Sunday, October 15, 2006

My News...the teasing is over...

I'm so excited, my heart is just dancing! I sold the first historical I ever wrote to Samhain Publishing and just got definitive release dates. Annabelle's Courtship (you now...Samhain lets me keep my titles...that feels so weird...) will be out in e-release August 7th, 2007 (my birthday btw) and the print release is November '07. Isn't that just like totally, totally cool???

You see, I wrote AC and sent it off to Avon and well, it got one of those really GOOD rejections, but I didn't send it anywhere else because by then I'd already written Come Up and See Me Sometime and started the T - Me trilogy and wanted to try to sell it first. And by the time I sold the third book to Berkley, I had the idea for Moon Awakening and wanted to write it and start a paranormal historical series. I was very reticent about selling AC to the same market because I felt it would confuse readers if I went from historical to historical-paranormal and then back again. I want readers to know what to expect from me and they can expect more Children of the Moon books from Berkley, yeah?

So, after some negotiations with Berkley and a nail biting submission to Samhain, it's going to happen.

So, yeah...I'm excited. But with the LC Monroe books, I've got 10 releases next year...AGAIN. LOL I've got to hope readers don't get tired of my books. And well, I really believe in all of these stories - so I'm hoping it will be a very good year for all of us. :)

Discussion question: If I were going to write a book with a character from a previous story, who do you think it should be and why? No limitations...if you think I should write a follow-up story for primary characters, don't be shy about saying so. If you want to see the story for a secondary character, let me know.

Alternate question: If you can't think of an answer to the above, or if you just want to chat about this idea as well - what kind of character would you like seen written about? What I mean is: is there a particular personality type you favor, or a profession you'd like to see explored, or something like that. Make sense?

And, okay, we all know I write the stories that come to me, but there's nothing to say that a comment you make here won't take hold of my subconscious and birth a story when I least expect it. :) Right? Besides, I love chatting with you all about this kind of stuff.

And hey, don't feel like you've got to limit yourself to my books. If there's a story by another author you'd really like to see, share.

19 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Yay Lucy! This is just thrilling news. And I will never get tired of your books.

I am all about unrequited love storie, and I adore a hero who fits the "still waters run deep" quality. I love alphas and their more dominant personalities, but I want to read about a man who shows his love more with his quiet actions towards the heroine, who loves her because of who she is and though she may not know of his feelings, that doesn't mean he doesn't love her passionately and completely. Maybe she hates him for some reason, or initially only thinks of him as a friend until something prompts him to win his lady love. Something ROMANTIC.

Professions to explore: rock star (or country singer), male librarian, chef, male author, magician or illusionist (ala Criss Angel)

Bonnie Ferguson said...

Congratulations :)

Chantal said...

omg!! Yayayayayah. I'm THRILLED for you. Thrilled for me to, because I get to read more of your books!

I really enjoy a cave man type hero (Rich, rich, rich of course)Me tarzan-you jane. Throws the girl over his shoulder and runs to the bedroom. Oh yeah. I like for him to admit to his love before she does, and I like a man who sets out to win his girl.

I'm drawn to stories that involve pregnancy, single dads, rich men-poor women..the fairytale type story.

I would like to read about a very pregnant woman is trapped somewhere with a man, they fall in love, have lots of sex, then she goes into labour and he gets to deliver the baby!!


Hmmmm, who do I want seen written about?? I'll have to come back to that one after I think about it a it.
Good question!

Ali said...

Yaaaay! Congratulations, Lucy :-)
I can't wait for the release!

As for which profession I like...well, the ones you write about suit me just fine, lol

Cryna said...

What terrific news, Lucy........I am so happy for you......

I like the alpha hero like your Merc guys. Ones that are strong, but at the same time protective but not to the point of smothering the heroine, who can live with them being who they are and in charge.

A story about a Country Singer (I guess because I love country, but it could be about any Singer) and possibly the way he/she feels toward their manager, agent, etc. And how it all come together.......I also like firemen, actors would be another good line.

Cryna

Jennifer Y. said...

Great news Lucy! Congrats!

Estella said...

Great news, Lucy!

Brandy said...

That's wonderful news Lucy. I'm marking my calender now!! As for yur books, I enjoy the ones yu come up with. Um, maybe a shy bookseller?

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks for the congrats...I am way excited about this!

And wow...without giving too much away, I do want to say you all have definitely sparked some creative thoughts for me. Nothing I can use right now, but maybe later, yeah?

Carol said...

Congratulations! I love historicals!

Kelley said...

Congrats, Lucy. Thats terrific news. And we would never get tired of your books!! Love em

Lori said...

Congrats Lucy! And what a wonderful birthday present you'll have this year!

And pshaw - we never get tired of your books!

Maura said...

ohhh - congratulations, Lucy!

I'll be looking for that one from Samhain too!

hmmm - I love all your heros but I'd love to see one of your mercs stuck delivering a baby and having to care for the newborn because the mom is wiped out. Maybe a cute little baby girl :)

Lucy Monroe said...

You all are way to nice to me! And Maura...you know I can see right now that several of you think like I do. Let's make the big, bad, merc sweat. LOL

Someday...I think I'm gonna have to write me some more mercs.

Dannyfiredragon said...

Wow that are terrific news, Lucy!

lidia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I love your historicals -- can't wait to read this one -- your first book -- makes it very special.

Stories -- how about a "real" alpha H who loves the h for sometime but for some reason has not told her. From his actions to date, she has no idea -- but that will shortly change.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Lucy! The more books from you the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Each one is unique and I always find myself wanting more at the end.

I think your Merc's are my favorites if I had to pick, but in general I just love how you do Alphas. Would love to see one of your (modern) Alphas have to deal with a crying heroine. Not just a little sniffle mind you, but one of those times where you just know that once you get started crying you're not going to be able to stop -- think we've all been there for some reason or another. Of course even though I can generally hold it together I will confess certain commercials can make me cry.

Michelle B said...

A belated congrats from me as well, Lucy! I haven't had much time to keep up with blogs and such lately with my crazy teaching and internship schedule. I'm so glad to hear I'll have plenty of your books to look forward to next year:) I found time to read Take Me in my crazy schedule and I loved it! It's definitely my favorite of the trilogy (though I loved all three books). Can't wait to read all the new stuff you have in store for us:)

Vivi Anna said...

Yeah Lucy! Wow, we're going to be at the same publisher...my fantasy/vampire series Draconian Legends comes out from Samhain Publishing in December...

Woot!