up a storm. The more excited that I get, the faster I speak.

Kate Davies said...

I'm totally grinning at your list, Lucy -- and I thought I knew you! :)

Thanks for tagging me -- my list is up on my blog now. (And it's definitely harder to come up with items for the list than you might think!)

Cryna said...

I usually come across as very confident of myself and a leader, but actually deep down I really am self-conscious of what ideas I come up with because I figure they are not right or might be considered silly or dumb. It is something I struggle with all the time.

kim said...

very shy lol

Lucy Monroe said...

Okay...I'm laughing because none of your comments seem boring to me! It's all in the eye of the beholder, yes? Thanks to everyone who has shared.

I'm really looking forward to reading more. :)

Heather said...

Though not afraid of heights per se, I am afraid of high ledges - owing to the fact I almost fell off a mountain when I was 4 or 5. Good thing my older sister had fast reflexes!

Judy F said...

I am fairly shy unless I know you well. I hate being made fun of, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I am very insecure about a lot of things

CherylStJ said...

I can't write a synopsis or story idea unless I know both of the character's names for sure. Positive. In stone. My character's names rarely ever ever change after that point.

Denyse said...

One thing most people don't know about me is that despite my current writing, I really DON'T like erotica at all. I find it a chore/bore to read, and if I had my ideal writing experience, it would be romance without a lot of heavy breathing and explicit detail. (That should effective kill my sales, wouldn't you say, Lucy?)

Hugs to all,
Denyse