Sunday, August 20, 2006

1st Day On the Road

Well...we're finally here. :)  Edits in the car went great, the border was um...slow but weirdly no problem once we reached the guard house.  Vancouver is a gorgeous city and seems to have had a sprucing up since our last visit.  The hotel so far is lovely, though we just checked in, so more on that later.
 
I do not have Net access, so dh is running my laptop down to the nearby Internet Cafe to send this and my manuscript off.  Here's hoping it all works.  I'll hope to pop in at a Net Cafe again in the next day or two with stories to tell and a chance to respond to your comments.  Or at least I hope I'll have stories...I did say I was trying to get some good info on the inner workings of the Vancouver Film Industry, yeah?
 
Signing off now so dh can take off with the computer!
 
Hugs to all!

15 comments:

Lis said...

I think Vancouver's trying to spruce up for the 2010 Olympics. Enjoy your time in canuckville :O)

Dannyfiredragon said...

Hi Lucy,

have a great time in Vancouver. I recently read two books that are set in Vancouver and they made me curious about the city

Cryna said...

Lucy

Glad that you made it to Vancouver and all is fine. And Lis is right they are sprucing up for the 2010 Olympics, but Vancouver is a beautiful place. We get a lot of film making in and around this area as well.

Nicola Marsh said...

Enjoy your trip, Lucy.

I adore Vancouver (used it as a base for my honeymoon.) It reminds me a lot of Melbourne :)

robynl said...

Lucy, welcome to Canada; I'm in Sask.(2 provinces away).

Stacy~ said...

I've heard nothing but good thing about Vancouver, as well as quite a few other places in Canada. Enjoy your visit :)

Estella said...

Enjoy Vancouver!

Brandy said...

I'm jealous. I've never been outside the US and have always wanted to see Vancouver. Have fun and good luck! (and can't wait to hear more.)

Dena said...

I've been to Vancouver once, but didn't see much because I was there for a Girl Scout Jamboree. So I'm looking forward to your posts Lucy.

Holly said...

WOW! I love the new look of your blog, Lucy. It's wonderful (forgive me if it's not new, but I haven't been able to visit much).

I hope you have a lovely time in Canada! Be safe.

Cryna said...

Robynl - that puts me between you both, I am in Alberta. Would you believe I have never been to Saskatchewan. This coming from someone who was born in Nova Scotia. But it is a Province that I would like to visit.

Lucy Monroe said...

We are having a grand time! Thanks everyone. The whole family sort of feels right at home here, which doesn't always happen when we travel. But it's a fantastic city with so many things to do and see. More in my travelogue. :)

Jennifer Y. said...

I am glad you are having a great time!

bamabelle said...

Lucy,

I'm so glad that you are having a good time! You deserve it!

Cherie said...

So glad you are having such a great time!

Cherie Japp