Monday, July 10, 2006

Inspiration pics for my 2nd twin's story...

I promised I'd post these once I got started on the book. Since Eleanor and Amber are sisters, I just flipped the pic I used for Ellie and it gave a subtly different look to Amber for my mind's eye. But I'm not going to post it here since you've already seen the other.

However, here's my character description for Amber Taylor: She's a cover model, though at 24, she's either on the cusp of discovery or ready to slide into inevitable mediocrity in her field. She's been modeling since her teens and her mother's encouragement to stay trim and go for the brass ring has exacerbated a mild eating disorder in Amber. She has the same aqau eyes as her sister, but weighs a little over ten pounds less (and Ellis is trim remember). She's also 5'9" with smallish curves and both exercises and lifts weights to keep her body perfectly tone. Her career has consumed her life and the men she meets within it do not spark fire inside her...until she is introduced to Miguel. She's used to being seen as a body. She sees her own beauty much as a carpenter might his hammer. It is a tool to her, but not personal. The cut-throat world of modeling has not encouraged a strong self-image or confidence in her uniqueness as a person.

Miguell Menendez is pure playboy. At 30, he's not ready to settle down, but he loves women. With dark brown hair, gray eyes and sculpted muscles, he has no problem drawing them to him either. Sex is intimate for him, but not in the way it is for Amber. Getting that physically close to another human being, connecting with them enough to find completion...that's as close as he wants to get period. He appreciates sex. Enjoys it, but has never felt the emotional pull that comes from truly making love. He's not consciously cruel, just supremely unaware of his affect on Amber's heart...or any other woman's.

Now, tell me...don't these pictures say it all? He's sexy, he's comfortable with himself and his sexuality and it's business first thing in the morning, not a warm chat for two.
This story is very emotionally intense with a hero who messes up royally and a heroine who (for reasons you will discover later) learns to associate him with her own destruction and does not want to give him another chance - no way, no how. Toss in the growing relationship with her new family and an unlikely attraction between her mom (who kidnapped her as a baby) and her biological father and you have a story that is going to keep me on tenterhooks and most likely emotional overload the whole time I'm writing. LOL
What do you think?

13 comments:

Kelley said...

Yep! The picture is perfect. Sounds like a great story. I cant wait :)

Michelle B said...

Wow, Lucy! Sounds like another fabulous story. I love the sound of the book so far. Can't wait to read it!

Brandy said...

Sounds great, and you're right. The picture does seem to fit the character you've described. Can't wait for it to hit the shelves.

lidia said...

Great pix! The twins' stories sound like winners. Can't wait to read them.

Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile. It took me quite some time to catch up.

Jennifer Y. said...

Sounds great!

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Aren't those great pics? JudyF posted them as "hotties" on the Vamps & Scamps loop months ago and I saved 'em because I knew I had to write that guy's story. It's such an intimate yet typical guy picture. Does that make any sense?

And Lidia...it's great to see you again. :)

Hugs to ALL!!

Michele said...

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for many reasons.. the story line, the images and the man.
"intimate" is an understatement,LOL!

Sounds like another winner in the making...
You make it seem so easy, Lucy.. and I know that's not the case.

Oh! The anticipation ... *grin*

Kate Davies said...

Okay, that settles it... I'm officially going off digest and on individual e-mails at Scamps and Vamps. If pics like that are making a daily appearance, I refuse to miss them any more! :)

Kate

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Michele and Kate! Thanks. :)

Judy F said...

OH lucy that story sounds good. Glad the hotties are helping. LOL Hugs

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks, Judy! You are so good for my creativity! :)

Hugs,
Lucy

Judy F said...

now if I could only find a hottie in real life..... Just have to stick with little kitty Sammy for now...

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Judy!